Chapter 22

Connie stormed out of resus trying to hide the tears, she slammed her office door shut warning everyone to stay away. However, Jacob knew that it was a cry for help, even if she didn't like to admit it. Everyone stared as they watched him enter, making sure he shut the door and blinds. He walked over to the sofa where she sat sobbing, without a single word he held her closely allowing her to sob into his chest, "It's okay." He whispered as he ran his hand up and down soothingly, he placed kisses in her hair. She loved how he never pressured her, which made her want to tell him. "She was five Jacob." She cried, he knew she found deaths hard but particularly children, "You tried everything Sweetcheeks, you know that." She nodded and stayed there.

"She is awfully cranky." Scarlet laughed, everyone shook their head and a few walked away. "We just lost a five year old. It's quite close to home to her, I'm sure all she pictures is losing her little girl." Robyn yelled, "Step away Robyn." Alicia smiled, "No! She has done nothing but cause trouble! No one want you hear just leave!" She yelled at Scarlet, "Robyn with me." Zoe glared, Robyn sighed and left with Zoe. "What is everyone's problem?!" Scarlet looked at them, "You have caused way to much trouble." Lofty glared, "How?" "For a start you are causing Ms.Beauchamp hassle and secondly you tried to break off a married couple, I don't get why Zoe hasn't had you by the neck." He sighed and walked away. She walked over to Connie's office banging on the door, "Go away!" Connie called, "No!" She yelled as she opened the door. "I'm leaving! This department is horrible." Connie rolled her eyes "Go to Hanssen not me and insult my team one more time I dare you!" Connie yelled at the woman before her, everyone now looking "That team out there. Work harder than you have since you joined, that team out there are kind caring people! Yes we all argue and probably dislike certain people but, one thing we don't do is let eachother be insulted by someone who thinks they can waltz in here like they own the place! They are all amazing people, this ED it's a family, a dysfunctional but a family, maybe you just don't fit in around here, now get out of this ED!" She yelled, Scarlet sighed and walked to the Staff room before leaving, everyone stood still looking at Connie, never had she ever praised them. Connie smiled at them "Work shows over?" She shut the door and sat back down.

Jacob stared at her, "Did that feel good?" He smirked, "Genuinely, it did." She smiled, he smiled back "How's baby bug today?" He questioned trying to change the subject, "Behaving for a change, I've managed not to be sick." She laughed, as did he. "You do realise that they are never going to let you down for that little scene out there." He looked at her with an arched eyebrow, she nodded. "Anyway... you haven't been to the pub in a while." She looked at him "And?" He frowned "Maybe we should go after work today." She smiled, "We?" He smiled, "Yes we." She laughed, "Grace?" "Nadia said she would pick her up and watch her." Connie smiled, Jacob smiled and kissed her. ""I love you Ms.Beauchamp" "I love you too Staff Nurse Masters." She smiled and kissed him again, which became heated. There was a knock on the door, "We need you out in cubicals." Charlie. Connie sighed and kissed him quickly before they left to work.

-----------

They were all gathering their things "Pub?" Max smiled at Jacob thinking he already knew the answer "Yes actually." He smiled, "I'll meet you there." He added before walking over to Connie's office who sat waiting, he smiled at her, "You ready sweetcheeks?" She nodded and stood up taking his hand as they walked over to the pub where everyone was.

"Ms.Beauchamp today though! I never knew she though of us like that." Robyn gawked, "Maybe she isn't so crule after all." Jack chipped in, "Maybe she actually has a heart somewhere in there." Rita laughed, "Too far." Zoe glared along with everyone else. Connie pretend as if she haddn't heard them all speaking about her. She came and sat down with Jacob, they all looked at her confused. "Ms.B what would you like to drink?" Robyn smiled, "It's Beauchamp and you can all call me Connie here. And just a lemonade please." She smiled, "Jacob?" Robyn smiled, "Just a diet coke freckles." He smiled. Connie frowned at Jacob, "Just because I can't drink doesn't mean you can't." She whispered, "Maybe I don't want too." He smiled, she smiled back. "So are we getting a new consultant?" Alicia smiled, "Probably... we are all getting a new clinical lead anyway so I suspect Hanssen will bring someone new in." She smiled, everyone's heads jolted "Are you leaving?" Zoe looked at her friend, "No! You would know by now. Just not longer Henricks puppet." She smiled, Zoe smiled back, "Why are you quiting?" Lofty smiled, "I just want to." She smiled as Jacob moved his arms around her waist. She smiled up at him.

They sat and chatted for what seemed like hours, Connie began to get tired and everyone was pretty drunk. Jacob looked down at Connie, "Want to go?" He smiled brushing some hair out of her face, she smiled back "Whatever you want to do." She smiled, a few members of staff watched the pair. "Come on Sweetcheeks." He smiled as he pressed her lips against her forehead. She smiled and stood up along with him. They said their goodbyes and left.

"Starting to make friends back there." He smirked, she smiled they got into the car. She looked out the window while Jacob drove, he glanced over noticing her eyes flickering open and  shut he smiled as her hands drew circles on his thigh. He looked back over as they arrived home, she sat sleeping. He chuckled slightly and got out lifting her gently and carrying her in. Nadia looked over, "Thank you Nadia, I'll get you the money two seconds." She nodded and smiled as Jacob carried her up to bed. Before retuning to Nadia.

He carefully climbed into bed, Connie rolled over to her usual position. He smiled and kissed her head as he watched her "I know you're sleeping but, it hurts me to think someone treated you so badly. I love you so much, I love Grace so much and I'm going to love our baby so much... sometimes I really do wonder why you chose to tell me, sometimes I wonder what you see in me but, then I remember you telling me I think to much-" "Yeah you do." She stretched, "How much did you hear?" He sighed "All." She smiled at him, "I love you too Muscles and I told you because I don't know really but, something about you made me. And I choose to be with you because I love you and I've told you why I love you." She smiled and kissed him passionately before returning to her position, where they both soon fell asleep