Chapter Thirty-Seven - Luke's POV

Important a/n at the bottom!

Vote 

Comment

Fan

******************************

A few months Later:

Today should’ve been different.

************

Shia yawned, opening her beautiful eyes and looking at me with the same wonder as every morning.  I stared at her until her eyes widened and she sprung out of bed.

“No good morning kiss?” I chided softly.

“Shut up,” she said.  “I’m already late; the girls are going to kill me!”

Pulling on her clothes, she ran around the room picking up her stuff.  I got up, stretched, and pulled her into my arms.

“Luke, let go, I have to leave,” she pleaded.

I sighed. “One minute, please,” I said against her neck as she shivered.

“One minute my ass!  You’ll never let me out of that bed!”

Damn, she caught me.  I turned her around, pecked her softly, and let her go.  “Have fun today and enjoy, okay?  This is your day.”

She smiled, love clear in her eyes, before dashing out of the room and into her car.

I grinned like a love-struck fool, and I could almost hear my friends yelling, “Whipped!” in my head.  Then I proceeded into the shower to get ready for the day and head over to the school to help with the preparations.

As I drove, I couldn’t believe my Shia was graduating today.  She hadn’t decided what she wanted to do for a career, so she was taking a year off just to stay with her pack and of course, me.  I was so excited; after speaking with her father last week, I had his permission, and was taking her out for a celebratory evening tonight after the ceremony at the high school.

At the ceremony, Shia walked across the stage proudly, looking hot in her black robe.  I only wished I could see what she was wearing underneath; when she had gone shopping, she hadn’t let me come along and had hid the clothes somewhere I had not been able to find – and I turned the house upside down trying to find it.

Later, at the party for her class, she had yet to take off her robe.

“Shia, you’re not going to take that off?  You must be hot or something, I don’t want you to pass out or overheat or…”

“Shhh,” she stopped me by placing her finger on my lips.  Her lips at my ear; “If I took it off, there’d be a lot of horny boys, and only one that could do something about it.”  She then stepped away, and beckoned a finger to follow her upstairs.  I followed eagerly, wondering what she had bought that would be so sexy.  Pushing me into a bedroom, she pushed me onto the bed and unzipped the robe, showing me a sexy as hell black lace corset that left nothing to the imagination.  I looked in her eyes and saw the lust and love clear there, and I knew mine reflected the same.

“I love you, Luke” she whispered.

“I love you, Shia,” I said softly, and then I proceeded to love her body fully.

******************

Shia yawned, opening her beautiful eyes and looking at me with the same wonder as every morning.  I stared at her until her eyes widened and her memory caught up with her.  The light in her eyes dimmed, and the stirring anger and frustration replaced it.