Chapter 12

Harry woke up and reached for Julie. He sat up when he didn't feel her. He looked around the room. The bathroom door was open, but she wasn't in there. She wasn't on the balcony either. He got up and checked the other room, but no sign of her there either. He picked up his phone and called her. Straight to voicemail. He was practically in a panic. He got dressed and went to Niall's room. Maybe she was there or Amanda knew where she was. He knocked on Niall's door. When no one answered, he knocked louder.

Niall came to the door still half asleep. "Harry, what's going on?"

"Is Julie here?" When Niall shook his head, Harry continued. "Is Amanda?"

"Yeah, she's asleep. What's going on?" He asked.

"I woke up, and she was gone. Called her phone, and it went straight to voicemail. After the rough time she's been having, I'm a bit concerned." He said.

"Let me wake Amanda, but I'm sure everything's ok." He walked back into the bedroom. "Amanda? Princess?" He kissed her cheek. When she finally opened her eyes, he kissed her lips. "Sorry to wake you, but Harry's here. I think he needs to talk to you."

"Huh? Why would he need to talk to me?" She asked sleepily.

"He woke up to JJ gone this morning. Think he may need reassurance everything's ok." He said.

She sighed and lay back on the bed. "Great. I was afraid she'd pull back and run. How far though?"

"Um, you may want to hide the doubts a little more when you talk to Harry." Niall said.

"Yeah, I guess." She got up got dressed and went out by Harry. "Hey." She said.

"Hey, sorry to wake you, but do you know where Julie is?" He asked.

"No. Niall told me she was gone when you woke up. Let me check my phone." She pulled out her phone and looked. Nothing. Damn her. She called. Right to voice mail. She texted her. She knew if JJ's phone was off, she wouldn't get it until she turned it back on; but it was something. "Sorry, I don't know where she is. I'm sure she's ok. She's gone through a lot lately. I'm sure she probably needs some alone time." She tried to convince both of them.

"Just when I thought we were getting somewhere." He ran his hands through his hair. "It's so frustrating."

"I know" Amanda put her hand on his shoulder. "I imagine her emotional outburst the other night didn't sit well with the rational controlled version of her. I'm sure after she thought about it, she determined she needed to get back in control. She doesn't feel in control with you."

"What's that mean?" Harry asked.

"It means, she acts with her heart and her body with you instead of her head. Not saying it's right, but she's afraid to feel. I know you've had to realize that."

"Yeah, I just wish she'd trust me enough to not run away." Harry said.

"You and me both." She said and hugged him. "You and me both."

Julie sat on a rock at the beach for hours and just stared at the ocean. She was angry at herself for the past few days. She'd been letting her emotions cloud her judgement, and she didn't need to go back to being that girl. She needed to get control of her emotions and control her actions. She wanted to make the right decisions and stop acting on her feelings and emotions without weighing the consequences. Maybe Amanda, Harry, Niall, and the rest of them weren't mad at her, but they should be. She was still angry that people could talk about anyone like those girls did, especially about people they didn't even know; but she shouldn't have reacted the way she did. She took a deep breath, and put her arms on her knees and buried her head in her arms.