Chapter Twenty-Seven

Grace caught up with Jerome and grabbed his shoulder. "Hey, I'm not cheating on you."

"I just looked. I told you to stop talking to that nigga. He likes you. He wants to take you from me. And he'll try to talk you into it." Jerome said. "You're cheating until you cut him off."

"You think imma leave you?" Grace asked. Jerome stopped walking and turned around.

"I don't know!" He said. "Honestly. I'm not forcing you to stay so you can always leave."

"Come on Rome." Grace said making him look down at her.

"Don't call me that." He said. "Look, I still wanna be with you."

"So you wanted to break up?" She asked sadly.

"None. I'll see you after school." He said kissing Grace and going the other way.

"Ok." Grace said walking to class. She went the rest of the day depressed because she didn't want to lose her boyfriend.

"Ok, so we're going to the Library and then Saint was a doctor's appointment and I'll come back through to pick you up for our date." Jerome said when Grace got in.

"Mhm." Grace said. "Let's go."

"Smile?" Jerome said caressing her cheek. Grace smiled and shook her head.

"So we've been dating for five months." Grace said. "And we haven't celebrated yet."

"We talked about this." Jerome said.

"Ok, well do you love me at least?" Grace asked.

"Look Grace," Jerome said shifting I his seat. "I don't wanna hurt your feelings."

"So no?" Grace asked.

"Do you love me?" Jerome asked.

"I think so, but I can't say it." Grace said.

"So no. Glad we on the same page." Jerome said parking. They got out and went inside finding a table.

"So what's the matter today?" Grace asked trying to not let her feelings show.

"What's wrong baby? I can tell by your voice." Jerome asked softly. Grace felt a tear run down her face and she looked down hiding her face. Jerome rolled his eyes mentally sighed and put a caring front on. "Awe, Grace." Jerome said getting up and kneeling by her side.

"Can you get your work out?" She asked.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong?" He said hugging her and running her back. He wiped her eyes and poked his lip out.

"It's just that we don't feel the same way about each other." She said taking a few breathes between.

"Just because I can't say I love you, doesn't mean I don't." He said to her. "You hold a special place in my heart."

"Jerome, let's get started." Grace said trying to sit back.

"No. Not yet." Jerome said holding her. "I want you to stop crying."

"I'm not," she paused sniffling. "Crying."

"When you gonna learn to stop lying to me?" Jerome asked. "Grace that was the truth. I really do like you, and I have love for you, but I just don't love you."

"Ok, don't keep saying that." Grace growled pushing Jerome back.

"How can you get mad at me?" Jerome asked. "Really?"

"Because you are wasting my time." Grace said. "We're in relationship and have been for five months and you don't make me feel special. You don't buy me anything, you barely take me out, you don't wanna celebrate anything, you don't love me, and were not having sex."

Jerome sat still, staring at her. He felt his anger rising, but he didn't want to hurt her. She was already loud and the librarian came over to shush them. Jerome just stood up shaking his head. He packed all his things up and put his book bag on his back walking out. He didn't even tell Grace she needed to find a ride home.

"Shit, all I wanna do is fuck, and she got me feelin some type of way about what she said." Jerome said to himself driving off. "I can't be catching feelings for the broad."

He drove over Grayson's house where everybody was and got out knocking on the door. Desmond opened the door with a smile.

"Jerome! So nice to see you." Desmond said.

"Move." Jerome said coming in. "Where's Frank?"

"They're in Grayson's office." Desmond said sitting back on the couch.

"Did you move in or something?" Jerome asked.

"No, but I'm trying." He answered shrugging. "My mom kicking me out, so I'm trying to get on his good side."

"You not looking for a relationship are you?"

"Of course not. We just fucking." He said. "But if that's what happens it happens."

"Wassup man?" Grayson asked coming downstairs with Frank.

"Oh I need to talk to Frank." Jerome said walking towards them.

"What?" Frank asked following him. "I thought you had shit to do."

"I did, so me and Grace fell out again. Except what she was saying had me feeling some time of way." Jerome said. "Like she was asking me did I love her and shit."

"Dude, just get out of there now and give me my money." Frank said.

"Naw, you not letting me finish." Jerome said. "What she was saying was actually getting to me, and I think I feel for her. Just a little."

"Man I don't wanna hear this shit. You just tripping. Look come with us tonight and forget about Grace for a few hours.

"You're probably right." Jerome said. "I think I'm going delusional from lack of pussy."

"That sounds right."

"Yeah." Jerome said nodding and walking back out with everyone.