Chapter 1: The Plan

*Cara POV:*

When I walked out the door, the hot Docklands air hit my face. It felt so good, considering my house is like an igloo because my mum liked the cold. Five years of living in Australia after moving from Michigan, and you would think she would get used to the heat. Guess not.

The sun was glaring in my face, so I took my cheeta-print sunglasses out of my bag and plopped them on my face. When I turned on my car, I instantly put the radio on full blast. Some Taylor Swift song came on, I don't know which one. Either way, I was jammin' out! Music is like my second life. I probably couldn't live without it.

I pulled up in the student car park about ten minutes later and sighed with relief as I stopped my car. I was ready for this summer. I could feel something was going to be great about it.

I walked into my first period and everyone was going nutso crazy. We were all excited. I walked up to the seat next to my best Mate, Martha, or as I call her, Marty. She'd been my best Mate ever since I moved here during year 6...

"Hey girly! What's goin' on?" I jokingly fell into my seat.

She giggled, " Hey there, stranger! Just finishing my last minute homework.... I didn't do it last night."

Oh, Marty. She can be such a teacher's pet sometimes. But who am I to talk? If I was Catholic, I would belong in a nunnery.

Not a sip of alcohol or a puff of one cigarette my whole life. No sex, no drugs, no anything. But I have had my Juvi moments. I've snuck out of the house and been to wild parties before. I've skipped class and all that, but still.... No real first kiss, no first boyfriend. And for God sakes, I'm in year 11! What am I going to do if I never get a date for senior prom next year?! What was wrong with me? I chuckled at my thoughts, rubbed my forehead, then turned to Marty once more.

"So! Are you ready for tonight?" Marty beamed. She had her eyebrows raised and a devlish grin on her tan face.

I was confused. "What do you mean 'tonight'?"

She let out a small sigh and rolled her bright green eyes, "Shit, Cara! Pleeeaaase don't tell me you forgot about Sam's bonfire tonight!?" She started to twist her long brown hair, "Everyone's gonna be there! And Katie says there's gonna be LOADS of hot guys there! And Sam's cousin Is driving there from Melbourne!" She winked at me.

Damnit! The bonfire! I forgot all about it! And oooh, yes. Sam's cousin. I think his name was Jake...? No. Luke. It was Luke. I didn't know much about him. All I knew was that he's famous for some you-tube videos or something. And from what Marty's told me, he's really hot. How could I have forgotten all about the bonfire!? I had to cover it up.

"No..... I-I didn't forget! I was just joking with you. I'm so ready for tonight! Uuuh... you wanna come over before, still? You could help me pick out a sexy outfit!" I jokingly winked back at her seductively.

I don't usually think of myself as "sexy" or "hot," but I knew Marty would like to hear that because she's into that kind of stuff.

"Oh yeah! I'm gonna make you look AMAZING," her face lit up with excitement and she did a little dance in her seat, "You don't even know how hot you're gonna look!"

"Can we just focus on getting through the day first," I tilted my head back and whined a little bit, "I just want to be done with this hell hole!"