CHAPTER 6: That Guy

Start from the beginning

Why? I don't know.

"What happened?" He asks, looking in Taylor's and That guy's direction.

'You need to stop calling him, That guy'

"This stupid brat ran into me." He said, in a rather harsh tone.

The bell rung, thus signalling lunch was over.

"We need to leave." I sigh, as I start pulling her in the opposite direction, not sparing Logan another glance.

"I'm going to shoot him if I ever see him again."

"You need to stop" I said, in effort to calm her. I think it was because she was the cheerful one, who isn't fond of arguing, or getting into fights. She's the forgiving one. "It was an accident."

"I'm not bad about him crashing into me, Tia. I mean, I was somewhat to blame...." She whispers, "But, it was because he said that people like us were a brats, which we're not."

I chuckle, "He's jealous of our status and-"

"Tia?" She said, interrupting me when I stop walking. Then, she looks in the direction I was looking, and caught sight of Ian. He's been avoiding me ever since I broke his heart, and that was about three weeks ago. "He's upset about what happened. I mean, no one likes being heart broken." She said, sadness in her voice. "It is like someone ripping you to shreds or someone shooting you and then leaving you to bleed." She continued explaining, "Don't you feel bad for hurting Ian?"

'Yes', My subconscious said.

"No I'm a player. I don't regret." I said, with a shrug.

I watch her shake her head in disappointment, "At least talk to him" She encourages, before walking into the classroom.

With a long, deep breath, I start walking in his direction. I suppose it was a good plan, considering I skip on hearing Mr Jones voice.

"May I?" I ask, referring to the clear space next to him.

Ian took a moment to look at me, a stoic expression on his face, before looking in a different direction. Without talking, I sat next to him. "Ian, please listen to me," I start, "According to our friends, what I did was harsh and for it, I apologize because I did not mean to hurt you. Instead, I did what I did to gain my title as, Miss Player."

"You're willing to hurt people for a mere title?" He growls. "You're an insensitive person and I can't wait to see the moment the great Tia Frederick, has her heart broken into little pieces. To be quite honest, I hope it's that kid, Logan." With that said, he stood up before walking.

"Well, that didn't work." I mumble, as I look at the ground.

Why am I a player?

'To not have a broken heart

To not look weak

To not be trampled

Because of him....' I chanted, sourly.

"Hello Miss Frederick." A voice said.

I look at him in a suspicious manner, "You're meant to be in class, right?" I ask.

Shrugging his shoulders, he spoke, "I am a smart person, Tia. I can skip if I want to but I have fifth period free." He said, chuckling. "What about you?"

I shrug, "Yes and no." I said, as I watch him sit next to me.

"I heard a bit of an argument before, what happened?"

Without hesitation, I start talking about the fight between Ian and I. "Let's see, today's the 3rd of March, right?" I ask, and that guy nods in his head. "I guess, about 4 weeks ago, Ian and I slept together. The next morning, when I said it was a only one night stand to me, he was furious and sad." I said, sighing, "I mean, I tried to explain that, I don't like being in relationships, it's toxic to be in one."

"You talk from experience." He said.

I nod, with a bittersweet smile. There was a short silence, as we stood up. "I need to ask, how's the project?"

A loud groan emits from his lips, "Terrible. It took about a month, and now the teacher is going to murder me next period."

I giggle, "You'll get an extension, I'm certain."

When we arrive in front of the Psychology classroom, we stop. "Here we are." He said.

"Good bye." I bid, before walking into class.

'Damn, I forgot to ask for his name' I thought.

"Miss Frederick, right on time!" Mr Jones said, sarcasm lacing his tone.

Feigning a smile, I take a seat next to a red-hair girl.

****

When the bell rang, the students in the class began to pack his or her belongings - not wanting to be late for their class. "Don't forget the report is due tomorrow, and it worth 20 percent." Mr Jones shouts, as students ran out of the class - in a rush. "Wait a minute Miss Tia, I would like to have a word." He said, before Taylor and I could leave the class. "Please Miss Taylor she doesn't need bodyguard."

I smile, before I gesture her towards the door. "We'll meet in Art class." I said, reassuring her. With a nod of her head, she leaves the room.

"Miss Frederick." He started, "I've started to realize that one, your grades are poor and two, your participation in class is lacking which honestly is a terrible sign especially because we've only just started the second month of college and you're already failing. At our college, no matter how frustrating it might be, we encourage our students to succeed because we believe in them and we don't like giving up on them."

"Your point is?" I ask, arching a brow, as I wait for him to continue.

"The point it is, Tia...." He said, "You're going to get a tutor."

"What?" I shriek, "You're joking, right Mr Jones? I'll improve without help because I don't want to be around a loser."

There was a smug look his face. "I am not joking. We've had a talk to Alex about the situation, and he agreed."

Alex, that idiot! When I see him next, I am going to cut him into little pieces. The school's is going to choose their top student here at WMC, to tutor me. Which, without a doubt, would be Logan.

'I refuse, no way!' I thought.

"He was in a different class, but he'll be here soon."

Mr Jones and I look in direction of the door, when we hear a knock.

"Enter in."

I turn around a different direction, 'Please don't be Logan. He's a rude, arrogant jerk, I don't want him as a tutor.' I thought. 'Wait a minute, I think it's a sign...I mean, think about it, it'll make the bet a lot easier. Him and I, alone in the room. Jesus, I didn't think of the possibilities. In the end, he'll be in love with him. Thus, me winning the bet, and him having a broken heart. Perfect."

"Tia, please meet the new tutor, L-"

I interrupt the teacher, and without thinking - I said, "Hi Logan." I smirk. However, the moment I caught sight of the person, it faltered.

It was That Guy.

"As a matter of fact, it's Lucas." He snickers, grinning.

Screw my life.

**

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN & SHARE.

Love, E. V. M.