Chapter 2: Preparation

Finally! It was the last period of the day! Ten minutes left! Ready to go!

I waited and waited and finally the clock struck 3:00 and the bell rang.

I've never seen anyone get up so fast in my life. It was like nobody had eaten in years and the bell was a signal that it was dinner time. Jesus, it was crazy. My mobile vibrated in my pocket. I sighed and pulled it up to my face to read:

"Hey girl hey! Meet you at your house in a little bit! Have to go pick some things up from my house. Party, Here we come! :D xxx

-Marty"

I smirked after reading her text. I waited for traffic to clear in the parking lot and drove home, screaming the lyrics to, "Beauty and a Beat" along with Justin Bieber on the radio. I didn't care what song it was. I was happy and ready to have a great summer and a fun time at Sam's tonight.

By the time I got to my house, Marty was already there, sitting on the front porch waiting for me. Her house was in walking distance from mine, so I could see how she got there so fast.

"Come on," she said "we have a whole lot of preparation to do for this bonfire!" She started to dance around and hum some weird tune of her own as we walked inside and up to my bedroom.

We both took quick showers then Marty opened up my walk in closet and pulled out a whole stack of clothes. After a long time of decision making, we had each picked out an outfit (meaning Marty picked out both outfits).

I was given a bright green, thick strapped tank and a pair of acid-washed frayed shorts that Marty said would compliment my lengthy legs and my red wavy hair to wear. Along with it, some regular green flip flops and a few cute bangle bracelets. I have to say, I thought I looked pretty cute.

I ended up just putting my hair back in a pony tail. It was pretty wavy because I let it naturally dry. I wanted to wear my grey snapback, but Marty refused to let me put it on, so I just stuffed it in my bag for later.

Marty had on one of my orange summer dresses. She had the same body type as me, only she was a little taller and had super tan skin and long brown hair. She had on some orange pumps, too. Which was stupid of her considering she'd probably take them off within minutes of being there.

Marty did my and her makeup. Just a little eyeliner and some lip gloss. Not too much.

The party started at 7:00, so we left at 6:45 because it took about a half an hour to get to Sam's house and we didn't want to be right on time. So I gave my mum a quick kiss on the cheek and we headed out the door.

"Be safe! Make good choices!" she yelled at us from out the door. I laughed at this because I didn't think anything bad was going to happen.

"We will mum! Don't worry!" Marty yelled back. She giggled and climbed in the car.

"I love you!" I yelled back " We should be back by 12! But I'll text you if plans change!" I shut the car door, waved, started up the car, and we took off.

I was ready for this.