Chapter Thirty-Four

Not much of anything to say EXCEPT this story will be ending soon...I'm not sure how many more chapters are left, but I can tell you there will something major coming up before the end...Now on to the story!

Vote 

Comment

Fan

****************************

Day's blurred into weeks and I had been seeing less and less of Luke outside of school. He always had something to do and I had no freaking clue what the heck it was. I tried to keep myself busy, but there was only so much I could do. When you have a group of friends who are all mated and off doing their own things there really isn't anything to do. They seemed to always be busy as well. I swear they were never this busy before. What was really going on?

I tried not to let it get to me and started helping my dad out with pack business. Those quickly became the highlight of my day. Aside from the stolen kisses I got from Luke in school. Helping my dad out was starting to get old real quick. I would still help him for an hour or two some times a little longer depending on how much home work I had.

The weekend was coming up and I was really starting to get irritated with everything. Especially Luke, he was never around any more. Even in school he seemed to be lost in his own world; somewhere not even I could get too. Well the school bell rang at the end of the day today--which was Friday--I stalked out of the building. I needed to go for a run or a drive; maybe both. I didn't know what was going on with Luke, but I intended to find out. 

Luke hadn't been staying at the pack house for almost two weeks. It didn't bother me at first since he did have a house that needed to be tended too. But, he also stopped coming over to the pack house. I honestly felt like he was avoiding me. I don't know why I felt that way; I just did. I knew it had nothing to do with him fooling around on me. With the whole mate bond thing it was impossible. I have never once heard of a shifter who had cheated on their mate after finishing the mating. 

As I got to my car I spotted a folded not placed under my windshield wiper. I plucked it from it's spot and unfolded it.

Shia,
I know that I haven't been acting as myself lately and for that I'm sorry. I want you to know that you have done nothing wrong and I haven't been trying to avoid you. I know it's what you've been thinking these last few days. I have just been so busy with grading papers and projects from all my classes that I needed the space that the pack house wouldn't allow. There is always so much activity going on there as you know. Meet me tonight-6:30pm-at my place so we can have some time together since I have been lacking on that.
I Love You, Luke 

I folded up the paper and stuck it in my pocket with a smile on my face. I had a little over three hours till my designated time to meet up with Luke. No longer needing the rush of speed I set off toward to pack house. There were a whole bunch of shifters roaming around when I got back. Nothing unusual since school had just let out and it was Friday. I smiled and waved as I walked into the house. 

Since I had no work to do I tossed my bag into my room not caring where it landed; there wasn't much of anything in it anyways. I skipped down to my fathers office and found him looking over some papers. I swear he always has a new stack of papers to work on every day.