Chapter Twenty-Two

"Aye, Deira come here." Jerome said to the Nigerian girl. Her name was to hard to pronounce so that's what he calls her.

"Yes?" She said standing up from Saint to walk over to Jerome.

"Um here." He said handing her a bag. "Kitchen." She leaned in a bit more. "Kitchen." Jerome said louder.

"Kitchen." She repeated walking away with it.

"Damn, she so fine." Jerome said tempted to follow her. All he's ever did was break her in because he's been more focused on Grace, but he didn't know if he could hold off anymore.

He stood up leaving Saint and walked out behind Deira grabbing her around the waist. He kissed her neck and she started panicking.

"Calm down baby." He whispered in her ear. She sighed at the sound of Jerome's voice and tried to move away from him. "Naw come on."

He pulled her to the back and she unwillingly followed. She started talking, but Jerome couldn't understand her. She stopped and pulled on her arm continuing to talk. After a while of going back and forth, Jerome gave up. He went back to his office and Saint was playing with condoms.

"Give me my fucking condoms." Jerome said putting them back I the box. "Stay away from my shit." He told him pushing him away from his desk and closing the drawer.

"I'm bored." Saint said.

"Go play with Deira." Jerome said putting his feet up.

"She doesn't speak english." Saint said.

"Look, you complained about having a mom, I got you a mom. Go be a son or something." Jerome said.

"I like Gr-"

"Don't say Grace, I told you this."

"I LIKE GRACE BETTER!" Saint yelled to test Jerome. Jerome jumped at him and he ran away.

"You better run." Jerome said sitting back. Monica came in with a smile and a bag in her hand walking over to Jerome's desk. "Hell no! What the fuck to want?"

"Shhh. I came to make up." She said setting the bag on the desk.

"Ain't no makin up. I don't want you." Jerome said.

"And you want that other bitch?" She asked. "Is she really better than me? Does she do you better than me really?"

"Really." He said putting his legs down. Monica came around and tried to sit on his lap. "No." He said pushing her.

"I know she's not giving it to you and you've been getting it from these no good girls." Monica said.

"I ain't been getting shit from nobody." He said. "Stop tryna set me up."

"I'm not setting you up." She said reaching out to him. "You don't have to take me back. I just want you one more time."

"Monica I swear to God I'll kill you if you don't fucking leave." Jerome said pushing her out. He went through her bag before giving it back and escorting her out roughly. "Don't come back."

"Big daddy?" Jerome turned around and rolled his eyes.

"What slut?" He asked. "Don't come with no bull shit."

"I was going to ask if I could be allowed to leave. My son just got rushed to the hospital and I need to see him."

"Since when do you have children?"

"He's 5." She said. "Please."

"Fine. But hurry back." Jerome said. "Aye Chris watch the place, I'm going to my girlfriend house."

"Whatever." Chris said. "When you gonna hit the strip club with us man?" Jerome sighed and checked his phone. "See man what happened to you."

"Tonight man. Ain't nothing changed." Jerome said knowing he promised Grace a date night. "I'm still the same."

"Yeah, yeah." Chris said. "Go tend to your girlfriend."

"I'll be there. What time?" Jerome asked.

"Eight." Chris said. "We ballin tonight."

"I got you." Jerome said leaving. He drove over to Grace's house and knocked on her door.

"Ok I'll be right back, let me see who this is." Grace said patting Kelly's chest and standing up.

"Don't take too long." He said scrolling through the guide.

"It's my boyfriend." She said opening the door. "Hey Jerome."

"Hey." He said pulling on her waist and kissing her. She closed the door and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Is that how you're going?"

"Going where?" She asked.

"We're supposed to go on a date tonight remember?" Jerome asked.

"No, I don't." She said.

"Well I texted it to you. And you even responded." Jerome said.

"Can I take a rain check?" Grace asked. "And we reschedule?"

"You serious? I actually cleared my schedule for the next few hours to be with you, and you wanna reschedule?" Jerome said. "I'm trying Grace. What do you want me to do?"

"Calm down first of all." Grace said.

"You got another man up in there." Jerome said. "I smell him.'

"Or I'm covered in cologne." Grace said.

"You know what? Fuck it. Fuck the date, fuck the calls, fuck all this shit." Jerome said. "I'm tired. I'll talk to you tomorrow or something. Maybe later than that. Have fun with ya nigga."

"You're literally tripping over nothing." Grace said stepping back. She watched Jerome leave and went back inside.

"What he want?" Kelly asked inviting Grace back into his arms.

"Nothing." She said. "Well, we actually had a date planned, but not anymore."

"You cancelled a date for me." She shook her head.

"I have a ton of reasons not to go out with him." Kelly nodded and pointed at himself. "No."

"Would you have sex with me?" Kelly asked staring into Grace's big eyes.

"Why?"

"Well, I really like you and I wanna have sex." He said. "I was wondering if you feel the same."

"Well, I like you. I don't know about the sex stuff though." Grace said.

"It's just a yes or no question." He said. "We don't have to have sex or nothing."

"Ehhhhh..." Grace said rolling her neck. "I guess."

He smiled and nodded. "Ok." He said looking away.

"Don't get any ideas." Grace said. "If my boyfriend can't have me, then you can't have me."

"Ok, but I'm not your boyfriend." He said.

"I'm not a cheater." Grace said. Kelly smirked at her.