Chapter 33

A few weeks later, Amanda walked into the apartment and her phone started ringing. She knew it was Niall, he called every morning right around the time she would be getting in from work. It was close to Thanksgiving and they hadn't seen each other in weeks. "Hey babe." Amanda said answering and putting her things down.

"Hey Princess. How was work?" Niall asked.

"Busy, but relatively normal night." Amanda said making her way to the kitchen. "Do you know when you are going to be able to get here yet?" She asked. She asked every morning. Neither Niall, nor Harry knew when they would actually be able to come. They just knew it would be sometime before the Thanksgiving holiday and that was in only days. She was getting impatient.

"Not yet. We should know soon, we were promised we would be able to get there to celebrate Thanksgiving with you." Niall said. They continued their conversation for a bit longer when Amanda heard Harry interrupt Niall. "Hey Princess Harry wants to know if JJ's sleeping because she isn't answering her phone."

"No, she's still at work. She's been picking up extra hours during the day. I don't know how she does it half the time." Amanda said.

"I'm going to put you on speaker ok? Harry apparently needs to have a conversation and since he can't talk to JJ he's going to bother us." Niall said.

Amanda laughed. "That's fine, I like Harry."

"Thanks Amanda." Harry said laughing. "Why is she picking up extra shifts so much?"

"Well, she's going to kill me if I tell you guys, you know that right?" Amanda said.

"Why?" Both Harry and Niall asked at the same time.

"Well, between her medical bills from Vegas and her student loans and the bills and rent from our unpaid time off with you guys she's having a hard time. Plus, our dream apartment opened up in our building, and we had been saving for that, because it's much bigger, but she's had to spend some of that. And if we don't come up with the security deposit, plus first and last months rent for that, we won't get it.  And they only gave us until the end of this week to come up with it. I told her I could help her with this apartment's rent but of course she wasn't having it. There's no way we can come up with the money for the other apartment though." Amanda explained. Oh, JJ was so going to kill her.

"And why are we just hearing about this now?" Harry asked. "Why wouldn't she, or you for that matter, let us know? We told you we would cover whatever you needed if you came to London with us."

"Have you met your girlfriend before? Do you think her stubborn ass would ask anyone for help? I'm doing ok, I don't have her medical bills or student loans. She didn't even let me know how bad her medical bills were until she had to tell me she couldn't come up with her part of the security deposit in time. Apparently, the hospital in Vegas is out of network for the insurance we have, so she has to pay a lot out of pocket. And that's when I figured out why she was working 16-20 hour days so much." Amanda said.

"Well how come you never told me you were thinking of moving?" Niall asked.

"I don't know, we've been thinking about this apartment for so long I guess it just didn't seem like something to bring up. We weren't sure we were going to get it. It's not that big of a deal. We are fine where we are." Amanda said. It got too quiet on the other end. "Um, what's going on?"

"Oh, nothing, we have to go though, gotta be on our way to another interview." Niall said.

"Alright, I hope you find out soon when you get to come here, I'm going crazy. I love you." Amanda said.