Chapter Twenty-Five

Grace was super excited to be at the science expo and she dragged Grayson around everywhere making him buy her stuff she liked. He was super bored, but played like he wasn't for Grace.

"Ooo, hello ma." Grayson said stopping and looking some little boys mom up and down. She scoffed and grabbed his hand walking away.

"Stop embarrassing me." Grace said.

"If I gotta be here imma enjoy it." Grayson said.

"You're not enjoying spending time with me?" Grace asked sadly.

"Of course not." Grayson said. "I hate you."

"Good to know." Grace said pouting.

"Get out ya heart I'm playing." He said solfty punching her shoulder.

"I know." She pouted. "That hurt."

"Cheer up. I'm here with you." Grayson said. "Go look at your bacteria and body fluids or whatever."

Grace smiled and continued to lead Grayson around the place. "This is that brother/sister bonding time we need." Grace said. "We need to do this more often."

"Then it's not special anymore." He said. "How much longer you plan on staying?"

"Till I feel like leaving." She said. "Then we can do whatever you want."

After another three hours making sure she saw everything, Grayson drove them to get something to eat and then the mall. "Shopping spree, shopping spree." Grayson cheered walking around.

"I don't need anything." Grace said.

"I'm sure you'll see something you like." Grayson said.

"I want a car." Grace said.

"Keep dreaming kiddo." He said patting her back.

"I hate being driven around." Grace said.

"Look at this shirt." Grayson said changing the subject. "We should get one."

"I don't care." Grace said.

"That's a yes. What size you wear?" He asked holding a medium against her. "Here you go." She took it and Grayson looked for one himself.

"Graphic tees aren't really my thing." Grace said. "We don't do any cool sibling shit. We at least gotta do a matching picture so I can set it as my lockscreen."

"Ok." Grace said. She finally got a call from Jerome and she quickly answered before her brother saw the name. "Hello?"

"Hey Grace, uh...where are you?" Jerome asked. "I figured you was avoiding me and we'd be on for tutoring, but I ain't seen you since yesterday and you ain't return my text."

"I'm out of town." Grace said. "I forgot to tell you. I'll be back tomorrow." She said. "I'm busy so I have to go."

"Ight, I'll call you tonight." He said. "Bye." She hung up and Grayson was nowhere to be found.

She almost called him, but saw something that caught her eye so she walked into the store. She started going through the clothes and picking out things she thought Jerome would like on her. It was a lot of short shirts and shorts, crop tops and strapless tops. She purchased with her money because she didn't want Grayson know she bought such things and his then in her other bag.

"Where were you?" Grayson asked walking up behind her. Grace jumped and turned around. "You don't need nothing from in here. Let's go."

They left and Grace scouted for things appealing to her eye this time. She picked a lot of shoes and pants, forgetting the shirts and dresses.