Chapter Forty-Seven

Grace stood there with her mouth open for a minute before realizing she was talking about cheating on Kelly. She shook her head and drove back to Veneer house.

"Ok I'm going crazy." Grace said.

"What." Veneer asked.

"Jerome just kissed me." Grace said then proceeded to explain. "He showed up at my appointment. Took my ultrasound pictures. Told me he loves me and missed me. He wants things low key between us until I break up with Kelly. He kissed me then left."

"Wow." Veneer said. "This man won't leave you alone. You staying with Kelly though right?"

"Hell yeah. He's my baby. I can't leave him." Grace said. "Even if we not talking right now. I'm not cheating."

"Hopefully."

"Oh shoot!" Grace said. "I never called him back this morning." I hurried to take my phone out and call him back.

"So you ready to talk now?"

"Yeah, I'm having a boy."

"Mhm. So a jr.?"

"I mean if he's your child yeah, but I'm not naming him after Jerome." She said. "You know what. I'm not even gonna say that anymore. It's your child Kelly. You're the father. You're having a jr."

"Ok." He said. "We need to get together."

"Yeah." Grace said. "I miss you."

"Yeah I feel the same." He said. "Where you at?"

"Veneer's house." Grace said. "We not doing nothing though. You can pick me up."

"Alright." He agreed. "Be there in 30."

"Bye." Grace said hanging up. "Neer."

"Wassup?"

"I'm bored."

"You coming back?"

"Yeah, I'm not going home yet." She said leaning over him. "I want my dad to miss me. We probably won't. Technically I'm grown now."

"So you still signed up for Howard right?" Grace nodded.

"Of course. Imma get hopefully Kelly's parents to take care of this baby maybe my dad and I'm out of here."

"Well then." Veneer said.

Grace laughed and shook her head. "It's not like that." She said. "I think imma tell Grayson, but only because I want Jerome to stay away from me. When I have this baby if it's Jerome's I'm giving him up for adoption, so I don't need Jerome around."

"Well he can't stay away forever." Veneer said.

"But I can." Grace told him. "I'm just going to move. Far enough away, but close enough to come home."

"Ok." Veneer said. "We can go to Grayson's house when you come back."

"Ok. I have his key I think. I took it from him."

"You take everything from him." Grace nodded and laughed a little bit.

"I can't wait to finish college and be free. I'm so ready."

"Who isn't?" Veneer said. "I don't wanna be in the projects anymore. I wanna make it out. Just think some people gonna be here the rest of there lives."

"Were the lucky ones." Grace said. "We're on the come up. My first house will be in a gated community."

"Nice." Veneer said. "I gotta buy my mom a place first. Then I'll worry about me."

"If my dad comes around I might buy him something nice."

"You're lying."

"Yeah, imma get him something." She said sighing when the door ball rang. "I guess I'll see you later."

"Be safe." He said following me downstairs.

"Don't worry." Grace said opening the door. "Hey baby." She said flying into his arms.

"Hey. Why he don't have no short on?" He asked in her ear.

"Oh shut up." Grace said. "You are worrying too much."

"Sorry. Now let's go." He said pulling on her arm. "I hate fighting with you because afterwards you make me feel bad."

"Oh I'm sorry." Grace said sarcastically. "Let's not. Put them behind us. We're happy."

"Mhm."

"No stop." Saint yelled at Jerome.

"Boy who you yelling at?" Deira asked.

"Jerome! He keeps throwing away my toys." Saint cried then set on the ground wiping his tears.

"Jerome what are you doing?"

"He's too big for these. I want him doing other things with his time. I got him a tutor cause he's dumb as shit. He don't need to be doing dumb shit anymore."

"I tutor? Finally. Now he can do some stuff on his own." She said walking out.

"D where you going?"

"To piss damn." She said snapping.

"Big daddy Jerome."

"Wassup?" He asked standing up and turning around. "Woah, who are you?"

"Oh I'm new here." She said. "My name's Babee." (Baby)

"Who brouht you in?"

"Chris."

"From where?"

"Ohio."

"Why?"

"My boyfriend owns somebody money."

"You a bad girl. He should've let you put the house." Jerome said picking his lips.

"Uh I just need to know what to do and how to do it."

"Alright. Go find Lexxi." Jerome said looking her up and down. He watched her add shale as she walked away and how she tried to stop it. "Hurry up." Jerome said watching her add shake faster.

"Daddy please don't throw my toy's away." Saint said hugging Jerome's legs.

"Saint get yourself together." Jerome said. "Pick yourself up. I'm not throwing them away. You'll get them back damn."

"Ok." He said sitting back and wiping his face.

"He's so cute. How old is he?" Babee asked.

"Lexxi. She new here show her the ropes and how to count my money. How she'll get paid. Where's she'll be staying, she'll be staying with you. And what happens when you fuck up." Jerome said. Lexxi nodded and they walked away.

Jerome left saint and starting walking downstairs. "No I don't wanna hear it!" Deira yelled. "I don't deliver messages." Jerome came out and looked between them.

"What's wrong, babe?" He asked walking over to Deira.

"I'm fine." She said. He started backing away and Jerome held his gun up. "He was talking about owing money."

"Jaquez," he stood shaking and didn't say anything. "What is Deira talking about?"

"Man we got robbed a little earlier today." He said. "Some dudes and two black vans rolled up and cleaned us up. They took everything."

Jerome put his gun down. "Black vans. Like the same ones that got us earlier this week." He nodded. "What they say?"

"Tell Grayson we coming."