Chapter 23: Can We Talk?

*Cara POV:*

So much for not ruining our night.

I lowered my leg back down to the ground and stood straight, shifting to face my mother. Luke stood slightly behind me at my side, placing his hand around my waist for security. I wasnt sure about what was about to happen, but if anything were to happen at all, Luke would be here for me. I was sure if it.

I cocked my left brow with anger.

"What are you doing here?" I half scowled. I hated being rude to my mother, but these were different circumstances. She stood me up on my birthday to be with someone else. A man, that I didn't even know.

"Cara... I wanted to talk to you... a-about today" She sobbed through a quivering lip. I looked her over. her eyes were puffy and red, she had on a pair of light blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt. Nothing special. Her brown hair was pulled back in a messy bun, the way I usually wore mine. My frustration eased for only a minute at the sight of her sadness until I realized that there was a reason I was angry with her.

I gently peeled Luke's hand off of my waist and walked slowly towards my mother as I spoke. I couldn't look her straight in the eye. I'd never been able to do that when I'm frustrated with someone. I was afraid I'd see them cry, and I wasn't usually one to handle emotion well, so I just looked at the persons lips. My thoughts took over and I began to speak my mind.

My voice rose with rage.

"What is there to talk about? That you left me for some random guy? That you didn't even call on my birthday because you were at 'work' all day," I rose my hands in the air, putting over-exaggerated finger quotes on the word 'work'. I took a pause but continued my rant when she was about to speak again. I don't usually let my emotions out, so I couldn't let my mother interrupt me. It was either I tell or how I feel now, or never tell her.

"I don't have anything to say to you mum. I guess all I can say is that you were the only person I ever looked up to. And now I feel like I don't even know you. Just because of this one thing." I stopped in my tracks about two feet away from my mother, crossing my arms over my chest.

I began to stutter as I spoke, trying to think of the right words, "I-I know I usually d-don't express my emotion or-or.... or cry a lot like other girls," my voice calmed a bit as I began to whimper.

I took shaky breaths as I continued, "But I'm going to be honest, today you made me cry more than I ever have in my entire life. Because you made me feel like this guy you've been seeing is more important in your life then I am. And considering you're my world," I looked slightly up from my mother's quivering lips to her eyes, "that's something painful to experience. I don't know if I can forgive you. Especially not here, not now."

"Please, Cara. If you would just listen to what I have to say, I'm sure you'll know why I did what I did..." She spoke with an uneven tone.

I shook my head coldly, "I still love you mum," I said. And I meant it, " but I don't think you could give me a good explanation for what happened today. Even if you tried. This is not the place or time."

The silent eye contact I was holding with my mother at the moment was deep and intense. Her lids brimmed with tears and I could tell she was thinking about what I had just said. My eyes stayed cold, the way they always did when I was mad. I couldn't just forgive her. I couldn't just let it go right there and then. For god sakes, we were in the car park of a restaurant. I was supposed to be leaving with Luke right now.

I turned slightly to look at him. He looked at me sympathetically. I had never told him why I was upset earlier today and now he knew it all.

I turned and walked back over to Luke and he placed his arm around my waist once more, this time tracing small circles with his thumb on my hip bone. He kissed my temple slightly witch relaxed me a bit. I looked up at him from the side and smiled at him. I noticed my mother give a small smile through her tears at our affection.

"Ok..." She sighed out, "I understand. We can talk more when you're ready. You can call me if you would like. I would really like you to meet him. He's a wonderful man."

My jaw clenched and my anger returned at the mention of 'him'. Why would she even bring 'him' up at this point?

"No," I shook my head for what seemed like the thousandth time today, "I don't care to meet him."

My mother's frown returned and I could see her body start to shake from her emotions, "Okay. But let me know if you change your mind. I'm sorry to interrupt your night together. I honestly didn't mean to cause so much pain."

I nodded my head at her apology, not ready to accept it yet. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. My eyes shot right back open when something popped in my mind.

"Wait... How did you know I was here?"

"I went to Luke's house to find you. His brother told me you were here, for your birthday." She explained.

I suddenly felt Luke's fingers press into my side slightly and his body tensed.

*Luke POV:*

He did what...?

---------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

So. What'd you think? It took me a bit quicker to write because I've actually experienced this conversation before. Not with my mum but...... Yeah.

So anyway! Let me know! Give me feedback, predictions, anything! I love it when I see comments come up!

VOTE!

SHARE!

COMMENT!

because it makes me the happiest girl in the world when you do!

I have one more spot left for a girl character in my story! One spot got taken! So tweet me at: @Deadbc5boys and let me know if you'd like to be in it!

Just give me a name with #janoskianssummer!

You never know what your character will do/ who they will be!

Ok! Love you all! Keep reading! Stay beautiful! :*

All love-

Lukey_brooks123 (aka Chloe :)) xx

P.s. 6k reads! I love you all so much. I just