Chapter Ten

A few days later Ryan had finished up everything with the local school. We were officially students there and started Monday. For the last three days I've been constantly begging Ryan to reconsider this whole mess they call school. I really, really didn't want to go. Not to a damn human school anyways. My friends were all excited about it; thought it was some kind of adventure; what the heck is wrong with them.

"Will you relax sis, it is not going to be that bad. Plus, you'll have Colt, Alli, Gage and Gi."

"That is not the point, it's a human school." I sneered

"There are some shifters that go there too, even the principle is one. Why are you so against going to that school with humans, do you not like them or something?" he asked

"I like them just fine, I just don't want to go to school with them. I really hate you for making me do this." I replied

"No you don't plus it's safer okay, so just trust me." he said placing a hand on my shoulder

"Why? Why is it safe? You and Luke haven't told me a damn thing about whats going on like dad said you both would."

"You're not ready for that kind of information." he said

"How would you know what I am or am not ready for?" I asked placing my hands on my hips "I'm a big girl, I can handle anything!"

"If you can get through tonight without freaking out, then I'll tell you everything this weekend." he offered

"What's going down tonight?" I asked; as far as I knew we didn't have any plans

"You're going to meet the Alpha of the pack here in Miami; my old pack." Luke said walking into mine and the girls room.

Yesterday I had successfully managed to get them to change rooms to where Gage and Colt shared one and the girls and I in the other. Ryan insisted on sleep on the couch, I didn't blame him cause that thing was comfortable. 

I looked at Luke stunned, was he for real. "What?" I asked

"He want's to meet all of you especially the children of Alpha Morrigan." he said "It's also a formal dinner and a car will be here to pick us up at 8, so I expect you to be ready; I've already told the others."

"Oh great, I already know I can't say no--thanks for the heads up by the way--now I need to go shopping since I don't own any formal wear." I sighed; But I knew just the store I was going to go to.

Armani is where it's at! I thought to myself 

 I asked the girls to come along with me to pick up the dress I already knew I wanted. Apparently the guys decided to go along with Ryan to get suits and  ended up at Armani too. I found the dress I wanted quickly and bought it before the guys could see what I got. No one was going to see me in to until we got to the dinner. I picked up a coat to go over it as well so no one could sneak a peak. Only the girls would know what hid beneath that coat. 

I was starting to get excited as we drove back to the house. Tonight we would be meeting a well known Alpha--Alpha Lukas. He and my father had been close friends some years ago before they both became Alphas. But when they had to step up to take over for their fathers their friendship had diminished. I had only ever hear stories about him  but from the way my father had talked so highly about him I knew he would be pretty damn awesome.