Chapter 19: Anger Ferments

*Cara POV*

I woke up the next morning with a big smile spread across my face. I blinked my eyes open and took in my surroundings. Luke's strong arms were hung loosely over my waist and my back was pressed up against his warm, bare chest.

I gently stretched to reach for my mobile, trying not to wake the sleeping boy behind me. I picked up the device and pressed the center button, revealing the time: 11:32. I sighed. No messages from my mom. Not even a phone call. Where was she? Was I not important to her anymore? She hadn't even attempted to talk to me since yesterday morning....Also, Half the day had already slipped out of my reach. The whole entire morning. I shrugged my shoulders. Im sure my mum would call later, and at least the half of the day was spent snuggling Luke. And the other half would be spent with him, as well. I examined the beaded bracelet around my wrist. How sweet was this boy that was laying next to me? How could I deserve him?

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by Luke stirring next to me, "Good morning, my beauty." He spoke in a sexy morning voice. It sent shivers down my spine and goose bumps up my whole body. I let out a small stretch and a groan, trying to calm myself down as I turned to face the sleepy boy.

"Good morning," I whispered with a smile then kissed the side of his mouth playfully.

Luke returned my gesture with a warm grin and pulled me in closer into his chest by my waist, "Did you have a nice sleep?"

I nodded simply and leaned in to give him a peck on the lips. Even the smallest kiss from Luke made fireworks go off inside my whole body like crazy. There was a shock sent through my spine that was unexplainable and and my heart beat went a thousand miles a minute. Everytime he kissed me, it was perfect.

When I pulled away, I opened my eyes to see Luke with his eyes still closed and his lips pursed. I giggled and pressed my index fingers against his plump pink lips. I rested my forehead against his, "Can we go get breakfast? I'm hungry," I whined. He chuckled and opened his lids, revealing those deep brown eyes that I loved.

"I guess... All though I'd rather stay here." He tightened his grip around my waist and attempted to pull me in for another kiss. Before he could get the kiss in, I sat up on the bed, causing him to fall on his face. I laughed at his attempt and wiggled my finger at him.

"Nuh-uh, Mr., I want breakfast!" I let out through fits of laughter. I swung my feet over the edge of the bed and hopped onto the carpet, "Come on!" I walked over to my closet and pulled out some black plush shorts and a plain white v-neck, slipping them in quickly before throwing my hair up in a high ponytail. Then I slowly paced my way backward toward the door, facing the now pouting Luke. I pivoted on my heels and skipped out the door, leaving Luke by himself in the bedroom. I cheerfully hopped down the whole flight of stairs and made my way into the kitchen to find all of my friends from last night sitting around, eating breakfast.

I say my good mornings and make my way over to the fridge, pulling out the carton of orange juice. When I turn around, Marty is standing within inches from my face, wiggling her eyebrows. She has a cheeky grin spread across her face.

"So," she whispered with a giggle, "What were you and Mr. Luke brooks doing in that bedroom last night, missy? Hmmm?"

I chuckled as I pushed past my bubbly friend. "Nothing," I grabbed a cup from the cupboard and poured myself a glass of orange juice (a morning must have). I spoke again as I touched my lips against the edge of the glass, "He just have me a present." I held my wrist up as I took a sip of my drink, showing off the bracelet Luke made me. Marty let out a little gasp and a funny squeak, "Oh my gosh! That is so sweet!" She pulled at the bracelet examining each bead just as I did the night before.