Chapter Forty-One

Two months later

Grace's stomach hasn't started growing yet, but she was aching to tell someone other than her Jerome. He had been her outlet since she told him. She couldn't even tell Veneer, it was too much.

"What you mean you haven't told anybody?" Jerome asked. "Not even your little boyfriend?"

"No." Grace cried. "I'm soo scared."

"Grace you gotta atleast tell ya dad. It's either him or Grayson, and Grayson's not gonna take to kindly to that." Jerome said. Grace burst out into tears and Jerome sighed throwing his head back. "Ok, look. Do you want me to tell him?" She nodded. "Really. Cause it's not my child and I can be blunt with it."

"Please do it for me." Grace said. "I'll do anything."

"You don't have to do anything." Jerome said. "This is from the kindness of my heart." He looked at her. "Nice necklace."

She giggled and wiped her eyes. "Yeah, it's the one you bought me for Christmas."

"I know." He said. He broke eye contact with her sighing. "Well I got somewhere to be I'll talk to you later."

"Ok." Grace said.

"Need a ride?" She nodded.

"Thanks. Can we stop at Tops so I can get a burger?" Jerome shrugged.

"I guess it's not too far away." He said. "Lets go."

Grace stood up and followed Jerome. He bought her food and she thanked him.

"I'm paying you back. Forreal." Grace said reaching in her purse. "Don't tell me not too."

"Mhm." Jerome said taking the money. "But you didn't have to pay me back."

"Can you take me to home?" Grace said. Jerome nodded. "How your grades looking? You know we're getting ready to graduate in a month."

"I got all C's and a B." He said. "So good."

"Mhm. You sure you don't need help? Exams are coming up." Grace offered.

"Yeah don't worry about me." He said. "You got bigger things."

"Please don't ever say that to me in your entire life." Grace said. "Ever."

"Ok, do you want the child?"

"Of course not, but actions come with consequences and this is my consequence." Grace said. "I can't be happy, I don't know how to be happy."

"You were happy with me." Jerome said at a red light sitting back.

"Yeah, I was. But this is different. I'm going to be a mother. That means a baby is going to come from my vigina and I'll have to care for it for the rest of my life. On top of that I have six more months of carrying it. Inside me!" Grace ranted. "Talk about monsters inside me. God I'm so stupid. I-"

Jerome leaned over and kissed Grace. She immedentialy kissed back grabbing his face. Jerome pulled away slowly and licked his lips. "You were rambling." She stared at him until the car behind them honked.

"My bad." She mumbled looking away. "You just gotta understand where I'm coming from."

"I do though. I have a daughter remember. If you ever need help I can help. Because I am a good father." He said. "Trust. I can take care of kids."

"With the way you take care of Saint..." Grace joked.

"Saint not my child."

"But I won't drag you into it." Grace said. "I guess I should sign up for some parenting classes. Probably online."