Chapter 44

"Hey Connie." Noel smiled as she walked into the ED, "Hello... have you seen Charlie?" "I think he's in his office." Connie nodded and walked over. She knocked on before entering, Jacob smiled as she walked in "Hey Sweetcheeks." "Hi, but I'm not here to see you.' She smiled "Oh nice to see you too." He laughed. "I know it is. Have you seen Charlie?" He shook his head "Not for a while." She sighed before coming and sitting on his knee.

"I thought you didn't want to see me?" He smirked as he moved his hands to her waist, "Well you will do for now." She laughed kissing him, "Why do you want him?" "Really?" She frowned, "Oh." He smiled, "Did the girls go in okay?" "With much persuasion, yes." They both laughed. As the door opened "Charlie those figures?" Elle asked as both Charlie and Elle walked through the door. "I'll get you them now." He looked before sitting in his chair. "Mrs. Masters don't you have work?" Elle looked "In ten minutes... I need to talk to Charlie." She smiled "So you need to climb all over Staff Nurse Masters for that?" She folded her arms "Maybe... now don't you have work?" Connie smirked as Jacob sat forward pulling them closer to the desk so he could type, Elle rolled her eyes and walked out.

"So?" Charlie smiled, "Pardon?" Connie looked with a smile "What did you want to talk to me about?" He spoke, "Well. We did and more so inform you." She smiled, Charlie raised an eyebrow. "Go ahead." "Well me and Jacob are engaged." She smiled "That's the news... you've been practically married for five years." He laughed "No it's not actually but I'm glad your happy." She laughed as did Jacob, "Well what is it?" Connie kissed Jacobs cheek before walking to the door, "I'm pregnant." She smiled before leaving quickly.

Charlie smiled at Jacob "Congratulations!" Jacob smiled "Thanks, you ready to be a Grandad for a third time?" He laughed "Yeah... I'm so glad she met you, I've never really said that but, I truly am." He looked, "I'm glad I met her." He smiled, Charlie nodded. "I was so unsure about you." Jacob chuckled "Why?" "Well, you don't look like the kind of guy who would want to settle down. You definitely taught me not to judge a book by it's cover." He smiled "Well I'm glad I did."

-------------

They day progressed and before they knew it Nadia was dropping the girls off after picking them up. "Hi Robyn, have you seen my mum or dad anywhere?" Grace smiled holding Ivie's hand, "Well don't you both look grown up." Robyn smiled hugging them both. Elle was stood by reception, her eyes fell to the girls making her sigh. "Mums in resus and your dad I think he's in the staff room." Robyn added "Thank you." Grace smiled before walking on to the Staff room.

"Daddy isn't here Grace." Ivie looked, Grace sighed before going to resus with Ivie following. "Mum! Have you seen dad?" Grace looked, "Um... not for a while. Check his office I won't be long." Grace nodded when Jacob appeared behind both of the girls, he picked them both up around the waist. Ivie squeeled while giggling, "It's okay mum we found him." Grace laughed.

"So how was school?" "Fun!" Ivie smiled, "Good." Grace smiled slightly less enthusiastic, Jacob laughed. "How long will mummy be?" Ivie looked "Not long." He smiled picking her up. Elle walked in to make a cup of tea, she rolled her eyes as she seen them. "Daddy." Ivie smiled "Yes..." "How long now?" She sighed "Soon." He smiled, "Ivie come here." Elle looked, Jacob frowned "She's staying here." Jacob smiled sitting her on the side. "Jacob face it the kids a brat." "Elle shut up! Jesus have to go one further all the time." He shook his head. "What can I say she gets it from her sister." "What's that suppose to mean? Neither of them are and if I were you I'd shut it quickly." Elle picked up her mug "Well don't say I didn't warn you." "These are my children and they aren't brats!" "Well one is... sadly." She laughed "No! They both are and I don't want you around them again!" He yelled as Connie walked in. Ivie now crying looked at her mum.

Connie came over and picked her up, "Grace come on to the car." Connie smiled, Grace nodded and took her mums hand. Connie put the girls in the car before returning to the Staff room where she could still hear the shouting. "Five years Elle! You can't get over it, I don't appreciate you insulting my kids!" "Grace isn't your kid!" "Don't say that Elle! I'm the best she's got to one!" Elle laughed "This little fairy tale will end in tears and I can't wait to see you fall!" He scoffed "Fairy tale?" He mocked "It isn't! It's not been easy Elle, like it or not I love her and if anything I hate you! Your life's so sad you can't even see it anymore." He sighed. Elle laughed and walked back to her office.

"Jacob, what was that?" Connie looked, "Her! I can't stand her Connie." He sighed "No! I don't care shouting infront of the girls." She glared "I know I'm sorry." "But you aren't, if you were sorry you'd have stopped." He rested his head back against the lockers "Connie she pushed me. She insulted our children I can't just sit back and let that happen." "If you cared about them you would have took it outside away from them!" "Cared? What are you implying?" He looked, she sighed rubbing her forehead "That's not what I meant." "Well what did you mean?" He slammed his locker shut after grabbing his things, making Connie jump.

The journey home was silent, uncomfortably silent. As they got home the girls rushed upstairs knowing that their parents were not in a good mood. "Jacob." Connie sighed "No don't Connie quite clearly I don't care about my kids." "I didn't mean it like that at all." She looked at him "How did you mean it Connie? Tell me because to me you made it sound like I didn't." "Of course you care about them!-" "So why imply I don't?" "I was just angry that you were arguing... again." She sighed "What you said was uncalled for Connie." He looked at her "I know... I'm sorry. I'm just sick of her, like you said five years and she still can't drop it." She sighed he nodded "I know." He rubbed her arm, "She's always trying to ruin this and we are slowly letting it happen." "No we aren't." He lifted her chin so their gaze met, "We are Jacob... arguing about this causing us issues-" "Everyone argues Con." "We hardly do Jacob... I hate it." He smiled and pulled her into an embrace "You aren't going to lose me... I thought after five years you'd have learnt that one." He chuckled as did she, "I think it's just the Hormones." "Yeah." He smiled "I love you Sweetcheeks." "I love you too Muscles." "Well then we are okay." He smiled before kissing her.

The girls were eventually sleeping in bed. Jacob and Connie lay on the sofa watching tv, "Jay." He hummed "What did Elle call them?" "Who?" "The girls?" He sighed "Brats." She sat up and checked her phone, making him frown in confusion. "She's been talking to him." "Who and who?" "Elle talking to... Cal." She looked her eyes filling, Jacob sat up and pulled her onto his lap "Hey, listen to me... he isn't going to hurt you." Jacob smiled running his hands through her hair, she nodded and blinked the tears away. "I was just so happy I'd forgotten he was coming out this year." "Me too." He sighed "Come on, let's go to bed." He smiled she nodded.