Prologue

"Jerome wake yo ass up!" Jerome's mother yelled coming into his room and throwing his blankets back. "I told you I wasn't going to wake you up. You are a senior now and you need to learn some responsibility." She rambled on hitting him with the pillow.

"Ok ma I'm up." Jerome murmured flipping over. "It won't happen again."

He got up stretching and scratching his balls. Today was the first day of his last year of high school. Considering how behind he was, he wasn't going anywhere until he did something with those grades of his. After a quick morning hygiene, he got dressed in his new clothes and sprayed on his favorite Ralph Lauren cologne.

"Fresh boy." He said to himself in the mirror. Grabbing his half empty backpack and taking the stairs two at a time he ended up in the kitchen.

"Bye mom." He said kissing her cheek and grabbing a granola bar.

"Bye baby, have a nice day at school." She said waving him off.

He locked the door behind him and unlocked his Charger getting in. He threw the granola bar out the window and instead went to Bugerking before pulling into good ole S.F. Chester Senior High School.

S.F. Chester Senior High School. Home of the Cheetahs. More like cheaters. The boys of this school and nothing, but players. Even the nerds have their fun. Located in the bad part of town it's filled with only the hoods finest. Nothing out in these streets, but guns and gangs led by their kingpin, and his heir Jerome.

Eye candy he is that boy. Dark caramel skin loaded with light freckles around his nose, deep dimples and thick curly hair. A tall built frame lined with tattoos. Captivating deep brown eyes complimented by a big pretty white smile. Smooth and sly too. You'll never know you've fallen into his trap until you're in tears.

And poor Grace. Grace was nobody new to the school, however she never stood out.

"Bye dad!" Grace cheered excitedly as she slipped into the school. For her final year of high school she wanted to make a statement. She started by ditching the night vision goggles for contacts and her baggy clothes for her ones she saved up all summer to buy.

She walked in with her head high, but immedaitly dropped it when she entered. After getting a glimpse of what the other kids were wearing, she no longer felt the navy blue dress and white gladiator sandals she had on was enough.

After finding her homeroom she quickly walked there with her head down. She wasn't aware of her surroundings until she ran into, Monica, one of most powerful girls in school.

"I'm sorry." Grace apologized lowly attempting to walk away.

"What bitch?" She asked loudly getting in Grace's face. "I don't want you to be sorry next time I want to to be careful or you're gonna get it." She looked Grace up and down.

Grace Walker is the sweet one stuck in the sour bunch. She's never stood up for herself and has always been pushed over. However she wasn't ugly. She had bright chocolate skin, jet black hair that stopped three inches under her shoulders, dark hazel eyes from her mother and a fair height. A very smart girl ranked #1 in her class she has no business where she's at, but with her dad struggling she has no choice. The next best school is out of district and she'll have no way there and back.

Grace pulled her phone out and examined herself. You still look better. She said to herself.

She was right. Compared to Monica, Grace was a first round pick. However, Monica opened her legs to any man that would spent a few bucks in her. She currently resided at Jerome's side. Considering they were the two most popular kids they figured it was only right to be together.