Chapter 46

Connie had been cautious and jumpy since she though she had heard him, Jacob understood that this was hard for her. "Con wake up baby." He whispered, she pulled the quilt over her face "No. I'm not going." She sighed, "Connie..." "Fine!" She pulled herself of of the bed and stormed to the bathroom. He lay for a few minutes thinking about everything, she came out the bedroom and looked at him lying there. She sighed thinking about how she reacted, he looked over watching her as she climbed back on the bed lying her head on his chest. "I'm sorry." She looked, "Don't worry about it." He smiled, she smiled back before sitting up again. She gently slapped his thigh "Come on then." She smirked, he pulled her back down and hoverd over her as she giggled. He lent his head forward kissing her, she responed as the kiss deepened Connie moaned against his lips. They both pulled away as they heard the girls, she let out a slight sigh.

"Grace, Ivie we are going to be late!" Connie called up the stairs. The two girls rushed down grabbing their bags, "Ivie hurry up." Grace sighed "You took ages too." Ivie looked "because you are trying to impress Kyle." She giggled "No I'm not!" Grace protested as her face went bright red. "Girls car now." Connie looked, both girls went to leave when Jacob stopped Grace "Who's Kyle?" He looked "A friend." "He best had be just a 'friend'." Jacob smiled "Yes now can we go?" Grace looked as Jacob removed his hand.

The girls were soon in school and Connie and Jacob were working together, the strolled out a cubical. Jacob went to the nurse station to phone for some results to be rushed. Connie followed behind as she was filling in some patient notes, Jacob turned around after finishing the phone call his eyes widened. Connie looked up "Jacob?" She laughed, when no answer escaped from his lips she followed his gaze. She froze at the sight before her, Jacob pulled her close and walked moving her along to the on call room.

She sat on the edge of the bed still in shock, "Sweetcheeks tell me how you feel?" He knelt down and took her hands, "Um... I... I don't Exsactly know." She trembled, he felt her cold hands shake. A tear fell from her eye before the floods came, he sat next to her as she cried into his lap. He soothed her till she looked up, "I want him to stay away... but that's not going to happen now she's with him." He wiped her cheeks "I know... I know. I want his to disappear like he has been." He kissed her forehead. After a while of lay cuddling the pair left the on call room.

Connie went back to work where Jacob went to Elle's office. "What is you game?" He yelled making her look up, "What?" "With Cal! Your Game you know what he did to her!-" "It was all lies Jacob!" He laughed "I seen them... the marks I see the scars she still has every day unless you are going to tell me she did them to herself which I highly doubt!" "Well he told me she made it up-" "He told you. Brilliant, because obviously he's going to admit it isn't he?" "He's changed Jacob." She smiled slightly, "People like that never change Elle. Never! I don't want him anywhere near her so keep him well away!" He walked out the office slamming the door. He went to search for Connie.

"Hey princess." Cal smiled as he shut the staff room door, "Get out." Connie whispered, "Don't be like that. Did you miss me?" "No! No I didn't!" "Calm down I'm not going to hurt you." He laughed sitting down, "What have you been up to?" "Thats my business." She went to walk to the door but he stood in her way, "Don't anger me." He frowned, she sighed "Please. Please just let me go." She begged "Why? We need to talk about when you're moving in with me." "I'm not!" "I'll let that slip... how's Grace?" "That's nothing to do with you!" "Someone got a gob haven't they?" He glared. "Please just let me go." She sighed trying to stay calm, he noticed the ring. "You moved on?... with him?!" "Cal. Yes I did I love him! We have a child together... I don't want you and haven't since the first time you hit me." "You don't mean that!" "I do Cal!... just let me go!"

Jacob heard shouting from the staff room as Elle walked out her office, he looked over "If he's hurt her I swear Elle you best leave holby!" He yelled before going to the second staff room door. He stood still as he looked over, Cal was holding a knife to Connie. "One more step I dare you." Cal looked, "Alright I understand... don't blame her. She loves you I know it but, I made her love me and now she's worried I'll stop you-" "Does she?" Cal smiled as connie frowned at him "Yeah how could she not I mean look at you. But you two need to talk and the best way for that to happen is for the knife to go away." David walked past and heard he quickly ran to get security. "What If she runs?" "You won't will you Sweetcheeks?" She shook her head. Cal nodded and stepped back as the security guards ran in Cal went to stab Connie as Jacob pulled her away.

"Did he hurt you?" He held her tight, watching him be dragged out "No." She whispered he rubbed his thumb on her head kissing her forehead as he heard her cry, "Hey I've got you... shh..." Her breathing slowed as she relaxed in his arms. Elle came in "Connie I'm so-" "Get out!" He glared making Connie jump, Elle sighed and left. "Shall we go home?" She nodded as she hugged him tighter.

--------

When they got home the girls wouldn't be back for another four hours, Connie was still completely shook up. "Want to relax in the bath?" "No.... can we watch a something in bed?" She looked "Yeah course we can. You go up and pick something, I'll get us drinks and food?" She nodded and hugged him "Thanks you... I love you so much." "No need to thank me, and I love you more now up." He smiled kissing her.

He came back up with the drinks and an array of crisps and chocolate, she smiled as he climbed in next to her. "What film?" "None... tv series." "Well what is it?" He smiled, "Peaky Blinders." she smiled as she grabbed a packet of crisps, "And that is?" He laughed "It's based off a gang after the first world war. In Birmingham, it seemed good." She smiled he nodded and moved her to his chest. She smiled before both watched.