Chapter 57

An: after a really bad English test, I wanted to write something nice. So I hope this chapter is okay x

"Mummy." "Yes Ivie." Connie smiled, turning to look at her, "Can we go out? To the park." Connie lifted her up on to the side as she wiped Ivie's dirty hands, "Well do you want to go to the park?" Connie smiled, "Yeah... Mummy?" Connie hummed, "Where is daddy?" "In bed." Connie laughed, "Grace?" "She's at her friends for the night." Connie smiled, Ivie nodded "Daddy come with us to the park?" "We'll have to wake him first." "Can I go? Please!" Ivie smiled, Connie rolled her eyes "Go on." She smiled helping her down before watching her run upstairs.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" Ivie yelled as she jumped up and down on the bed, Jacob sighed as he rolled over "What?" He groaned "Mummy said we can go to the park!" She smiled, Jacob a fell back asleep. She knelt down "Daddy! Wake up you have to come with us." "Okay... I'll be up in a minute." He yawned, Ivie went back down. Connie walked in looking in her wardrobe for things to wear. She looked back at the sleeping Jacob, she smiled and lay next to him. "Jay." He hummed "Do you want to stay here? We can do something later once we get back." He nodded and pushed his head into the pillow. Connie laughed as she kissed his cheek, she grabbed a white blouse that floated over the bump, along with a pair of light blue denim jeans that had rips in the knee. She paired them with a par of simple canvas shoes. Ivie on the other hand wore a dark navy blue, long sleeved top that was slightly floaty and fell to the middle of the thigh, she added some simple black leggings and some black ugg boots.

"I thought daddy was coming?" Ivie looked up, "He's a bit sleepy baby. We can go out later." She smiled. Ivie nodded, as they walked out the door. Ivie quickly took her mothers hand as they strolled down the drive and to the park. "So mummy... the baby is in your tummy?" Ivie looked up, "Yeah it is." She smiled "How?" Connie laughed "It just happens, you will understand when you get bigger." Connie smiled, Ivie nodded before letting go and running to the slide.

Connie smiled watching her move around, until she felt a hand touch her shoulder. She jumped and stood up, "Con, Sweetcheeks it's me." Jacob smiled, her breathing slowed from the quickening pace she just had. "Don't do that." She sighed, "Sorry." He smiled, Connie smiled back as she sat back down. He joined her, she rested her head on his chest "How come you came?" "Well, I just wanted to spend time with two of my favourite girls... although I'd prefer Firecracker to be here." He smiled, Connie laughed. He kissed the top of her head, she smiled. Ivie ran over, "Daddy!" She squeeled, he laughed and picked her up on to his knee. "Ivie!" He smiled, also placing a kiss on her head. She smiled and hugged him.

Connie sat watching as the pair as they raced around the park, she couldnt remove the smile that was on her face. She felt gentle kicks, she looked down and smiled rubbing her hands over he bump, "Soon." She laughed, "Just the five of us." She smiled, Looking back to Jacob and Ivie. A woman came and sat next to her, she flashed a smile which Connie returned. Her eyes went back to being fixated on Jacob and Ivie, but still listening to the conversation the woman was having with a man. It was a voice she recognised but, she thought she was just bing paranoid. The woman got up, Connie turned her head to see Sam. She stared at him for a second, shock written all over her face. He looked at her, "Oh." Was all he could say before Ivie came over, "Mummy, when can we get Grace?" She sighed, "She's staying at her friends tonight." "But I miss her." "Me too, she will be back and you will be fighting again." Connie smiled at her, "Yeah but, I still miss her." "How about we phone her later?" Ivie nodded with a smile. Jacob ran up behind her and swung her round making her giggle, "Daddy!" "Found you!" He chuckled. Connie smiled slightly on edge knowing Sam was watching.

"How about we go home and play in the pool or watch a film?" Connie smiled as her phone began to ring, it was Graces friends mum. Grace wanted to come home, "Or we go and get your sister?" Ivie squeeled, making both Connie and Jacob smile. Connie stood up and quickly followed Ivie out the park, Jacob came up behind her "Con, what's wrong?" She began to slow down as she turned back noticing he haddn't followed, she released a breath "Sam, Sam was there and don't tell me I'm being paranoid. He spoke to me." He wrapped an arm around her protectively "Hey, I wouldn't say that... what did he say?" He kissed her temple "Oh... that's all the said." She sighed. "Are you okay?" She nodded, "I need to speak with Grace though." He nodded, secretly hoping Grace wouldn't want to see Sam but, he'd always be there for her just as if she was his own.

------------

"Grace me and you need a chat, you can go in the pool after." Connie smiled, Grace sighed as she watched Jacob and Ivie disappear into the pool, she came and sat with her mum. "What is it?" She smiled, "There's no easy way of saying it, I seen your dad today-" "Why? Did dad know you went to see him?" "No, well yes but I didn't go to see him, we were at the park and he was there." Connie sighed, "What did he want?" "Nothing." "What did he say?" "Oh." Grace nodded and sighed, "If you are about to ask if I want to see him the answer is still no, he didn't make an effort why should I? I still love him I guess he is my dad but, he's not really my dad... dad's my dad. Somethings take more than blood a dad isn't someone who acts like him a dad is some like dad. He wasn't there when I cry or want a hug or someone to play with or talk too, you and dad are. I'm happy with that." She smiled, Connie nodded, "Well, you might see him around... we both understand if you do." "Yeah if I do whatever and I know you do but I'm happy the way things are and I don't want to see him... now can I go?" She smiled, Connie nodded and kissed her head.

Connie sat on the edge of the pool watching the three play, The two girls played as Jacob swam over. "Well?" He smiled "She doesn't want to see him... I recon she's sad he didn't ask about her though." "Who wouldn't be? He's suppose to care and quite clearly he doesn't, if he cared that would have been one of the first things he asked." Connie nodded, "Anyway she said your her dad, along with some other really sweet things." Jacob smiled, as connie lent forward and gently kissed him. "Our perfect family." He smiled, "Well everyone but you is perfect." She teased, "Say is again." He laughed "You aren't perfect." She smirked, he grabbed her legs and pulled her into the water. She squeeled, "You are so dead Muscles!" Both girls now laughing, "I love you too Sweetcheeks." He smiled and kissed her.