69 | Iauna

╔══════════════════╗

INDIANA JONES
lxix. IAUNA

╚══════════════════╝

PRESENT
UNDERWORLD

"SO HOW EVIL IS your boyfriend?"

Indiana Jones sensed herself rolling her eyes for the umpteenth time that day. The pair of unlikely associates had begun their expedition to the Door hours before this very moment; however, it didn't take them very long to actually locate it, considering the Underworld was a run-down version of Storybrooke. Keeping that in mind, Indiana seemed to already know what general area the second-half of the stone would be.

As mentioned before, Indiana Jones could take shots going off of how many times she'd rolled her eyes that day. Still, it had taken awhile for James to actually aggravate Indiana. Either she was getting better at holding in her temper after her last outburst, or she was actually beginning to warm up to James. Whatever it was, Indiana was hoping that it was the first choice.

"I mean, there are only so many villains that I've essentially heard of. If your boyfriend is so evil, then how come I've never heard of him?"

'Perhaps it's due to the fact that I never told you his name, jackass,' thought Indiana while pushing past a few branches. In her hand was the only weapon she really required, which was a knife that she found within the comfort of her Underworld apartment.

"You ever heard of the Pied Piper?" wondered Indiana. She stopped walking when she didn't hear James' footsteps behind her anymore. Indiana turned to see him, overwrought and frozen like he had seen a ghost. Indiana cracked a smirk at the sight. "What's the matter, Jamesy? Is someone afwaid of the Pied Piper?"

Upon catching her baby voice, James recoiled and scrunched up his nose. "Huh--? Of course I am!" he exclaimed. "There's no way your soulmate is the damned Pied Piper!"

Indiana rolled her eyes, facepalming herself as James, then, ensued to ramble on about her boyfriend and how demonic he was. Of course, this information was going off of the stories he had been told in his former and current life, stories his father had told him in order to ensure that his son would remain reverential.

It didn't take the pair a very long time to discover the other half of the stone. Once James had connected the two stones, a bright light was emitted and a pathway was revealed to the brunette and jackass. The path led into a cave, which was how Indiana was greeted with memories she didn't desire to think about given her current situation.

Still, she tried her best to ignore the memories as they played throughout her head. She could have sworn she felt a presence beside her, but perhaps that was the cave playing tricks on her.