Chapter Eleven

Grace was mad Jerome didn't tell her he had a daughter. That should have been the first thing made known. She was absolutly adorable though. The next day Jerome came to pick Grace up for school he had another surprise for her.

"Bye dad." She said walking out.

"Bye sweetie." Gary said.

Grace got in Jerome's car and gave a quick smile buckling up. He stared at her until she looked at him and he leaned in to kiss her.

"Goodmorning." He said.

"Morning. Let's go I don't want to be late." She said looking out the window. He started driving and playing music. "Jerome it's way too early."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked. "You got in the car with attitude."

"I don't have an attitude." Grace said honestly. "What are talking about? And where are we going?"

"Calm down." He said. "You really think I'm taking you to school? Naw, we gonna spend some time together and get to know each other a little better."

"No Jerome I can't miss school today. Or at all. I won't skip with you. Take me to school." She said.

"You don't have a choice." He said. "You're staying because I need your help."

"This is kidnapping." Grace said. "Take me home."

"Look." He said grabbing her arm. "Trust me."

Grace sat back and folded her arms. "Ok, but why didn't you tell me you had a daughter?"

"It wasn't important. I don't have any custody over her, and I barely see her." He explained.

"That's not a good enough reason." She said looking away.

"Come on." He said getting out.

"Jerome I don't like this neighborhood get me out of here." Grace said.

"Come on you're safe with me." He said holding his hand out. Grace took it and rolled her eyes.

"I'm still not happy about missing school." She said swinging their arms back and forth.

"You'll get over it." He said unlocking the door. They went in and back to his room. "I need you to babysit for me."

"You kept me out of school to babysit your child?" Grace asked angrily. "You realize I'm the valedictorian right? And I cannot afford to get in trouble."

"I'll pay you." He said. "Just for a couple hours. I'll come right back."

"I can't take car of a baby." Grace said following Jerome. He stopped and turned around kissing her.

"You can do it. You're smart." He said leaving. Grace sighed and went back upstairs glaring at the baby. Camellia started whining and she smiled picking her up.

Jerome drove to his trap house and got out. He went inside and Yasmeen was talking to some other girls. He scoffed and walked over to her yanking her by her arm and dismissing the other girl.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"You know exactly why I'm here." She said placing her hand on the back of his neck and running her fingers through his hair.

"Oh yeah." He said looking away.

"You're not going to break your promise now are you?" She asked smiling.

"There are no excuses either you have my money or you don't." Chris yelled out.

Jerome went towards where he heard the yelling and Yameen followed. "Dude what's wrong with you?"

"Man I'll be back." He said storming out. Yasmeen closed the door behind him and smiled at Jerome.

"No interruptions." She said feeling in his chest. Jerome frowned and squeezed her butt.

He started thinking about how he had Grace at his house alone and that could be his chance. He pushed Yasmeen back.

"Not today." He said. "I got other plans. Can you leave so I could do some work?"

"Fine, but I'm not leaving. I'm here with Kaden, so you'll have to talk to him." She said flipping her hair and walking out.

"What's he doing here?" Jerome asked forrowing his eyebrows and pulling a blunt out and lighting it.

"I don't know." She said.

"This is my house. He's not supposed to just show up." Jerome told her. "He knows that."

Jerome went downstairs where the girls worked and saw Kaden hitting on one. He walked up and started choking him.

"What the hell man?" He asked kicking.

"Why are you here? You know what happens to tresspassers." Jerome said.

"Man, I came to pay you back." Jerome let him go. "I got ya money."

"Give it to me." Jerome said holding his hand out. "Is this all of it?"

"Yeah." Kaden said giving him the money. "We cool now?"

Jerome eyed him. "Get outta here." He said pushing him. They left and Jerome looked at the girls. "Well get back to work!" They jumped and looked away.

"Bring me a beer." He demanded walking away. He went to his office.

An hour later, Chris came back. Jerome shook his head and Chris sat down.

"I don't wanna talk about it." He said.

"Not like I actually care." Jerome said. Grayson walked in and looked between them.

"What are yall on ya periods?" He asked.

"What do you want?" Jerome asked changing positions.

"I brought in some new guys to shadow yall." Grayson explained. "You'll teach them everything they need to know to survive."

"Oh naw!" Chris said.

"I'll go get them." He said leaving. He came back his two young boys.

"Gray I'm not a babysitter. I have enough children at home." Jerome said looking at them.

"Look they belong here now." He said. "Come on. I'm trying to do some good. I just killed their parents."

"Kill them."

"We don't kill kids." He said pushing one towards Jerome who tried to stay back. "This is Saint. You'll clothe him and take him home. He's your personal miny me." He pushed the other towards Chris. "Same for you. This is Micheal."

"Why do I get the younger one?" Jerome asked.

"Because I'm older." Chris said.

"Whatever." He said standing up. "Well I got a drop to go to. Come on kid." Jerome walked out and Saint followed him looking sadly at his brother.

"So how old are you?" Jerome asked.

"Nine." Jerome looked back at him.

"And I'm supposed to teach you how to hold a gun?" He said to himself. "I guess you're never to young to learn."

"When can I go home?" He asked.

"You are home. We're your family now." Jerome explained getting in the car.