Chapter 33: Promise

*Cara POV:*

"So it's decided then," Luke chirps, swinging our arms up and down in unison.

I'm so glad he forgave me. If he didn't I'm not sure what I would have done.

"What? What's decided?" I ask and turn my head to look at him, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"You're taking your stuff from Marty's and coming straight back to my house for the night." He states as though it's obvious.

"No." I shake my head, trying to fight the grin that's pushed by Luke's ideas, "No I can't do that. You know I love staying with you, but I can't. Not tonight."

"But baby," he childishly pouts, sticking out his lower lip and I put my finger over his mouth to prevent him from persuading me anymore.

The way he calls me baby makes my stomach flutter and it makes me want to give in and just go home with him. But everyone is waiting and I still need to finish my girl's night with Marty and Erin. It's something I've needed with them for a while now. Even if Luke is cute and persuasive

"No means no, mister!" I tease, tracing his lips with my index finger.

"Fine!" he chuckles. I yelp when he stops us mid step and throws his other arm around my waist, pulling me tightly into his chest. His lips press right up against my ear and his hot breath fans over my face, sending instant sparks up my spine.

I don't know what it is with this boy with spontaneous actions, but I find it quite amusing.

His growl in my ear is deep and makes me shiver, "But you owe me tomorrow babe. I'm talkin' serious romantic make-out and cuddling session in my room."

Without warning I feel his teeth graze the lobe of my ear and his hands slip under my shirt to rub circles on the small of my bare back, "No exceptions."

Oh.

There's that heat in my stomach again.

I try my best to ignore the fire thats blazing inside me and give him a cheeky grin before wiggling out of his grip and running down the street.

"Never!" I giggle, sprinting as fast as I can down the street.

"You little shit!' I hear Luke yell behind me and I turn around momentarily, only to see him run right behind me.

"No!" I shriek and start to run faster. I'm pretty sure this is the fastest I've ever ran in my whole life.

*Luke POV:*

Her laughter.

That's the only thing I can focus on as I chase after her down the street.

Not me.

Not fucking Beau.

Just her laughter.

It's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard and I never want it to stop. It's such a bubbly sound, really. The way she takes in quick breathes and lets out the cutest little giggles. So sweet

and pure. It's perfect. Just like her.

When I finally get close enough to catch her, I reach out my hand and grab her arm mid swing. I spin her around into my chest so her back is pressed against me.

"Tryin' to be sneaky and run, eh?" I pant into her ear, trying to catch my breath from the running she had just made me do. Cara spins around and let's out another one of those perfect giggles.

"From you?" she hums softly and leans in so our noses are squished together. I chuckle at the way our faces are pushed together and raise one brow, signaling her to finish the thought. She simply shakes her head and gives me the cheekiest smirk I've ever seen.

"Nooo." with that she turns head and presses our lips together for a short moment, causing my emotions to go crazy for the millionth time today.

What this girl does to me is insane. The way she can hold all of my feelings in the palm of her hand and not even know it. It shouldn't be legal.

"We can save the rest for tomorrow," I tease with a wink and she laughs almost silently before nodding and turning to walk down the street once again.

Right before we reach Marty's house, Cara stops and turns to look at me. I'm confused by her actions but comforted when she places her soft hands on both of my cheeks.

Her bright blue eyes scan my face for a minute before finally speaking, her whisper barely audible.

"Luke, please don't blame Beau for any of this. I know that it seems bad, everything that's happened. But I really just-"

"Cara," I cut her off with a sigh, "I already told you. It's okay. I believe what you told me and everything is okay."

"Okay," she says before looking at the ground "but promise me that you'll forgive him and you guys can try to go back to normal because-"

"I promise," I cut her off again, not wanting her to say anything else. I don't need her to stress out about this. She already has enough going on. I don't need her worrying about me, too.

"Really?" she questions, looking back up to my eyes.

"Really," I smile and watch as her eyes grow with joy.

"Thank you so much," she smiles and I turn my head to kiss her palm.

Cara's hands move from my cheeks to my neck and she pulls me in for a tight hug. I instantly react and wrap my arms around her waist. I can practically feel her shake and it hurts me inside, knowing that she's upset.

For a few minutes, we just stand there, in each others arms. If me promising her to make amends with Beau made her happy, then that's what I would tell her.

Eventually, Cara and I make our last few steps up to Marty's house and the girls are sitting outside waiting. They both smile when they see us walking together and Cara raises her free hand to wave.

"I'll see you tomorrow, love." I re-assure her and give her one last peck on the lips before letting go of her hand, saying my goodbyes and watching the three of them walk inside.

When I'm positive they are all in the house, I sigh, pull out my phone and call James. I'm relieved when he picks up after two rings.

"Hey man, did everything go o-"

"Where's Beau?" I say impatiently between clenched teeth.

"He's at home I thin-"

"Okay bye." I growl and hang up, immediately walking to my car.

I'm going home, and Beau is getting what he deserves.

I know I promised Cara.

But what she doesn't know won't hurt her, right?

---------------------------------------------

If you Comment and vote like crazy i will try my best to update in the next few days!

Stay beautiful. Keep reading <3

- chloe xxx