Chapter 37

The next few days were spent with the families. Things were left the way they were. Everyone at least pretended that things were ok. No one mentioned the drama that happened on Thanksgiving. Maybe it was good, maybe it wasn't. Julie did notice, however, that her mom did seem to appreciate Harry more and more as time went on. She had no doubts he could win her over. He was an amazing man, in more ways than one. She was grateful. 

Julie still was having a hard time. Harry could tell, but he didn't want to add any more stress to her while her parents were here. He knew they had to have a discussion when they left. He had to fly out the day after her parents did. There wasn't going to be much time to do it. He had to talk to her about talking to a professional. He knew she didn't want too. She spent the whole night on Thanksgiving out on the balcony off his room. He wondered how long things from her past were going to come back to bite her.

Amanda was grateful for the time she had with her family and Niall together. Everyone seemed to get along wonderfully. It was a great feeling. She enjoyed showing her family LA and spending time with Niall. She was worried about JJ though. She couldn't help it. Even though she didn't see her through those days she could tell through their brief texts and phone calls things weren't exactly right. She had also spoken with Harry and learned that he had already mentioned talking to a professional to JJ. Apparently, she didn't take it too well. Niall was right though. Time to do what's right for JJ and not worry about her reactions.

Niall was thrilled to get to know Amanda's family. He was in love and wanted to make sure that things were good all around. He was happy he got along so well with them. Even her brother, intimidating as he was. They had a great couple of days in LA. He knew Amanda was having a hard time with not seeing JJ and being able to help, and honestly, he was too. But there would be time later to do that. It was time to get JJ the help she needed and deserved. Even though he knew it would be a monumental task to get her to agree.

Julie's parents were leaving earlier in the day than Amanda's. She had told Harry she wanted to take them to the airport herself so that they could speak and say goodbye. He was disappointed, but he understood. Amanda and Niall then took her parents to the airport later in the day.

Later that night, Amanda answered her phone when Harry called her. Her and Niall were driving back from the airport. "Hey Harry, what's going on?"

"Hey, did you see Julie at the airport? She's not back yet and she isn't answering my calls." He asked worried.

Amanda sighed. "No, we didn't. But it is a big airport. Hold on, let me try and call her and conference her in." She tried, but the call went to voicemail. She went back on the line with Harry. "I will have Niall stop at our apartment so I can check there. Something has to give sometime. I could tell something wasn't right, even though I've only talked to her a few minutes the past few days."

"I will meet you guys there. I hope she's there. Maybe this whole thing was a bad idea." He said putting his boots on.

"No one knew Harry. But it's time. We all know it's time." Amanda said. She looked over at Niall. He overheard and had already made the detour to the girls' apartment instead of his house.

"I know. I had a bad feeling letting her go to the airport herself. But I didn't want it to seem like I was smothering her either." Harry said grabbing his keys.

"I know, Harry. Will see you in a little bit." Amanda said hanging up the phone. She looked over at Niall.

"You don't expect her to be there, do you?" Niall asked.

"Not really. But I'm hoping. I cannot even imagine what she's going through now. I just wish she would come to us instead of running." Amanda leaned back against the seat.