70 | The Devil's Gift

Start from the beginning

Days also seemed to have passed by at an alarming rate since everything changed... since she came to town.

Cruella De Vil.

The name itself made Indiana want to gag. She could not stand that woman. Not only did she bring out the "mommy kink" side of James, but she was all around a terrible person. Although Indiana technically wasn't one to judge, she really didn't hold back when it came to Cruella. She was a cruel devil—perhaps that was how she got her name. Either way, Indiana just couldn't stomach her presence.

Ever since Cruella and James had begun to screw each other night after night, he'd been blowing off Indiana. It was utterly frustrating. She would have understood if he just told her that he couldn't make it or if he just told her the truth. However, Indiana's been kept waiting all night on his sorry ass for the past couple of weeks now.

Tonight was one of those nights. Indiana Jones would be found hanging out at the Blind Witch's Diner, waiting on Prince James once again. She knew better than to expect for him to show up, yet she still waited because she truly had nothing better to do. Therefore, Indiana Jones did the only thing she knew would work out in her favor. Sitting in one of the many booths, she shut her eyes and fell asleep.

Then, out of nowhere, Indiana felt a strange sensation around her body. It was a peculiar mixture of warmth and cold that surrounded her body like an aura or a blanket. Whatever it was, it was enough to cause Indiana to open her eyes. The brunette raised her eyebrows at the sight of it. Well, this certainly wasn't the Diner...

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," a familiar voice greeted from behind Indiana, causing her to release an exasperated sigh almost instantaneously as she turned to face the being.

"Wrong fairytale, Hades," she deadpanned while realizing that she was in his infamous lair. She looked around. "Nice place you've got here. It really screams Hell meets Pimp My Crib."

Despite not quite understanding the joke, Hades let out a quiet chuckle. "Nice to see your cheerful self," he sarcastically mentioned. When she didn't react, he continued with a slightly confused face. "What? No sigh? No eye-rolling?"

"I'd roll my eyes, but the doctor said if I keep doing it, my ocular muscles might spasm and eject my eyeballs," Indiana deadpanned as she folded her arms over her chest. "Now, can I help you with something, or can I go back to being mad at my fr—acquaintance?"

"You can do that later," stated Hades while prancing around like a reindeer. "I have a-a gift for you."

"A gift?" she repeated, not very interested. "And to think it's not even my birthday. Either way, I don't want it."

"Too bad!" Hades exclaimed. "Now, listen carefully, girl because I won't repeat myself. I'm going to send you back to your home. Once I do so, I want you to do this..."

➖➖➖

From grabbing various spices and pulling levers to a room Indiana didn't even know existed within her household, Indiana Jones was a bit irresolute while following the particularly detailed directions that were given to her by Hades. For all she knew, the man could have planted some kind of bomb in her home that would be triggered by an unambiguous series of actions.

Still, she followed his instructions to a tee. Part of her was legitimately curious as to what this so-called gift from the devil was, even if the other part of her knew that it could quite easily blow up in her face. Nonetheless, when everything was ready, Indiana was brought into a hidden room in her home that contained nothing but a cauldron and a few shelves that had things Indiana didn't necessarily care for.

For the first couple of seconds, nothing actually happened, making Indiana grow annoyed. Did she really think that Hades actually wanted to do something for her, even if she didn't know what that something was? Was Indiana really becoming that oblivious to the world? Was she actually—?

Then it happened.

"Tell her you have relations to the Savior."

"Are you sure that'll work, Peter? I mean, what if—?"

"No what if's! Get out there, lad."

"Whatever you say, Hook."

Tears straightaway filled up the brunette's ocean-colored eyes as she stared at the vision before her. What the hell was this? How was this possible? Why was Indiana able to see Peter, Killian, and Henry conversing at this very moment? Why were they at a ball? What the hell was this?

"This, is my gift to you," Hades' voice came from behind her. "I'm sure you recall Cora mentioning a way to see into the land of the living. You are now one of the three people who have the ability to do so."

Sniffling, Indiana remained silent as she continued to stare at the scene playing before her. She continued to observe Peter Pan and Killian Jones speak to each other while Henry Mills chatted up a girl at this supposed ball. "God, what are they wearing?" Indiana mumbled to herself, a faint smile on her lips.

"You can watch previous events that have happened in Storybrooke, as well as keep up with what is occurring right now. I suppose a thank you would suffice, but you can show me your gratitude another day," Hades continued. "Enjoy."

She didn't need to turn around to know that he was gone, leaving Indiana alone with her thoughts and her tears.

"Either I'm just a one-handed pirate, or you're beginning to like me," mentioned Killian to Peter as they watched Henry talk to this girl.

Peter scoffed. "I think you're just a one-handed pirate."

And—for the time being—everything felt like it was going to be okay.

➖➖➖

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

that was kinda cute

for those of you who don't remember, cora mentioned that there was a way to watch over the people of storybrooke, but Indiana would only be able to do so once she gained Hades' trust. to be honest, i don't even know how indie did it, but she gained his trust and now, he has gifted this to her.

personally, i think it's a nice change of pace, considering all of the terrible things that have happened to indie since she arrived in the underworld. her aunt's soul was lost to the river, the nightmares, etc etc.

maybe her luck is beginning to change?

don't forget to leave a vote and a comment or 2! :)