Chapter Six

Jerome pulled up to Grace's house and texted her telling her he was outside. Grace took one last look in the mirror before grabbing her purse and walking out. She smiled and got in the car with Jerome.

"Hey." Grace said. Jerome smiled and backed out.

"You look sexy." He said looking her up and down. Grace smiled.

"Thank you." She looked down. "You don't look to bad yourself."

"You like icecream?" He asked. She nodded. "Good. We're going to Sunday's."

"Ok. I like Sunday's."

"Really? I've never been before." He said. Jerome caught Grace staring at him and he smirked. "Like what you see?"

"Huh?" Grace asked looking out the window.

"I know you were looking at me." He said shaking his head. "It's ok."

"I didn't mean for you to see me." She said lowly.

"Nah it's ok. I mean, I'm yours for the night. So it's ok to look." He said parking. He got out and opened the door for her.

"Thank you."

"No problem." He said walking her in. "You find a seat and I'll order?" She agreed and walked away. Jerome ordered and brought it back to the table.

"I hope you like chocolate." He said setting it down infront of her.

"I do." She said taking it and licking it.

"So Grace, tell me about yourself." Jerome said. "We never really talked before."

Grace thought of saying something smart, but decided not to. "Well, I don't know where to start."

"Start with your family." He said.

"It's just me and my dad." She started. "I mean I have a brother, but he got kicked out and my mother past away-"

"Mine, too." Jerome interrupted. "I know how it feels."

"My mom died while I was in her arms." She continued. "I don't like to talk about it."

"I understand." Jerome said. "My mom died during childbirth. It was me or her. And she sacrificed herself for me." Grace nodded.

"Well, family side that's it."

"Ok. I live with my auntie. My dad was never around. I don't know him."

"Enough about family. It's touchy for me." Grace said. "What about you do I need to know?"

"That I think you're very beautiful I was wrong to ever call you out your name and bully you." He lied smiling. Grace bit the inside of her cheek.

"Those your thoughts?" She asked. He shook his head. He was thinking about something else.

"I want you to be comfortable around me." He said looking Grace in her eyes. "I can tell you're not. What I gotta do?"

"Well, it's our first date and I don't trust you yet." She said. "I don't trust a lot of people."

"What I gotta do to be one of those people?" He asked.

Grace thought about it. "We just have to talk more and I just have to get comfortable around you."

"Ok." He balled his napkin up and took Grace's stuff. "I'll throw it away."

"Thanks." He came back and sat down. "So I'm not ready to return you home yet. What you wanna do?"

"Well it's up to you. You asked me out." She said.

"You're right." He looked outside. "Wanna walk with me. Fresh air helps me talk."

"Ok." He stood up and grabbed Grace's hand. They walked out and started down the street. Grace took a step closer to him, so she was touching him. He looked down at her.

"So what do you like about me?" Grace asked.

Jerome smiled siliently thanking himself for preparing ahead of time. "Your smile. It does something to me. You're a really pretty girl with lots of potential and that stands out to me."

Grace couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Really?" She asked smiling. He nodded.

"And I believe that once I get to know you, your personality will be just as beautiful." He told her.

"Awe Jerome," Grace said kicking a rock. "That's so sweet."

"Really?" He received a nod from her. "Good." He couldn't believe she was dumb enough to fall for that bullshit.

"So you ever been on a date before?" He asked swinging their arms back and forth. She shook her head. "Me either. I don't know about you, but I think it is a success."

"I'm having fun. I'm enjoying myself." Grace said pushing her hair out of her face.

"Next time I'll take you to a restaurant." Grace smiled up at him.

"Are you asking me out again?" He chuckled at her surprised face.

"I don't know. Would you say yes?" She nodded. "Ok. Well how about it? A second date?"

"Yeah. That would be awesome." She said. He opened the door for her and let her get in before getting in himself.

"Thank you." Grace said.

"No problem. I'm just glad you enjoyed yourself." He turned the radio up and watched the rode. He had this 100 easy.

After he parked in her driveway, he got out to walk her to the door.

"Thanks again. I really enjoyed. I'll see you at school tomorrow." Grace said unlocking the door.

"I don't get a hug?" Jerome said. "Or a kiss?"

Grace giggled and he held his arms out. Grace kissed his cheek and went in the house.

"Ok I see how it is." He walked back to his car and drove to Greyson's house knowing everyone would be there.

Grace was running high with emotion. She was so happy all over. Her lips touched Jerome's skin. She touched her lips over and over, high off the fact her and Jerome had a close encounter like that. After her shower and intake on real food she went to sleep.

Jerome arrived at Greyson's house and got out of his car. He walked up and waited to be let in. Greyson opened the door with a smile and a blunt. He gave it to Jerome and invited him in.

"You gotta tell me how this date went." He said.

"Man I ain't never been so fake in my life. Like I was trying my ass off to be sweet and shit. And her dumb ass fell for it." He said laughing. "It was cool though. She a nice girl."

"Frank I hope you got your money." Chris said. "Jerome might get her.

"I ain't worried about it." Frank said.

"Well I'm tired. I'll catch y'all tomorrow." He said standing up.

"Gone so soon?"

"Yeah. I gotta get home." He said leaving. "Peace."

Jerome left and went home where his mom was waiting for him. She was sitting on the couch watching TV when he came in.

"Hey ma." Jerome said locking the door and trying to go upstairs.

"How was your date?"

"It was cool." He said nodding. "Nothing special."

"Nothing special." He nodded. "Ok, so you're not going to change your mind about hurting this girl?"

"Why?" He asked. "It won't hurt her. It's a temporary relationship and their won't even be feelings attached."

"Go get ready for school tomorrow." She told him refusing to look at him. It made her sick to her stomach. "This is not how I raised him." She said lowly. "What went wrong?"