Chapter Two

Grace woke up early and did her hygiene dressing for school. She applied more heat to her hair to make sure it stayed straight and and took her bags of old clothes outside to throw away. She warmed up the breakfast her dad made her and grabbed her bookbag. She walked outside locking the door and up to Veneer's car.

"Uh who are you?" He asked.

"Grace." She said getting in.

"I've never seen you with your hair done." He said. "Or dressed like that. Where's the rest of your shirt?"

"Its supposed to look like this."

"Its fine. I like it." He said backing out the driveway. "So what you doing tomorrow night?"

"Nothing."

"Well I'm going to a party. Wanna come with me?" He asked. Grace nodded happily.

"Alright."

"Veneer how come I never hear you talk about having a girlfriend?" Grace asked randomly.

"Because I never have one." He replied smartly. "Duh."

"Don't get smart it was just a question." He shrugged.

"I don't ask why you never talk about having a boyfriend." He said. Once we got to school Grace got out and Veneer walked behind her. "Goddamn Grace you got ass."

"Is that good or bad?" She asked covering it up with her hands.

"I like it." He said smiling and walking beside her.

Jerome was posted up with his crew against the wall waiting for the dean to tell them to start heading to class. He was talking with Frank when Frank pulled his attention away to tap Grace on her shoulder. She stopped and turned to him.

"You finish the assignment for Mrs. Stevens class?" She nodded. "Ok. Can I see it please?"

"Fine." She dug in her bag and handed it to him. "Just don't lose it and give it back before class."

"Thanks." He said. Grace smiled and snuck a quick look at Jerome before walking off with Veneer.

"Aye who was that?" Jerome asked watching her butt.

"Grace?" He nodded. "The valedictorian. That's how I know these are the right answers."

"She bad man." Jerome said. Frank laughed obnoxiously.

"Dude she's a fucking nerd." He said. "That's the girl with the big ass glasses and dressed like a female Steve Urkel? Remember. We used to bully her ass during sophomore year because you thought she liked you."

"Oh yeah." He said remembering. "I didn't know she looked like that under them clothes."

"Dude screw your head back on you tripping." Frank said waving him off. "You gotta be kidding me. She ugly."

"Yeah you got that right, but her body is smashable." Jerome then proceeded to talk about his meeting with one of his connects this afternoon.

Aside from him thinking Grace has a nice body, Jerome didn't see anything in Grace. He did catch her staring at him a few times a during sophomore year and bullied her. Of course he doesn't know Grace and his boss are related. That would be bad.

After school was over Veneer drove Grace home and let her talk him into staying over. They got snacks and did their homework together.

"Veneer what 18×6?" Grace asked.

"I don't know. I'm trying to focus." He said sitting back on the couch.

"I don't care." She whined. "Help me."