Chapter 17

"Hi." The new consultant spoke, as the pair walked out. Connie looked as Jacob spoke "Hey, I never got your name." "Oh.. Scarlet. Shouldn't you still be resting." She looked at Connie, "What?" Connie frowned "The new consultant." She replied "Oh. No I shouldn't now I'm going to be late." Connie sighed, as she walked outside. "Sorry. She's got a lot on." Jacob smiled "Doesn't mean she cab treat people like that." She looked at him. "You don't understand. Please just drop it." He followed Connie outside, she was stood staring at a car. "Sweetcheeks." "It's his... he's here." She looked at Jacob. "He was let out less than twenty four hours ago. Would he be that stupid?" She glared at him "Oh so I'm a liar now! That's his car Jacob." She walked off to the car, he sighed and grabbed her arm pulling her back "I never said that now did I?" He looked at her "But you questioned me." She looked down "No, I didn't think he'd be stupid enough to turn up here, not that I didn't belive you." She nodded and hugged him.

They were getting in the car when, Jacob noticed Scarlet and Cal leaving the flats. He stared, Connie followed his gaze. "Jacob why is she with him?" He shook his head, "I don't know but, if he turns up here again I'm going to lose it." He watched them kiss before driving off. "At least he will leave me alone." She smiled, he nodded "Yeah. But he has bail conditions and that's one broke Connie." "I know but he didn't do anything I don't want any more issues that will just cause one." He looked at her "Alright... now I believe we have houses to look at." She nodded as he began to drive. She looked out the window, the woman who was dating her abusive ex saved her life and lives in the same flats as Jacob, he was never going to leave her alone no matter how hard she tried. His free hand fell to her thigh, she turned her head and forced a smile, "Talk to me Con." He pleaded "It's just he's never going away. He's going to constantly be at the hospital now." He sighed knowing everything she said was true, "Unless he gets sent down." "Oh yeah course, he'll get a slap on the writs and told not to do it again... that if they even believe me." She snapped, "Hey. Course they believe you-" "I have no proof it's my word against his Jacob. He's not going to admit it." "You don't know that." "Don't I? I think I do!... just take me home." He sighed and continued to drive, "I said take me home." She sighed "I will when I can fine somewhere to turn around calm it." "Did you seriously just tell me to calm it! How can I be calm Jacob. You know what don't take me home take me to Charlie's." "Connie I didn't mean it like that." "Take me to Charlie's Jacob and don't bother following me in."

The rest of the journey was silent, not their usual comfortable one but, not angry. He sighed as they pulled up outside, "You don't have to do this." He looked at her "No I do, because today I've been accessed of being a liar and told to calm down when I have nothing to be calm about." She went to get out the car "Who's picking Grace up?" "Me obviously." She snapped before getting out the car and walking to Charlie's door.

"Connie?" "Can I stay here?" She looked at him, he nodded still looking confused. She steped inside, Charlie glanced back to Jacob who had his head rested firmly on steering wheel. He closed the door and went and sat on the sofa facing Connie. "What's going on?" "We had an argument." "So does everyone Connie." Charlie said softly "Yeah well he's called me a liar and that's one thing I'm not, he told me to calm down... I have nothing to be calm about, Cal's going to be everywhere I go now because his new girlfriend happenes to be Scarlet who also lives in the flats-" "Connie breath... you think he isn't struggling too? He is doing his best and you know it. Sometimes we make mistakes." She didn't say anything for a while, "I've messed this up haven't I?" She sighed. Charlie stood up and walked to the window seeing Jacob still sat there in the car, "I'd say you have about three minutes to get the hell out there and plan on doing what you were doing." Connie came to join him, "I'm not up to doing what we had planned now." "Connie Beauchamp shut up, make new plans but, don't lose a good one. You have had too much bad." She smiled and hugged him.

Jacob looked over and stepped out the car, he came and hugged her. She smiled for a second "Jacob... that hurts a little." She winced. He loosened ever so slightly, "Sorry." "It's fine." "For before too." She shook her head, "I over reacted." "You had a right too." He smiled "No, you have this just as bad." She looked down, "I sometimes forget that this is hard on you too." She sighed he lifter her head slightly, their gaze met "It is but, I only want what's best for you and Grace." He smiled "It know... I'm sorry." He frowned "Don't be." She nodded, "It haven't lost you have I?" "It will take more than that Beauchamp." He laughed, she smiled and kissed him passionately. He rested his forehead against hers "It love you so much." She smiled, "I love you more." He smiled back before kissing her again. Charlie smiled as he watched the pair through the window before returning to his tv. "Want to go home?" He looked at her, she shook her head, "We need to look." He nodded and drove.

-------------
"It liked that one." She smiled "Do we really we need the in door pool?" He frowned "Jacob I liked the house forget the pool... don't tell me you didn't like it." He raised and eyebrow "Alright it's nice." "No it's gorgeous and it's closer to work." "Why's that a good thing?" He looked at her blankly "Means we can lie in longer." She whispered seductively, a smirked formed on his lips "Now you mention it, it's a really nice house." The pair laughed before going to collect Grace.

"How long till we could move in?" Jacob asked at Connie, "They said two weeks." Jacob nodded and smiled "If you like that house we can buy that house." She smiled "Really?" "Yes." He laughed "What house?" Grace frowned "We are moving." Connie looked at her "Is Jacob coming?" "Of course I am Firecracker." He smiled "But I like my room now." "This one has a pool and you'd have a bigger room." "Really?" She gasped, Connie sniggered "Yeah really." Jacob laughed "Well then I'm okay with it." She added "Glad I got your opinion missy." Connie smiled