Chapter Forty-Five

Two weeks later

"How far along are you?" Veneer asked looking at the small pudge in Grace's stomach.

"About 15 weeks. I haven't been to the doctor's yet." She said. "Regina made me set an appointment though, it's tomorrow and I'm going by myself to the first one. She's a mother so I'm going with what she says."

"Regina?" Grace nodded.

"Right now I wish my mom was here. Or I at least wish I had a mother figure. Even your mother, but she doesn't like me."

"Grace I can talk to her." Veneer said. "I can tell her what you're going through. She'll understand. She had me at your age."

Grace's eyes started to water up and Veneer wrapped her up letting her tears spill over him. Veneer rubbed her back and shushed her.

"It'll be alright. I promise." Veneer said. Grace cried harder and her body started to shake. "Grace calm down."

"I want my mother." Grace cried. "My dad's no help."

"Grace. You can come stay at my place if you need. You know you always have a home there." Veneer offered. Grace nodded and hid her face in her hands.

"What's wrong with her?" Kelly asked touching Grace. She shook her head and went deeper into Veneer.

"Now right now man. Let me handle this." Veneer said.

"What you mean? This my girl."

"I get that, but she's my sister and my bestfriend." Veneer responded. "I can handle it."

"Go away Kelly." Grace sniffled. Kelly raised his eyebrow and kneeled down.

"What's wrong baby?" He reached out to touch her and Grace pushed him back.

"Go away Kelly. I don't wanna see to right now. How did you even know I was here?" Grace asked no moving.

"I didn't. I'm here with my little brothers and I saw Veneer's car. I came to say hey, but and I saw you here." Kelly said with attitude. "But if you're that unhappy to see me I guess I'll just leave."

Grace listened to him walk away before continuing to pour her tears onto Veneer. He listened to her for hours, ramble and cry, and comfort her before she tired herself out.

"So we going back to my house?" Grace didn't respond and Veneer lifted her up taking her to his car. He brought her to his house and carried her to his room. He spent 15 trying to figure out how to change her clothes and finally figured she wouldn't mind and changed her into his old clothes. He left her in his bed and went downstairs to talk to his mom. He thought Grace was sleep, but she was really listening.

"Veneer what is she doing here?"

"Ma listen, she havin a rough time and I was being a good friend and big brother by bringing her here." Veneer said changing his tone like he always does around his mom.

"Mhm. What she on? What pills she takin?"

"Ma. I keep tellin you she real smart. And she not that kinda girl." Varner took a deep breath. "She really needs your help."

"What she need my help with?" She snapped.

"Well her mother passed away, so she has no mother figure to coach her through these times."

"I'm not ha' motha why I care?"

"You don't have to be she just need some guidance and some tips." Veneer explained. "She's in the same position you were when you were her age and she needs the same thing you needed."

"What's that's supposed ta mean?"

"Ma she's pregnant and she needs an aid. Her dad won't help her and her mom's dead. She doesn't have any aunties and she's going off she guidance of her ex-boyfriend's baby mama."

There was a long pause before Grace heard murmuring and a door slam. She heard footsteps and pretended to be sleep. She cracked her eye open and watched Veneer take his shirt off getting ready for his shower.

"She so damn ugh." He growled going to the bathroom. Grace closed her eyes again, this time going to sleep.

"Deira I ain't tryna hear all that." Jerome said shaking his head.

"What's gotten into you?" She asked. "You haven't been the same since we came from yo mom's house."

"Nothing. I just ain't with that." He said. "If you wanna fuck straight, but miss me with that other shit."

"Whatever." Deria said shrugging. "I don't really care."

"Good." Jerome said walking out of his office. "I gotta drop to be at in 10."

Jerome drove to the meeting point and packed his gun. He got out and walked over to Grayson dapping him up. He did his handshake with Frank and nodded at Chris and Phresh.

"We waiting on them to show up then we can get started." As soon as he said that two vans pulled up and started shooting they got down and hid shooting back.

"Damn. I wish Tyler was here." Jerome growled as the vans did doughnuts taking turns shooting.

"Give us the product Grayson!" One guy yelled. Grayson growled and looked at the rest of them.

"Just give it to an before this car explodes." Phresh said.

"That's good money nigga." Chris said.

"Naw he right. It's too many of them for us to take." Grayson growled shaking his head. "Alright! Fine!" He yelled.

They stopped shooting and were still driving in circles and yelling. Grayson went in the trunk and got the case sliding on the ground. They picked it up and drove off.

"THANKS BITCHES!" He yelled flicking them off. Grayson stood up and punched the car leaving a dent.

"Fuck!" He screamed. Domingo and his crew pulled up and looked at Grayson.

"Man what the hell happened here?" He asked. "We heard the gunshots, but we got stopped by a train. You hear it."

"We just got robbed." Grayson said angrily. "Two vans. No licence plate, masks, unfamiliar voices. Unfamiliar guns. They wasn't my guns."

"All of it?" Grayson shook his head.

"That's where they fucked up." I gave them the case with my motion tracker and a few unimportant drugs. The real shit still in here. Domingo's eyes lit up.

"Great, so we still on?"

"Yeah but cops gonna show and it's not safe." Grayson said. "We have to reschedule."

"Shit. You are right." He said. "I'll be in touch."

They went their separate ways and Grayson was still mad. "What's wrong you still got your stuff, man."

"That tracker cost me 15,000. I don't even have enough product to make that up. On top of that my sister birthday coming up and she want a car."

"I'll help." Jerome offered.

"Nigga no." Grayson said.

"I just want her to know I still got her." Jerome said.

"I got it. I'll figure it out." Grayson said.