Chapter 10: First Kiss... Friendzoned

*Cara POV:*

He spun the bottle with force and it spun for about 30 seconds until it came to a stop in front of me. I looked up nervously and couldn't believe what happened next.

I saw Luke looking at me with his big brown eyes and then he looked back down at the bottle, smiling. I smiled at the sight of him. He smiled back.

Butterflies.

We only sat in silence for about 5 seconds before I spoke, "Luke what are you-"

My sentence was interrupted when Luke suddenly leaned in and lightly touched our lips together. My eyes widened and then I closed them. Once I closed my eyes I instantly felt fireworks. My stomach filled up with butterflies whilst my heart skipped a beat. I was so taken back by the kiss, I practically fell over. Luckily I caught myself with my hands. Our lips moved in sync for a few moments.

It was a sweet kiss. Not the kind of oober horny kiss you see in the movies. It was calm and light.

It was perfect in every single way.

Luke pulled away slowly after a couple of seconds. I felt his lips curve into a smile as he gently backed away. My stomach did somersaults as I sat there in awe on the ground.

All I could think was: Did that just happen? Was Luke Brooks really my first kiss? Did Luke Brooks really just kiss me?! I re-focused my attention on Luke. I just sat and stared.

He was biting his lip toward the ground and rubbing the back of his neck. How cute!

He sheepishly whispered, "Sorry, if I- uh- if that took you by surprise. I just- I- we were- our dare- and you're- yeh."

He smirked and then started over, "I mean- I just- i don't know. I hope you don't think I'm a creep now. Uh-"

He let out a half smile and kept shifting his eyes from the ground, and then back to me. I didn't know what to say. I still couldn't process the past minute or so through my head. It took me a while to realise what was going on.

*Luke's POV:*

After an odd minute of silence on the bed, I decided that I knew what I had and wanted to do. I pulled out an empty beer bottle that Beau had left on the ground in my room a few days ago.

He was such a pig sometimes. Oh well, his messiness helped me out this time around, I guess.

Anyway, I put the bottle on the ground and pulled Cara down with me to sit on either side of the bottle.

She let out an adorable giggled, "What are you doing!?"

"Something that should have happened a couple days ago." I looked up at her and bit my lip. I knew I wanted to be Cara's first real kiss. I wanted her to know how much I cared for her. I didn't get the chance at my cousin's party, so why not do it now whilst we were alone?

And with that thought, I spun the bottle.

I hoped I was making the right decision. Once I had watched the bottle come to a stop, I looked up at Cara. Should I really do this?

Her sweet voice spoke, "Luke, what are you-"

I couldn't take it anymore. This was my one chance.

I closed my eyes, quickly removed the space between us and lightly touched my lips onto hers. They were so soft and gentle. I could just kiss her forever. I felt like I was walking on air.

My whole body went numb and I got butterflies in my stomach. I could honestly sit there in that moment for hours, just kissing her. She was amazing. Our lips moved together for a few moments. I didn't want to ruin the perfect moment with too much heat, so I slowly pulled away.