Chapter 53

"Mum! What Is it?" Grace squeeled as both girls bounded on the bed, "A baby." Connie laughed, Grace frowned "Not funny. Seriously." Grace folded her arms, "Oh don't worry I'm fine." Connie smiled, "Mummy. Please tell us." Ivie smiled. Jacob came back to join them, "Well..." Connie turned to Jacob, "It's a boy." He smiled. Both girls smiled and hugged them both tight. "I can't wait!" Grace smiled, "Me either." Ivie said slightly less enthusiastic. Grace hopped off the bed and skipped to her own room, to tell her friends. Jacob went to get a drink for himself and Connie.

"Ivie?" "Yeah." She looked, "What's wrong?" Ivie sighed "Well I'm just going to be in the way now." Connie hugged her tight "Never!" Ivie smiled sadly "But, I'm your baby bug and now you are having a new baby." Connie nodded "Yeah, you are my baby bug and no one can replace you ever! And now there is going to be a new baby but, I'll still love you the same." Ivie nodded "Daddy will too?" "I promise." She smiled "How was school?" "Okay." She smiled. Connie nodded and kissed her head, "I love you lots mummy." "I love you more... my baby bug." Ivie laughed as Connie tickled her. Jacob came in, "Don't we daddy?" Connie smiled "Don't we what?" He smiled placing the drinks down, "Still love our baby bug just the same." Jacob came and joined Connie tickling her "Always!"

Grace laughed at the three of them before, Jacob grabbed her and tickled her too "Dad!" She laughed "We love you too." He chucked "I know!... please... stop!' She laughed. They both stopped, Grace winked at Grace who ran out the room, Ivie followed. Jacob passed Connie her drink before sitting on the bed with her, Sid still lay fast asleep on the end of the bed missing the whole ordeal.

"Grace!" Ivie put her hand to her mouth in shock, "What they tickled us and it's not that much." Grace laughed, as did Ivie as she took a glass. They walked back into the room hiding them behind their backs, Ivie walked round to her fathers side where Grace stayed at her mothers. Both of them frowned "Go!" Grace yelled, they both threw the water over the pair. "Grace, Ivie-J I'd be running." Connie squeeled, both girls ran "They got us back." Jacob laughed. "I thought you'd know by now, no one beats me." She smirked before getting out the bed. Grace and Ivie stood on the landing, laughed not hearing Connie creep up behind them, she grabbed them both passing the water to them. "Mummy." Ivie laughed "Well, you should have expected it." Connie laughed.

The girls were soon in bed, Jacob could see something was on Connie's mind, "Sweetcheeks?" She looked over "Talk?" He smiled passing her a hot chocolate, she took it and sat at the breakfast counter. He sat turning the chair to face her, "What if he really hurts her?" She sighed, "You tried con." "Not hard enough." "If he does you can't blame yourself Connie." "But I will... that was me and if it wasn't for you I'd probably still be there or worse dead... she just needs someone Jacob and she has no one." She tucked some lose hair behind her ear gently wiping under her eyes. He sighed, "I know sweetcheeks." She looked up at him. "I do have an idea though." He added, she nodded. "Tomorrow is Elle's morning off, we get everyone together. Let them know... Maybe she will confide in someone." Connie smiled and nodded, he kissed her forehead. She placed her hand on top of his.

They sat in silence for a while, every now and then taking sips of their drinks. Connie stood up and moved to his lap, he smiled and kissed her cheek. She released a breath, "What else is on your mind?" Connie shook her head "Nothing." "Connie don't you think I'm an idiot?" "No." She sighed, "We have this every year. You think I forget too and you know I don't so just cry." "I don't want to cry that's all I've done lately." "Connie you miss him and that's fine." He smiled "It's not till Thursday it's fine." "Connie." "Jacob." He chucked slightly, "Look he was your dad of course you miss him." "I just wish I'd have got five more minutes Jacob." "Well you didn't, I know that's though for you but, you didn't. Now would your dad want you crying every year? I don't think so. He will be so proud of you Con and the last thing he'd want is you crying for weeks on end." She sighed "I know but I just wish he'd have been here longer. To make up for all those years." "You know as well as I do he never could." She nodded knowing he was right.

After a while the pair went up to bed, they lay watching a flim of Connie's choice. He noticed her dose off making him smile, he turned the tv off when he thought she was completely asleep. His phone buzzed, he picked it up reading a message from Zoe, Don't tell Connie! I'm coming back well I've just landed. Apparently Elle is leaving and They wanted me back as clinical lead. Just wanted to let you know also Max knows. We are going to talk. I hope everything with the girls and the pregnancy are well. I should see you tomorrow. Jacob chucked not noticing Connie look up "Who is it?" She some sleepily "Well she told me not to tell you but, I can't help it when you are all tired and dopey-" "I'm not dopey." "It's Zoe, she's over for a visit." Connie nodded and smiled "Her and Max are 'talking'" He laughed, Connie did too. "Night Muscles, love you." "Night, I love you too sweetcheeks."