Chapter 74

50 years later

"Grandma." Liam smiled, "Yeah." "Did you always love Grandad?" Connie nodded "Always." "Even when he got sick?" "Of course." She smiled. Liam nodded "What made you love him?" "Lots of things." She smiled. "Is Grandad better now though?" "Yep, better better better." She laughed, "Not that he'd ever have backed down." She added.

Jacob strolled back through the door, just as Liam was leaving with his mum, Grace. "Hello you." She smiled, "Hello to you to." He smiled sitting down next to her, "Liam was asking some very weird questions." "Like what?" "If I always loved you." "Did you?" He smirked, "Yes, Jacob I think you know that... you may have had cancer but, it didn't affect your memory now did it?" The pair laughed "No but, seriously. I've never not loved you." She added "Not even the time I broke your heels?" Both laughed "I was mad-" "You can say that again." "But, I still loved you."

"Think about how different things would be if we didn't stay together?" He smiled, "I don't even want to... I like this version of my life." He smiled "So we are retired now and your better I was thinking..." "You were thinking what?" He laughed "We go on those holiday days we never made while we were younger." "I really do like your thinking sweetcheeks." He smiled, "I'm glad Muscles." "Although after Christmas... the lot of them will miss us too much." She laughed, "How many of them is there now?" "Grace and James have three, Liam ten, Jake, seven and Ella four. Then we have Ivie and Ryan who have two, kyle four Ben two. Then Noah and Emily with Charlotte... so that makes..." " Twelve with parents and six without." He smiled "Presisly... I never realised how big the family had gotten." She smiled.

"I'm glad we grew old together." She smiled, "Old. You are you calling old." He laughed "Both of us." She smiled, "Brew?" She added "Ooo, I'd kill for one." "The get up and make it yourself." She laughed, "That was cold Connie Masters." She laughed, "I love you too." She smiled before walking off into the kitchen. Her life and his were truly better than either could have asked for.