Chapter 3: The Party of my Life... Maybe

*Cara POV:*

When we pulled up to Sam's mansion of a house, you could smell the smoke coming from the fire and you could hear the booming bass of whatever song was playing.

It smelled so good, like camping. I hadn't been camping since I lived in Michigan.

Marty and I got out of the car and started walking toward the back, where the party was. When we turned the corner, I bumped into someone

who spilled their drink all over me. Nasty. Beer. Well this was great. A horrible start to my night. Hopefully the whole party wouldn't be as god-awful as this.

After the clumsy jerk apologized numerous times, Marty and I walked straight over to the fire to hopefully dry my tank off before everyone noticed. We sat next to Sam. Her cute little blond bobbed hair was super straight and she had on a huge pair of earrings. Typical Sam.

"Hey guys! What's uuuup!" she cheerfully slurred out, trying to grab my face.

Jesus. Only 15 minutes into the party and she's already drunk. Strike two of the evening. Not the best bash so far, and I had just got there.

I sat down on the ground next to her and sarcastically said, "Hey Sam! Thanks for inviting us! I'm sure this bonfire of yours is gonna be great!" Then I rolled my eyes. I knew she wouldn't catch on to my sarcasm because she was buzzed.

I looked over at Marty, who was anxiously looking around for this Luke guy. I guess he's a big deal. "Yeh. Hey Sam," she mumbled, "uuuh- urm... is your uh cousin here yet by chance?" she put her hand above her eyes and looked around the area.

Sam giggled a little ditz giggle and whispered,

"Yeah. He's Over in the kitchen," she started pointing rapidly towards the back door, screaming, "LOOOK!!! There he is!"

And that's when it happened. I looked over to where Sam was pointing to see a tall (well... taller than me), boyish figure .walk out of the kitchen's back door.

He caught my eye fast and for some reason I couldn't stop looking at him. Now I know what Marty was talking about all this time.

He was gorgeous! He was like an angel! When I realized he was looking at me back, I turned away.

It was embarrassing because he wouldn't stop looking at me. He definitely noticed the beer stain on my tank top and was thinking what an idiot I was for spilling.

But bloody hell, he was attractive. Maybe my night wouldn't be so bad after all.

He started to walk toward us. What should I say?! What should I do!? Should I be calm and not say anything? Should I tell him he's great?

NO! No. Just calm down. I barely even knew who this guy was.

All I knew was that as he walked closer, I saw he had unbelievably beautiful brown eyes, and perfect dark brown hair that was perfectly messy but clean at the same time, and these amazingly looking soft lips, and a lip ring, and a cute little mark on his nose, and his face was glowing with... Where was I?

Oh yeah.... I decided to not say anything unless he talked to me first.

He walked up and gestured to the beer in his hands,

" Oi, ladies," he did one of those cute half smiles and revealed his pearly white teeth, "Care for a drink?"

Shit. He said something. Now what? Marty opened her mouth wide,

"Well, she doesn't drink," she shakily waved her hand towards me, suggesting to pay no attention to me.

He looked over in my direction and smiled.

God, that killed me. His smile was just so amazing and his deep brown eyes caught my glance. It felt like heaven.

For a minute, I thought I was drooling.

I could tell Marty was about to flirt, she always smiled stupidly when she did, "But I, on the other hand, would lo-"

"Yeh a beer sounds good!" I raised my eyebrows and gave a cute grin. What. Did. I. Just. DO!!!?? I couldn't believe those words just came out of my mouth.

He flashed me a quick, sincere smile and handed me the bottle. When he let go, we brushed hands and I thought I was going to DIE! His hands were so soft, and I couldn't control myself!

"All right then," we locked eyes and once again, a glowing smile, "Here you go then."

I giggled, but I don't know why. Maybe I was just nervous. Marty gave me the weirdest look I've ever seen. But I think she caught on fast and could tell that I thought he was cute, because she lifted her eyebrows at me with a cheeky grin and got up to go flirt with someone else.

I focused my attention back on Luke to find him staring at me, waiting for me to try the beer, so I bravely took a swig out of the bottle. It tasted disgusting. But for some reason, I kept drinking more. Like I said, it's probably just because I was nervous. I don't know. I killed the whole thing within minutes.

He handed me another bottle and began to sit down next to me, "Wow! You're quick!" He gave me a little wink. That made me smile. How could you NOT smile at that!?

"Thanks... I guess" I nervously chuckled out. After I said that I instantly smacked my hand to my forehead and shook my head in my mind. I just drank some more.

Thanks? Come on, Cara! You're better then that!

He let out a little laugh at my stupidity and looked over to me as he got comfortable on the ground, and held out his hand, "And your name is..?"

I found myself suddenly blurting out, "CARA!" really loudly, which caused a couple people to look over in my direction. I could feel my cheeks turning red.

A little softer, "It's Cara." Jesus, what was wrong with me? I mean, he was just a guy. Wasn't he?

Again, another chuckle from the famous Luke

"Well then, hello Cara. I'm Luke." He grabbed my hand to shake it and smiled again. He was looking right at my face.

At that point, my thoughts were out of control. I looked down at his hands. It was just like touching an angel. So soft and smooth.

I was so anxious that I didn't even let go of his hand until he finally pulled it away. I was so embarrassed, I just took another drink out of the beer bottle beside me.

"I don't know how Sam's never mentioned you before. I mean- she's never mentioned having a friend that's so- uh....cute." He rubbed the back of his neck slowly and bit his lower lip.

Did he. Just. Say that. To me? Asdfghjklahd!

I couldn't believe my ears! I could feel my face getting as red as my hair and my cheeks burning up. I, as One Direction would say, "smiled at the ground" and tried to avoid eye contact. When I looked up, I saw the glimmer in his eyes.

Lord, did I just want I grab his face and kiss the hell out of him.

But instead I just tried to stay calm and pretend like he was a normal person... Psshh! That was pretty hard.

That's when I looked over at Marty, who was now talking to some guy in the kitchen. She must have felt me looking at her because she glared over in my direction. I expected her to be pissed for taking her guy, but instead her eyes were wide and she just over exaggeratedly mouthed the words "oh my gawd" to me.

I didn't know what to say to Luke. I just kinda sat there after that. Thank god he started a conversation.

We talked a little bit. He was really cool. But sadly we were cut off by Sam.

"Hey, everybody! Lets start a reaaall party up in this bitch!" Again, a drunken laugh. It kind of reminded me of a witch cackle. " Who's up for spin the bottle!?" Everyone cheered and got up to go sit in a circle.

Luke got up and started heading over, too.

Oh great..... Just when I meet this sex god who's actually nice and cool, Sam decides to be childish and play this dumb game....

Fun..... just peachy.....