48 | First Dates

╔══════════════════╗

INDIANA JONES
xlviii. FIRST DATES

╚══════════════════╝

PRESENT
STORYBROOKE

SITTING IN THE BED of Prince Charming's truck, Indiana Jones tightly hugged her knees to her chest while staring out into the distance as the Charming family sat on the inside of the vehicle. They were driving out to the fields to finally reveal to Emma Swan the Magic Beans that Anton and the Dwarves had been working so hard on.

It wasn't a long drive, but it sure felt like it. Indiana had been getting that same strange feeling of being watched for a few days as of now, maybe about a week or two.

She hated it.

All of Indiana's life, she'd been the "watcher." She would stalk her prey, like a lion with a gazelle. Now, the roles were switched. Indiana knew nothing was there, yet she couldn't feel as though Pan's Shadow was watching her. At the same time, Indiana felt like the Shadow was merely a figment of her imagination. Then again, that was how she felt about Frankie, as well.

What it was, Indiana Jones preferred to choose to believe that the Shadow was watching her. She could have sworn that the Shadow was sitting in the truck with her, staring at her. The brunette sat there, gazing at it. It merely stared back at her, thus making the drive to the fields feel much longer than usual.

The ocean-eyed girl was so focused on the Shadow that she didn't even realize that the truck had stopped. Indiana was finally snapped out of her thoughts when she heard David's voice calling out to her, saying, "Indiana? You okay?"

Indiana snapped her head back at David, not realizing how fearful she looked. "Indiana, what's wrong?" David asked again. Indiana looked back ahead of her silently, but the Shadow had disappeared. "Is it the Shadow again? Indiana, you know it's not real."

"David, it is," Indiana argued with a suddenly shaky voice. "It was right there. It was right there. You have to believe me. Please, David, please."

Prince Charming was the only person Indiana had really spoken to about the Shadow, seeing as he was the only person Indiana felt she could really trust with this information now that she and Snow were going through... well, a thing. "It's just a figment of your imagination," David continued, offering her hand. "It's okay. You're safe."

Indiana looked down at the Prince's hand before reluctantly taking it. By the time David had ushered the brunette out of the truck, Emma and Snow were walking through the barrier that camouflaged the fields. David and Indiana quickly joined them.