Chapter Twenty-Nine

Grace woke up and it was still dark outside. She groaned and turned over trying to get out of bed. Kelly was snoring by her side and she looked at the clock. It was almost 5:30 and Kelly had to leave. She shook him until he budged and opened his eyes.

"Shit. That was crazy." He mumbled.

"I know." Grace said with a smile. Her first time with Kelly. She had no regrets and didn't feel bad or pressured.

Kelly returned the smile sitting up and stretching. "I better get home."

"Yeah, that's why I woke you up." Grace said. "I don't want you to leave."

"I'll see you after school." He said covering his ass up. "So how was your first time?"

"Wonderful. I'm glad it was with you." Grace said getting out of bed. She tried to keep her balance and walk straight, but failed badly. Kelly smiled and shook his head.

"You knew that would happen." He said walking over to Grace to help her. Grace looked at his chest and down his body.

"Yeah, I didn't think the rumors were true." Grace said. "Well, I'll have fun at school."

Kelly turned away to pick his shirt up and Grace covered her mouth in shock. "Did I do that?" Grace asked lightly touching Kelly's back.

"Naw those are from other females. That's how good my stuff is." Kelly said putting his shirt on. "I'm kidding, yeah you did it. I don't feel it though. Wait till I start working out this afternoon. They gonna pick on my ass, and that shit gonna burn."

"I'm sorry." Grace said.

"It's perfectly fine. I gotta get going." Kelly said walking over and kissing Grace. "I love this." He said kissing her deeper this time. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer. "Alright I'm out."

"Bye." Grace said helping him out the window. She closed it and went to take a shower.

By the time Veneer came to get Grace. Her limp pretty much disappeared. She was still hurting, but she practiced for hours hiding it. She grabbed her stuff and walked outside getting in the car with him.

"Hey Veneer. You were right. Jerome's not shit." Grace said buckling up.

"I knew y'all were gonna break up. The way he was acting yesterday." Veneer said. "But I could tell he really did care. He wasn't tryna start nothing. He legit seemed hurt and that's what any boyfriend would do who cares."

"So I'm wrong?" Grace asked.

"Did you really send him pictures?"

"Of my eye yeah." She said. "I sent a picture of my eye and it looked like a pussy. If he would've kept reading he asked was it my eye I said yeah and we laughed. But I didn't cheat."

"Did you tell him that?" Veneer asked.

"No." Grace said.

Jerome stood posted up at his usual spot with Frank, Jonas, Dred, and a couple other niggas. He waited sadly staring at the front doors waiting for Grace to walk in.

"Jerome you listening?" Dred asked.

"Hmm?" Jerome asked slowly taking his eyes off the door.

"You need to move on, because this ain't you. Walking around all sad and depressed over a bitch. This broad ain't shit. We don't love these hoes." Dred said trying to hype Jerome up. Jerome just sighed and looked away. "Aye I'll see you later man." Dred said walking away.

"Aye there yo girl go." Jonas said.

Jerome quickly turned away staring at her walk down the hall. It was at this inopportune time Monica decided to show up. She walked over to Jerome and leaned over his rubbing her breast on his arm.

"Hey Jerome, what's wrong?" She asked gripping his face. Jerome kept his eyes on Grace who looked up and see him with Monica by his side. She said something to Veneer shaking her head and they turned going a different way.

"Get the fuck away from me." Jerome said pushing Monica away.

"What was that. Yall not fucking with each other no more?" Jonas asked.

"Naw." Jerome said angrily.

"Well, mind if I take a pass-"

"I swear to God if you say anything to her I'll make you eat your own dick." Jerome said seriously. "She not something to pass around. She my baby."

The bell rung and they dispersed. Monica caught up with Jerome and started questioning him.

"What was that about." She asked. "Why you acting funny?"

"I'm not acting funny. I don't fuck with you." Jerome said growing impatient. "I don't text you. I don't call you. I don't do anything with you. What makes you think we talk. If anything you're just annoying me."

"Jerome do you really want to loose me?" She asked. "Honestly. I bring in lots of business and have lots of connects. You'll have big problems of you drop me."

"I told you, I don't wanna be in a relationship with you. It's only one girl I want." Jerome said. "Don't bring business into this."

"I'll beat her ass." Monica said.

"Don't lay a finger on her." Jerome said. He went into his class and sat down putting his head in his hands.

Grace took her seat next to Frank who had a big smile on his face. "What?"

"You got some dick." Frank said. "I know that walk. That's the walk you have after some good dick and you try to play it off. It was Jerome wasn't it?"

"I didn't have sex." Grace said.

"You don't gotta lie. I see my boy put that work in." Frank said. "I haven't seen him since yesterday. I was wondering where he went. Damn."

Grace shook her head. "I'm not having sex and Jerome and I aren't on best terms. I'm still a virgin.

After school Frank went up to Jerome with his 100 dollars. "What's this for?"

"For smashing Grace. I see the way she was walking." Jerome's eyes got big.

"What?!" He said. "It doesn't make sense. We haven't had sex. I haven't even talked to her about sex in a minute."

"Well give me my money nigga. She fucking somebody." Frank said putting his money away.

"Oh really? Don't take that too far. I'm smashing tonight and I'm bringing a pair of her underwear back with me." Jerome said angrily. "Dude, I love this chick." Jerome said. "Why the fuck? I'm mad."

"This the Jerome I know and love." Frank said.

"Fuck her. I got better shit to do." He said getting in his car.

"There she go." Frank said pointing.

Jerome went a little soft again with concern on his face. "She is limping. What if his dick was bigger than mine?"

"Nigga?"

"Yeah, let's go back to the trap. I got some planning to do." Jerome said snapping back. While he was acting tough in front of Frank, Jerome was hurt as hell on the inside.