Chapter 9

Connie walked down the path leading to the ED, sporting her blue coat and infamous heels. "Hanssen, I told you I'll have the reports on your desk by Friday." She sighed down the phone "Ms Beauchamp, I need them as soon as possible and I don't think that is." "If you forgot, I do have a three year old to care for and an entire department, I think your paperwork can wait till Friday." She replied bluntly, "I understand but, I want this paperwork by tomorrow afternoon." "Afternoon?! How-" She let out a squeele as someone grabbed her, "Ms Beauchamp?" She felt the kisses down her neck, "Sorry Hanssen I'm going to have to go... it will be done by Friday morning." "Ms. Beauchamp what is going on?" "Resus." She ended the call.

"Jacob Masters, you are going to get me in serious trouble." She looked at him "Your the one who put the phone down." He smirked "Shut up." She laughed, he smiled watching her, before placing a gentle kiss on her lips. "What If someone sees?" She questioned, "I don't care... do you?" "No but, I just don't want to this to be gossip and people twist things." He smiled as she looked down "Oh Connie Beauchamp, where is that cold hearted bitch everyone talks about?" He smiled before gently lifting her head, when she didn't reply. "I know you are non of those things sweetcheeks and I don't care what they think." He smiled, she blushed a little "Stop it, your making me have those butterflies again." She smiled, he kissed her passionately. Her phone buzzed, she pulled away to look letting out a sigh.

"Sweetcheeks?" "Nadia. She's Ill, just what I need." "Firecracker can come with me don't worry." "Jacob she's three." "I know I live with the pair of you, I'll look after her." "You have work." "So do you plus you need to get back into Hanssen's good books." She nodded Gently. He kisser her "Now go work Beauchamp." "Remember who the boss is." She smirked as she walked away to the department.

"JACOB!" Grace squeeled as she ran over to him, he picked her up and hugged her, forgetting that prying eyes were around. "Hey Firecracker." He laughed, Grace removed her hat, some of the staff began to notice how comfortable Grace was around him leaving them confused. "Can we have pizza for tea?" She smiled, "Course... if your mum says." "You know my room?" He nodded "Can I still paint it whatever colour I like?" "Yeah!" "Pink!" She smiled "Deal." He nodded, "When can I talk about mummy living with you?" She whispered "Not yet." Grace nodded as little disheartened. Rita heard the whole thing.

She went over to Max "Did you know Beauchamp and Jacob live together?" "Rita shut up gossiping, it's their lives and yes I did and don't breath another word it's not how you think. He's helping her." "Alright... now you have to tell me." "Fine. Cal beat her up were you not here the other day? Anyway Jacob is looking after them." Rita nodded "Why didn't she just say." "You are so niehve Rita. Oh yeah she's going to shout about being beat and running away. Idiot." He walked away shaking his head.

"Mummy, Jacob said I can paint my room pink!" Grace smiled as connie helped her remove her coat, "Did he now?" She raised an eyebrow as she looked over at him "Yep! And you can't say no." "Can I not?" "Nope." She smiled before Connie tickled her making her giggle. Jacob smiled as he watched the pair, Robyn came to the door "Staff Nurse Masters don't you have work to be getting on with?" Connie looked at him, Robyn stood waiting.

"Mummy, it's Jacob." Grace looked at her, "One minute Gracie." "Why did you call him that, you always call him Jacob, or Jay or Muscles or babe at home." Connie and Jacob looked at eachother as her cheeks turned red. "Mummy?" Grace sighed, she snapped her head back to Grace "Why do you call him that? Why can't I not talk about living with Jacob?" "Firecracker, come with me leave your mum to work." He smiled trying to make the situation slightly easier. "Fine but, when I'm back in want an answer Mummy." Grace walked and took Jacobs hand as the pair left.
"Nurse Miller what can I do for you?" She forced a smile, Robyn couldn't believe what she just heard she couldnt wait to tell Lofty. "Oh Um, could you check this for Dr. Hardy." She smiled.

"Lofty, you will never guess what I just heard." Robyn exclaimed as she bounded into the staff room, "Go ahead." "Connie and Jacob live together and they are most definitely together." "Well I new they were living together but not about them dating although it makes sense." Robyn frowned "You knew and didn't tell me?" "Jacob made me and Max promise it's complicated." "Max knew?!" "Cal was beating her and she ran away, Jacob took Grace and her in. Now Robyn don't go gossiping." Both haddn't realised Jacob and Grace stood in the door way.

"Thats why mummy left Cal because he beat her at Games? Because you best her at games will She leave you?" Grace looked up at Jacob worried, "Yeah that's why Firecracker but, don't worry I'm not going anywhere." He smiled, he picked her up. Both Robyn and Lofty looked "Jacob I'm so sorry." Lofty looked at him "No don't worry, I've learnt who I can trust." He smiled "No Jacob it was my fault." Robyn added. Jacob ignored the pair and he walked over to the side placing Grace on it. He pulled out a biscuit for her, "Thank you." She smiled as she took a bite, "No problem Princess." He smiled.

"Jacob you know you and Connie are the talk of the hospital?" Charlie raised and eyebrow as he walked over. "No... she's going to be so mad Charlie she didn't want this out not yet." "What about you?" "Me? I don't mind, I want her and Grace happy." He smiled at the older man, who nodded "You might want to tell her, to prepare her." Grace watched the men before butting in. "Grandad, Jacob so ads I can paint my new room pink!" She smiled "Really, I'll have to see it when it's done." Grace nodded

"Mummy." Grace smiled as she seen her mum wipe her tears, "Hey baby." Connie forced a smile, "Is this about me and everyone finding out? I didn't mean to I'm sorry." Connie shook her head "Course not baby... you listen to music yeah?" Grace hugged her mum and nodded as she took the headphones and phone off the desk. Jacob and Connie waited for her to play a song.

Connie smiled at Jacob, "Why were you crying sweetcheeks?" "It's fine don't worry." "Tell me Connie." "People know about us with is fine but, they don't know the full story and are making false claims and I can't handle it." She tried to fight the tears. He came and hugged her "I know but, it will be over by next week." "No it will be over now." She sighed, he looked down at her "Why?" "Well, I'm not having false accusations running around the hospital. So I need to tell everyone." She forced a smile "Connie only if you are ready we can go home of you like." She shook her head "After."

Everyone stood around watching, "Alright as you may know, I parted... ran away from Cal my ex because he was..." She looked over to Jacob, who smiled and nodded "He Um... well that doesn't matter. What does matter is the rumors, no I didn't cheat on Cal, yes I moved in with Jacob. No we wasn't seeing eachother I'd known him for less than forty-eight hours, yes we are together now. If you would all stop talking especially while Grace is around it would be appreciated." She scurried back to her office, leaving them to talk. "She was so doing him before she left Cal." Jez giggled, "Shut up!" Lofty yelled along with Max "We know why she moved in and trust me that wasn't the case." Max added before Jacob came over. "She just told you everything you need to know! She asked if you wouldn't talk while Grace is here! So do everyone a favour and keep you pathetic mouth shut!" He walked over to Connie's office leaving everyone gobsmacked.

"Why were you shouting?" Grace looked, "Don't worry Firecracker." He smiled. Connie came and took Graces hand, walking out her office. Jacob followed, Grace stopped making Connie looked back  "Grace?" "Waiting for Jacob." She smiled, Connie felt everyone staring. Jacob came over taking Graces free hand, he smiled at Connie who smiled back to his surprise.