Chapter Eleven - Luke's POV

Okay so I just had to post up this chapter because it's been flying around in my mind since I posted up chapter ten....I've been wanting to do a full chapter in Luke's pov for a while but couldn't figure out where I wanted it to go but obviously now I have lol...I really enjoyed writing this chap though toward the end it the same as the last chap just a bit different...anyways I hope you all enjoy it cause this is the final chapter before things really start to take off....

Oh and this is not proof read as usual lol...

vote, comment, fan

*************************

These last few days since we arrived in Miami have been hell for me. If I'm being completely honest with myself than I'd have to say that these last few months have been hell. Ever since the dinner I shared with Shia it's like my whole life was just thrown away and it was all my fault. I don't know what made me say the things I said that night. Till this day I haven't found an answer to that. She wasn't just some child to me and I hated myself for telling her that. Yes, in actuality she is still a child seeing as she's only 17, but that isn't the point. I've wanted her--to be with her--since the moment I laid eye's on her. I was ready to hang up my ways and be whatever she wanted me to me. Of course back then I didn't know her age and I thought I'd never see her again. But, that doesn't matter now, what matters is she's here; so close but so far away at the same time.

How could someone who is in the same room feel like their miles away. I had been feeling like this ever since that night. Every day when she would walk into my class it was like the ocean separated us. So many times I've wanted to just take her in my arms and kiss her till we both couldn't breath. I took that chance away from myself. 

I've tried to tell myself that I did the right thing. But how is it right when I let go of the one thing that was meant to be in my life. How could I push away my mate all because of her age. At the time I thought that I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing she was under age. And now I can hardly go a day without wanting her in my arms again where she fit perfectly. I lay awake every night replaying everything that went on before those stupid words left my mouth. They way her skin felt under my finger tips, how her lips felt so soft pressed against mine. 

After that night she would always be with that kid Ryker and let me tell you that made my blood boil. It took everything in me while we were in class to not go and rip him to pieces when he was talking or flirting with her. Every dinner or movie they went too I'd hear about through out the day as I walked through the halls or while they were in my class. It broke me a little more everyday having to hear about their outings. 

Her father--the Alpha--knew what happened between us. So did her brother, he even came over to my house that night demanding to know what I did to his little sister to have her come home crying and locking herself in her room. That's what hurt the most; how much I hurt her. So when I was asked to take her away for her safety I was shocked. I honestly didn't think that her father would think I should be the one to do that since I was the one who hurt her.

"You are the only one I trust with my daughter's life aside from my son." he said staring me straight in the eye "I understand why you did what you did, but this goes beyond the two of you being mates. I need her to be kept safe and I know that you will protect her with your life."