Chapter 24

"Ugh!" Connie yelled as she threw another top on the floor, "Mummy?" Grace came in "Are you okay?" She looked at her, "Yeah, you go and get ready I'll be in soon." She smiled, Jacob sat up as Grace left "Con?" He looked at her, "Yeah." She looked at him, "What's wrong?" "Nothing fits me, not well enough to hide it anyway." She sighed, "So." He yawned, "Jacob just wake up before you make a comment." She shook her head as she looked back to her now nearly empty wardrobe. He signed standing up, he came and wrapped his arms around her resting his chin on her shoulder, "I know you are stressed but, what I was saying was I'm not bothered about people finding out." "But you were the one worried." She lent her head back, "No I didn't want people talking badly about Us and our baby." He replied matter of factly, she sighed as she moved her hands on top of his. "Calmer now?" He added, she nodded and smiled. "We can go shopping after work if you like?" He smiled, she nodded "Sorry for being moody Muscles." He kissed her shoulder "Don't worry." He smiled.They managed to get to work on time, to Connie's surprise she'd had not been questioned.

"Nurse Miller, are you seriously that incompetent?!" She yelled, "Sorry Ms.Beauchamp." She spoke quietly. Connie rolled her eyes, Jacob came up behind her "Calm it Connie." He whispered before continuing on with work, "Sorry Nurse Miller that was slightly out of order, just next time please follow my instructions." She walked off to the Staff room. Soon after Max came in, "So Connie, you pregnant?" He smiled, "What?" She stared, "No one else has managed to pick up on it but, Moody, slightly larger around the stomach and if I'm honest the breasts-" "Wow! Did you have to be so honest." She sighed, "Sorry, I'll take that as a yes then." Connie didn't reply. Jacob came in "What we talking about?" He smiled as he boiled the kettle "Just how, I'm moody, slightly larger around the stomach and if he's honest the breasts." She glared at Max. "Well done idiot." Jacob shook his head, "Sorry." He smiled and left.

He sat next to her, "Ignore him." "But, I have been moody and I have got larger." "You're carrying a baby... and your breasts getting bigger, I'm not going to complain." He smirked causing her to laugh. He kissed her forehead "Now, will you ignore him?" She nodded "Come on let's go and get this shift over, she nodded standing up.

"Alright, Can you sit forward for me?" Connie smiled at the patient, the older man nodded and lent forward as connie pressed her stethoscope against his back, "Breath in." She spoke. Jacob brushed past her as he went to grab something, "I'll book the X-ray." He smiled, she nodded and smiled back. "Okay, Mr. George, we are sending you for an X-ray." Connie smiled before glancing over at Jacob, who was laughing with Elle. "Is he the dad?" The patient questioned, he head snapped back. "You know, the Porter here and you are the only people who have worked it out yet and yes he is." She smiled proudly. He nodded, "You together then?" She nodded and looked back, "He's a really good guy, he helped me even though he hardly knew him." She fought back the tears, "Ahh, so why are you staring at him?" "That woman and him were school friends, they get on really well. He says it nothing to worry about but, I'm I guess not as perfect as her. In my eyes a lot happened." She sighed, "Do you trust him?" She looked back "With my life." "Well then, whatever happened seems pointless to think about. Remember who he's having a kid with, remember who he wakes up to. You not her." He smiled, "Thank you." She smiled "It's okay." He smiled as he watched her leave.

Jacob stood leaning on the nurses station, listening to Elle, he watched as Connie walked past. Without an word he grabbed her hand and pulled her to him, she giggled slightly. Elle rolled her eyes "Jacob are you evening listening?" "Not really." He laughed before looking back at Connie as Elle stormed off. "That wasn't very nice Muscles." She smirked, "She'll get over it anyway, what were you two talking about." He raised an eyebrow. "Oh just his X-ray." "Lies Beauchamp. You never lie and you can't lie." She rolled her eyes "Fine. You." "What about me?" "Just general questions, then he asked if I trusted you and I said with my life and that was really it." She smiled, he smiled back and kissed her.

------------

"Do we have to go shopping?" Connie sighed, "You need clothes." "I know but I'm tired, I'd rather just shop online anyway." She smiled, "Obviously but, I thought you'd want to go shopping." He smiled back. "Pub?" Elle smiled at Jacob, "No, I don't play out that much on school nights. Anyway we have Firecracker to get back to." He smiled, "Well can't Connie do that?" "She is here you know and maybe I want to get back to her. Like I said I don't really go anymore." He sighed before walking with Connie.

"I really don't think she likes me." Connie looked at Jacob as he got in the car, "Well I do, mine and her history means nothing when it comes to you and Firecracker, I mean it aswell con." He looked back at her, she smiled and looked down. He ran his hands through her hair "I love you, not her. You, only you. She means nothing to me compared to you." He added, "It's just I don't want to be the reason you lose a friend." She looked back, "She'll have done that herself, not you." He smiled and kissed her before driving, "I love you too." She smiled at him.

By the time they had got home Grace was asleep in bed, Connie sat on the sofa shopping with her head on Jacobs thigh, "How about we order in?" He smiled, she nodded. Her phone buzzed, she read the reminder and sighed, "Connie?" She looked at him "Just a reminder that court is in a few days." She sighed, "Hey, you will be okay. I'll be there like I promised every step of the way." She smiled "I know." "Good he added, "Now where shall we order from?" He questioned, "Chinese?" She smiled "Anything for my second favorite girl." She frowned "Second?" He nodded "Grace is first." He smirked, she laughed slightly "But I'm you favourite." "Maybe." He laughed before being stopped by her lips pressing against his "Okay maybe you might be my favourite." He added