Chapter 34: Call

*Luke POV:*

I can hardly push down on the gas pedal hard enough as I furiously steer through the streets to get home. I wish our house wasn't so far away. My blood is boiling hotter by the minute and the only thing that's keeping me calm at the moment is knowing I'll be able to bust my knuckles against Beau's skull any minute now. That and the lingering thought of Cara's eyes lighting up when I made my "promise."

Too bad I'm about to go home and smash Beau's head into the wall. I'll punch him right in the mouth. The same mouth that he used to betray me. I'm going to break that promise and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

....I'm going to break that promise.

I'm going to break my promise.

My promise; to Cara.

Cara's sad frown when she finds out about Beau's consequential beating flashes through my mind and I unconsciously relieve my lead foot from the gas. The car immediately falls back from the lack of fuel and my brain goes crazy, practically blank just thinking about what I'm doing right now.

I'm breaking my promise. This would crush Cara. Literally crush her. She would be devastated and it would be all my fault...

"Dammit!" I grunt and hit the wheel before slowing down and turning onto my street.

"Dammit dammit dammit," I repeat to myself as I finally pull into my driveway. I turn off the car and hit the wheel, harder this time.

"Fuck! Cara!" I mumble and press my finger tips against my temples to relieve my premature headache. This would be so much easier if I didn't care about Cara so damn much. She just had to make me promise.

I sit in the car for practically 15 minutes, trying to decide weather I should do the right thing and keep my promise; or break my brother's face, along with my girl's heart.

After another lengthy battle with myself, I take a deep breathe and step out of the car, walking toward the front door, only hoping that I'm about to follow through with the right decision.

*Cara POV:*

"Okay okay okay," Marty screeched, hitting her hands frantically against her knees, "truth or dare?"

We'd been playing our childish game ever since I got home. Marty and Erin thought it would be a good distraction from every thing that's happened today. So far, there's been multiple prank calls, some eating of the nasty foods lurking in Marty's cupboards, and some very detailed sex fantasies from Marty which I am now trying to erase from my mind.

"Girl, look who you're talking to. Do you even have to ask?" Erin smirks and lays back against the headboard of Marty's bed, kicking her feet up in the process, and receiving a giggle from Marty and I.

"Okay!" Marty chuckles "I dare you to,"she takes a long pause, scratching her chin as if in deep thought, jumping when she comes up with her evil idea.

"I dare you to let me film you dancing and send it to all of the boys. Even Daniel." Marty says with a raised brow and a clear look of satisfactory plastered on her face. Erin sits straight up from the bed at the dare and squeals.

"What? No!"

"Oh, come on, Erin! I thought you were the dare master," I laugh and watch her facial expression change from terror to confident. She jumps off of the bed and cocks her head to look at me.

"Damn right I am!" she shouts and points to Marty, who is in fits of laughter. "Pick your poison!" she chuckles, and Marty scurries across the room to her speakers. Marty and I crack up as Erin shakes and moves along to "Fergalicious." Every second gets funnier as she attempts to shake her hips in the "sexiest" way possible. Marty films the whole entire thing on her phone, but can barely hold the camera straight because of all the laughing.

When the song is finished, Erin falls down to the floor dramatically and Marty and I fall back on the bed, trying to control our breathing.

"That. Was. Perfect." I shriek, tears streaming uncontrollably down my face. my stomach hurts from laughing so much and I hold my sides to ease the joyful pain.

"Okay, okay" Marty breathes out, holding up one hand to try and stop the commotion. She picks her phone back up and begins to type. "Okay. It's sending," she giggles and tosses her phone to the end of the mattress. Erin stumbles up from the floor to join us on the bed.

"I can't believe I just let you do that," she sighs and lays down, covering her face with a pillow. A muffled groan escapes her mouth and Marty and I laugh at our best friend. We all sit in a comfortable silence for a moment before Marty finally speaks up.

"I think that's enough truth or dare for the night," she laughs and Erin and I nod slightly.

"Agreed," I say quietly and roll up onto my elbow so I'm facing my friends on my side.

"How you feelin, boo?" Marty half whispers and gives me her best playful pouty face.

"Good." I say honestly and give her a sincere smile. I love that she always looks out for me. She's always been that way, ever since I moved here, and I'm so very grateful for that.

"Good," she repeats and smiles back. How did I ever get so lucky to have friends like this?

"Cara, your mobile's ringing underneath me," Erin chuckles, and pulls my vibrating phone from beneath her back.

I reach across and grab the phone from her hands and a picture of Jai and I that I took on the train displays with the name "Jai Jai" at the top of the screen.

"It's Jai," I chuckle.

"He probably just watched the video," Erin laughs and Marty joins her. I hold my finger up to silence my friends and hold the phone up to my ear, ready to joke about Erin's dancing.

"Hellloooo?" I giggle in a sing-song tone.

"Cara?" Jai questions, worry clear in his tone. I sit up from the bed and hold up my finger once more, this time trying to seriously quiet my giggling friends. They immediately go quiet and I hear a loud crash in the background of the phone call. My mood immediately changes from happy to worried and I stand up to hear Jai better through the phone.

"Cara. We need your help." Jai yells over the loud crashes and screams in the background.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright! Just a quick filler chapter until I can get into the real stuff!

What's gonna happen? I don't knoooow ;) lets hope Luke made the right choice!

I would really like it if you guys voted for my story! I have a lot of ghost readers (meaning only 10% of my readers vote) and I would like to see who is a fan of my story :) so please, hit that vote button!!

Comment and tell me, if you're a Janoskianator, who's your favorite? (I'm a Luke and Daniel girl, myself ;))

I'll update as soon as I can! I hope you all had a fabulous holiday and a happy new year! I know I did! :)

Stay beautiful,

Keep reading.

xxx- Chloe <3