Chapter 17: Birthday Party

*Cara POV:*

It's been two weeks since my first date with Luke. We see each other almost everyday. At his house or sometimes at mine. And if we weren't together, he was texting me. He's just the cutest.

The only person who actually knows the two of us are together is my mum. Not even Marty or the boys know. Of course, I wanted to tell Marty so badly but Luke and I decided we would wait. We didn't want our friends to freak, and we were still trying to find out how we would tell the fans. We didn't act all "couple" when we were around the boys. we didn't want them to find out and start telling people. Eventually we were going to tell them. We were gonna do it tonight. At my birthday party.

That's right- I'm turning 17 today! Whoo!

I was getting ready at the Brooks' house since my mom had to work for the night.

Honestly, I haven't seen my mum for weeks. She works almost every night, and sometimes in the mornings. I usually just sat at home by myself if I wasn't with Luke. It really made me upset that she was missing my birthday...

I was in "my bedroom" at the Brooks' getting ready. I slipped on my bright purple party dress. It was tight to the waist and flowed out at the hips. It was my favorite dress. I was trying to zip it up, but I couldn't reach. I stood for minutes, jumping and twisting in attempt to pull up the zipper. I wiggled and hopped for what seemed like forever, until I was stopped in my tracks by a low chuckle. I blushed a bright red as pivoted on my heels toward the bedroom door. I felt my cheeks burn even more when I saw Luke, leaning against the door frame.

"You need some help there, babe?" He asked, a slight laugh shaking his voice.

I was so embarrassed. I could barely speak, "I-I.... How long have you been standing there?"

He let out another low chuckle and raised his brows with a cheeky grin plastered across his face, "long enough to know that you're black underwear looks very cute. And you're an amazing dancer." I felt my whole body tense as he gave me a wink. My face heated quickly and I couldn't speak. I mean- you would be embarrassed if your boyfriend saw you hopping around half naked, wouldn't you?

I sighed and pivoted, lifting up my now straight strawberry hair, allowing him to zip up the back of my dress. I felt his strong fingers grasp the metal piece. As he slowly pulled the zipper up, he leaned in and his soft whisper tickled my neck.

"You know, it's a very beautiful dress. Almost as beautiful as the girl in it."

My cheeks turned an even darker shade of red. This time from shyness. My slumped face turned into a huge grin. Whenever Luke said these things to me, it always sent chills up my whole spine.

As soon as Luke finished zipping up the back of my dress, I quickly spun around and wrapped my arms around his neck. He smiled down at me and snaked his arms onto my waist. I gave a weak grin and nuzzled my head into his neck and he stroked his fingers gently through my hair.

"Are you ready to go down to the party, love?" He spoke softly.

I shook my head into the crook of his neck. It really wasn't a party without my mum. For the longest time, since my father passed away, we had only had each other. And now, I hadn't even seen her on my birthday. My thoughts were interrupted by Luke's finger lifting my chin. He looked into my eyes with furrowed eyebrows.

"What's wrong, baby?" He questioned. I let out a sigh.

"I just wish I got to see my mum today" I admitted, shaking my head once more.

His eyes softened and he gave me a gentle kiss on the lips. "It will be ok. You have us tonight." He smiled and so did I. He made me feel so much better. "Please come down to the party? All your friends are here!"