Chapter Forty-Three

"Jerome who is this?" Grace asked coming over and setting her purse down.

"Just my baby mama." He said. "Sit down."

"What is this about?" Grace asked sitting down.

"Well, Jerome informed me that you were pregnant and you weren't to happy about it, and I'm here to change your mind." Regina said.

"Uh no." Grace said standing up. Jerome stood up also and grabbed her arm.

"Grace please sit down. I don't want you to do something stupid that you'll regret."

"My dad found out last night." She said.

"What happened?" Jerome asked letting her go.

"He beat me." Grace said flatly. "And I blame it on you."

"What?" Jerome asked.

"This is all because of you." Grace said lowly. "I'll do your little pep talk." She said sitting down.

"Jerome leave." Regina said. Jerome smacked and glared down at Grace. He walked out and Regina smiled at Grace.

"So what did Jerome tell you?" Grace asked.

"He told me enough." She said. "Don't worry it wasn't nothing important."

"Ok so why am I here?"

"Because Jerome truely cares. Even if you don't." Regina said. "I swear it's not as bad as you think it is. You just have to have an open mind. Trust me when you see that baby inside you, you'll cry real tears."

"I'm not you."

"How far along are you?"

"Three months."

"So you should be able to find out the gender now." Regina said with a smile. "Do you have an apointment to find out?"

"No. I don't care to know." Grace said. "How was birthing the baby?"

"It hurts like hell, but when you get to hold your baby in your arms I swear it'll be all worth it."

"You know I'm complaining and stuff, but really I could just do adoption. Then I won't have to worry about anything." Grace said happily. "Thank you." She said standing up and walking out quickly.

"Grace?" Jerome said following her. "You straight? Did she help?"

"Yeah." Grace said with a smile. "Problem solved."

"Good." Jerome said walking back. "What happened?"

"Well, she's talking about adoption now." Regina said. Jerome but his lip and wrote down a number.

"Text her and try again please. I'll pay you for this one." Jerome said. "100 advance and if she comes through I'll give you 300."

"Ok, I'll try." Regina said. "Come on so we can get my baby."

"Kelly I'm serious. We can just forget all of this." Grace said swinging their arms back and forth.

"No Grace, I won't allow it." Kelly said. "You're not giving my baby away."

"I don't want or need a child." Grace said.

"Not with my child. I have a say." Kelly said.

"Well you can say what you want. It's my actions that count." She said pulling her hand away.

"Grace just shutup. You're pissing me off." Kelly yelled. "You're not giving my baby up for adoption! Final!"

"It's probably not even your baby!" Grace yelled back. Kelly fixed his mouth to say something but stopped and growled.

"I'll talk to you later." He said walking away.

Grace walked back to her car and got in. She took a deep breath and called Veneer.

"Hey boo." He said.

"Hey I need a vent." Grace whined.

"Ok come by my house. My mom gone."

"Ok." Grace drove to his house and knocked on the door. Veneer opened up and Grace hugged him crying.

"What happened?"

"Kelly and I fell out."

"Over what?"

"I'm pregnant, and I don't want it."

"By Kelly?"

"Either him or Jerome." Grace said.

"We have so much to catch up on." Veneer said. "Where have I been?"

"I just been keeping you out. And I'm sorry. Now it's bad and I wish I would've listened to you in the beginning." Grace said.

"So are you and Kelly over?"

"No, thankfully." Grace said. "I just pissed him off."

"Ok lets get some soda and icecream and you need to tell me everything starting from where we left off." Veneer said walking off. Grace sat down and sat back. "How far along are you?"

"Three months."

"Yea we have a lot of work to do." Veneer said coming back with icecream and spoons. Grace sat foward and grabbed the Oreo one and a spoon opening it. Veneer brought back the sodas and sat next to Grace.

"Ok break it down."

Grace took a deep breath and picked a nice starting place. "It started when I went with my brother and Jerome."

After two hours of venting of crying Grace cried herself to sleep. Her dad called and Veneer answered for her.

"Hello Mr. Gary."

"Veneer? Where's my daughter?"

"She's at my house sleep." Veneer said. "Need me to wake her up? She had an eventful day."

"Yes, please. Tell her now she needs to come straight home." Veneer shook Grace and she slowly woke up.

"Grace you gotta be home your dad calling."

"Mhm." She said sitting up. "I need some water and I'll leave."

"I hope you feel better now. That was a lot to get off your chest." Veneer said. "Don't let it get like that again. And remember you only have one week and two days of high school left."

"Yes and I'm off to college." Grace said. "I'll still be pregnant."

"What if I fall behind?" Grace said leaving.

"You won't I'll be there." Veneer said.

"Ok." Grace said getting in.

"Jerome this really isn't right." Regina said rubbing his back out of breath. He kissed her neck and shrugged.

"I don't care." He said. "Ain't nobody getting hurt or nothing."

"Where's all that love gone?" Regina asked turning to face Jerome with a smile.

"You jealous?" Jerome asked. Regina scoffed and shook her head. "Yes you are." She wouldn't look at him. "Regina you know it wasn't ever any love between us."

"Yes it was." She said. "I had you."

"Re Re do you really believe that. I'm actually in love with Grace and I still cheated like hell on her." Jerome said. "Nobody can 100 percent hold me down. And that's a fact."

"Does Grace know this?"

"Yeah. And that's why she's with some boy who she was 100 of." Jerome ranted. "I want him gone. I want him gone so bad. I just want my baby back."

Regina sighed. "I can help if you want?"

"Help with what?" Jerome asked.

"I could get him to at least talk to me at most have sex with me." She said. Jerome thought about it for a minute.

"No, I have a better idea."