Chapter Five: Ready Up

Beginne am Anfang

Hesitantly, I took off the helmet to reveal my face. Blackish brown buzzcut hair and deep blue eyes was present among the hundreds of scars and bruises that cover my face from years of battle. I showed discomfort to gaze at the Speaker without my helm.

Speaker: So that's why you do not wish to reveal your face to others. You should be proud guardian. You've accomplished so much during your time as a Titan. You've been through so much.

He took a look at my left arm and noticed the mechanical arm.

Well then.... this is embarrassing.

I started rubbing my arm.

Speaker: The Traveler knows of your sacrifice to protect us all from the darkness. I wish to give you this.

He pulled out what look liked a Mote of Light, but it was bigger and brighter. It's use was unknown to me.

Austin: I don't need it Speaker.

He chuckled a little bit.

Speaker: A true Titan indeed. Always protecting the weak and never expecting a reward for it. I insist that you take it.

I guess.

I took the mote from him.

Austin: What purpose does it serve?

Speaker: That, young guardian is for you to discover for yourself.

Ever the cryptic one, aren't ya?

We both heard a young lady's voice yelling from the sky.

???: Wake up sleepy head! It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!

????

Speaker: I suggest you get going. May the Traveler's light shine brightest in your darkest times guardian.

I will.

I felt myself being pulled away and woke up in the ballroom, an orange haired gal recited the familiar tone as I thought to myself.

It was all just a dream.

Searching my bags, I discovered the mote of light from the dream, glowing ever so brightly within.

Austin: What the?

Zipping up my bags, I noticed everybody was already gone.

Austin: The way I act towards the young ladies? What he mean by that?

Ghost: What?

Eh, nothing. Let's get going.

I got up and gathered my sleeping bag and weapons. I kept my hood up, black gloves on, and proceeded to the oddly unisex locker bay, approaching Ruby and Yang.

Ruby: Finally no more awkward or small talk. I finally get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

Her weapon extended into a giant scythe.

Yang: You weren't having small talk with Austin and Jaune, were ya?

Ruby: Yang!

Yang: What?

Ruby pointed at me and Yang turned around to see me.

Yang: Oh...

Hi.

Yang: Hi, big guy!

(-_-)

Yang: What's with the hood? Don't want people seeing your face?