Chapter 61

"Me and Noah are going to baby massage and then we will pop in." Connie smiled over to Jacob as she applied her usual make up, "Alright, Want me to take the girls?" "Yeah sure , if you don't mind." She smiled, "Course not." He smiled and kissed her, she laughed at the lipstick that transfered onto his, "Does it suit me?" "Not this one." She chuckled as she wiped it away. He laughed and kissed her head, "You are so beautiful." He whispered into her ear, she blushed a shade of crimson. "You aren't that bad if I'm honest." She smirked, he lifted her off the stool making her squeele, he laughed watching her. He gently kissed her before placing her down, "I love you Sweetcheeks." "I love you too, Muscles." "Dad! We are going to be late." Grace called up the stairs with a slight sigh, "I suppose that's my que." He winked, she shook her head with a roll of her eyes. She kissed him once more before he left and took the girls to school.

"Good morning Munchkin." Connie cooed as she walked into her sons nursery, she grabbed him out the crib. Feeding him and getting him ready in just over and hour, she left for baby massage. Where Jacob dropped the girls off and made his way into the ED, he smirked seeing Max and Zoe kiss but, Continued on into work. "No Connie?" Noel smiled "No, she's taking Noah to some massage class thing. I don't know, she'll be in later." He smiled, Noel nodded with a smile.

Connie left the class once finished and packing up, she watched as Noah wriggled slightly making her chuckle. Connie had in fact bought a baby carrier, a wrap style one. She had done much research and realised half the ones you by in shops are actually quite harmful, especially where the baby was facing out wards. She'd learnt about a thing called T.I.C.K.S, T- tight I- in view at all times C- close enough to kiss K- keep chin off the chest S- supported back. She also knew the baby's legs had to be in what they called the ' M position' which is where the baby's legs rest on you stomach in the shape of an M, or that the child's knees are higher than the baby's bottem. This is to help prevent, if not stop, the child having hip displasia and dislocation. With her medical knowledge it made perfect sense, babies are naturally flexible and because the edges of the socket are made of soft cartilage like the cartilage in the ear. If the hips are forced into a stretched-out position too early, the ball is at risk of permanently deforming the edges of the cup shaped socket or gradually slipping out of the socket altogether. Which means leaving the legs to dangle was unrecomended and the Middle, she bought a high end baby carried which should support the thigh and allow the legs to spread to keep the hip in a stable position and in her eyes it did just that.

She strolled through the end, walking to Jacob's office placing her bag down. She then continued to the Staff room grabbing herself a drink, she was walking back when she saw Jacob. She came over "Hey you." She smiled, "Hey." He smiled "So look, I could help out know." She smirked "Don't start." He laughed as they strolled to the office, "What upsets me more is you are still wearing those heels." The pair laughed, "How was it?" "Oh hair extensions, nails, the whole five tons of make up." Jacob laughed, "You know one woman, if you could call her a woman more a girl.turnes round and was like 'This kid eats me out of house and home, I never expected her to coast so much.' What did she expect honestly." "Take it that you aren't planning on going back?" "Yeah, I'll pass." The pair laughed.

Charlie strolled in, "Yeah, I suppose I'll see you later." He shut the door, leaving it unknown who he was speaking to. Connie turned and smiled at him, "You okay?" "Aren't I always." He smiled, with a slight spring in his voice making Connie arch an eyebrow. He began to type away at his computer, Connie turned back to Jacob "Please." She begged, "Please what?" "Let me help out... just cubicals I promise. I'll get someone else if I can't, I have free hands please." Charlie laughed listening to her. "Let me think... No." He smiled and kissed her head, she followed him making him frown, "I don't have to follow your rules Jacob... remember who the real boss is." She smirked, "Fine cubicals, with me." She  nodded, he looked at a soundless Noah, "He looks so warm and happy." She laughed as they walked up to a cubical.

Connie did her usual introduction, the woman smiled, "The little one?" "Noah." She smiled back before being to examine the woman, "bloods, LFT's, FBC's, U's and get her sent up for a chest x-ray." Connie smiled, at Jacob. He nodded "Queen M is on form today." He smirked, "Yeah, yeah just do your Job Muscles." She smirked back forgetting a patient was present. "How long have you been together?" "Just a sharp scratch." Jacob smiled, "Five years." Connie smiled, "Any other children?" "Together we have two but, my other daughter calls him dad anyway." Connie looked over to Jacob and sighed "You still do it so wrong." "Right have I got the blood? Yes. Is the patient in pain? Doesn't seem it. Is she pouring with blood? No. I think it's all good." He laughed, "Still wrong." She narrowed her eyes, "Whatever you say sweetcheeks." She rolled her eyes, the woman laughed with a smile at their nicknames. "Anyway you shouldn't even be working so keep that shut or I'll send you to my office." Connie laughed at him "I thought I was Queen M?" "Not now." He smiled she laughed as Noah gently began to stir. "Get me as soon as the x-ray comes back or if anything changes." Connie smiled, Jacob nodded.

-------

"I take it this is going to be a regular occurrence now, you coming and working." Jacob looked as he drove, Noah now in his car seat. "I just get a bit lonely at home, so probably." "Only small things then." He glanced knowing she wouldn't back down. "Okay." She smiled, "Anyway I have a treat for you later." She whispered seductively making him smirk.

AN: the reason I know so much on the whole baby carrying thing is my mum uses then with my baby brothers and she's always going on so yeah. Sorry if that was a bit boring or this chapter wasn't up to it's usual standard.