Chapter 34

Julie woke up the next morning and smiled when she realized it wasn't a dream, and Harry was actually there with her. She hated it, but she felt complete when he was with her. She didn't want to need him but it definitely sucked when she couldn't be with him. She probably would never admit it out loud but she wanted to be with him all the time. She kissed his jawline and pushed herself up a little and that's when she saw it. He had his left arm up over his head and you couldn't miss it. He had a new tattoo. She wrinkled her brow and made a face. "What the hell?" She said out loud.

Harry opened his eyes. "What? What's wrong?"

She looked at him and then back at the tattoo. She just shook her head.

"What?" He laughed.

"I didn't know you were getting a new tattoo." She said. She wasn't quite sure how she was going to tell him she hated it.

"Well maybe if you didn't work all the time, and we actually had a conversation the past few weeks, you would have." He laughed at her.

She rolled her eyes. "Interesting choice." She sat up and put her feet on the floor.

"Whoa, wait." He pulled her back so her head was laying on his stomach. "What's wrong."

"Nothing, maybe it was my fault we didn't get to talk much but it would have been nice to know. Especially, well, the details." She said.

"You don't like it?" He asked playing with her hair.

She smiled at him playing with her hair, he'd never done that before. "Doesn't matter. It's your body."

"Yeah but I want you all over my body so...." He laughed.

"Well I may not have chosen some of those details, like the mermaid, or being completely uncovered." She said.

"So, you don't like anything about it." He said laughing.

"I like the person it's on." She said. "That's all that matters." She sat up, leaned down and kissed him. "The rest doesn't matter." She put her feet back down on the floor.

"I swear that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard you say." He laughed again. "But, where are you going?"

"I have a couple of things to take care of, then we have to start moving, and then I have to get started for Thanksgiving, it's in two days and now I'm not sure how I'm going to get it all done." She said.

"So, you're taking the apartment?" He asked her sitting up.

"Yes, Panda really wants it." She said getting up and going to her desk.

"And what about you?" He asked.

"It's a great apartment, Harry. But I would have been just fine staying here." She said leaning down and writing.

"Well I'm glad you're accepting it." He said.

She walked over to him and handed him a check.

"What's this?" He said looking at it.

"Partial payment. I'm paying you back." She said walking to her dresser.

"Cute, but I'm not taking this." He said holding it out.

"Yes, you are. I will accept the loan to get the apartment but I'm paying you back." She said getting her clothes. "Every penny."

"Julie, will you stop being so damn stubborn." He said.

"No, Harry. I'm grateful for you and everything you do and you've done, but I can't just take this. It's way too much." She said taking her clothes into the bathroom and then coming back out.