Eight

But now he's the only one entirely aroused, entirely irritated and entirely angry. Not even Henrietta could pose as a distraction though her temptations of release often did before. He didn't want to see anyone unless it was Audrey. All he can think about is the fact that he is sitting here, craving what he couldn't have while Audrey sits in some Italian joint with Luke Crowe, enjoying herself.

The way her eyes lit up when she saw him. He would do anything if those crystal blue eyes commanded him to. Alluring and possibly the most beautiful color he has ever seen, those eyes are like poison to him.  They haunt him in his sleep and are constantly in his mind for him to see every time he blinks.

And now, her darkened eyes of pain and anger are all he sees facing him.

Of course, with Luke, they were bright and light, lovely and right. But now, when they turn on him, they darken. His fist starts to shake in front of him when the thought that Luke is able to hold her right now and he can't even get a whiff of her crosses his mind.

He has to stop. This whole thing, this constant obsession with her is all his wolf's doing. Audrey isn't worth being his mate. She's weak. An omega. She's useless, like a lost puppy. She's just some silly girl that has a knack for turning him on. He doesn't need to be burdened by someone like that. He doesn't need to spend his time taking care of her when he has his pack to think of. War isn't completely out of the question. The entire system has been jacked up over years of it. There is no security that can promise his pack's safety.

Having a mate now would just complicate everything.

"Alpha?" Leon speaks from the other side of the door. Nathan takes a moment to compose himself, to look like he wasn't just fuming over the telephone with Sullivan for whereabouts on his mate. He grunts a reply when he feels ready.

Leon walks in slowly, peaking around the door cautiously before opening it all of the way and brings in Luke's beta, Benjamin. Nathan can't understand how Luke managed to get anything done with Benjamin as his beta. He's all about rumors, food, and video games. He's like a child. One moment, he's completely absorbed in something and the next, he's distracted by something different entirely.

"He doesn't have a problem with the grounds. Luke should have the same acceptance." Leon reports warily although from the looks of things, he's just as annoyed with Benjamin as Nathan is with Luke.

"Good," Nathan answers and faces Benjamin. The beta doesn't even bow his head in respect towards another alpha.

But Luke bowed his head to Audrey.

"Does your pack know about this?" He asks Benjamin.

"Yes," The beta answers with a smirk. "They are all ready to merge and accept you as their Alpha."

"What does Luke plan to do from now on that won't let him control his own pack or lands?" Leon falls into one of the seats, glancing up at the other beta.

Nathan didn't think much of the situation. He knew Luke's personality. Staying in one place for long didn't seem like something he could handle. To raise a pack and run it must've been a complete nightmare for Luke. It was going to be a nightmare for him to connect to at least 200 other wolves, map their land and rework his entire economic system to fit them into the pay grade equation.

But what finally drove Luke to give up his alpha seat? What motive did he have to leave his entire pack, his blood family, with Nathan?

"He plans on finding the monarchy again."

It takes Nathan and Leon a long moment to register Benjamin's words. They both understood what it meant but to believe it is an entirely different predicament.

Crowned Wolf (Original)(Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें