Chapter Sixteen

After school Jerome brought Saint over to Grace's house so she could see him. Grace opened the door and smiled bending down to hug Saint. He was excited to see her also.

"Hey Saint. Aren't you the cutest?" Grace asked. She looked him over. "Here." She pulled his pants up and tightened his belt. "There." She said pinching his cheeks.

"What you doing?" Jerome asked tuning back in.

"This is how you're supposed to wear your pants. I'm teaching him properly." Grace said.

"Naw. He's mine and mine don't dress like bitches." Jerome said trying to fix him. Saint pulled away and ran to Grace standing behind her. "Get back over here boy."

"Grace can I have some water?" He asked looking up at Grace.

"Of course." She said cheery and grabbing his hand.

"Thank you." He said smiling at Jerome.

"Oh imma beat your ass." Jerome said.

Grace gasped. "No he won't sweetie. Not while I'm here." She whispered to him.

"I like you." Saint whispered holding Grace's hand.

"Aweee." Grace said handing him a cup. "Jerome I love this boy."

"More than me?" He asked grabbing her around the waist.

"My dad's home." Grace whispered pushing him back slightly.

"Come on. One little peck." He mumbled coming closer to her.

"Do you have any brothers or sisters?" Saint asked.

"No I'm an only child." Grace said wiggling away. Jerome tried to hold on and sat down. "Let go."

"Why can't I stay here?" Saint asked as Grace handed him cookies.

"Because Jerome's the daddy." Grace said reading Jerome.

Jerome laughed and shook his head. "Grace he doesn't need this." He said trying to take the cookies away.

"Um. No." Grace said stopping his hand. "He gets the cookies."

Jerome pulled her into his lap and stared into her eyes. "Why you doing this?" They heard footsteps and Jerome let her stand up.

"Grace who's here?" Her dad asked walking in. His eyes landed on Jerome and he sighed shaking his head. "What did I tell to about having boys over?"

"Don't worry sir." Jerome said. "I won't be here much longer."

"I'm sorry daddy. I just had to see Saint. " Grace said gesturing towards him.

"Well, I'm gonna go get ready for work. He better be gone when I'm back." Gary threatened. Jerome smacked and rolled his eyes. He walked to the back and Jerome pulled Grace in his lap.

"Why he such a square? You know I'm not leaving." He said in her ear nibbling on it.

"Jerome." Grace said standing up.

"Me or the rules." He said squeezing her butt.

"The rules." Grace said. "Bye Saint. I'll see you another time."

"I can't believe you're serious." Jerome said standing up. "You know I'm going out of town and I won't be back for a couple of days, and you wanna push me away."

"No I didn't know. Where are you going?" She asked.

"Me and my boys are going to a party." He said.

"How long will you be gone for?" She asked sadly.

"Only two days. Maybe longer."

"Are you taking Saint?"