Chapter 38

Connie lay in the bath, silence filled the room. She smiled at the peacefulness of the house, although she hated the fact Jacob had been called in. She eventually pulled herself out the bath and got ready. She sat on the bed contemplating if she should listen to Jacob and rest or just do what she had planned for the day. She got up and walked downstairs, looking at the vaccant room on the way past. She grabbed a drink before going back upstairs.

She had been painting and decorating for around three hours when her phone rang,
"Jacob?"
"Sweetcheeks... you sound out of breath what's up?"
"Oh I know you said rest but I was... doing pilates." She lied
"You can't follow a simple set of instructions can you?" He sighed
"No, I'm really sad you only just worked this out." She laughed
"Anyway, I know I said I could pick Grace up but, Rita is making me stay longer."
"Don't worry about it, what time will you be back?" She questioned
"Around six, that okay because I can't tell Rita to shove it up her ar-"
"Jacob it's fine don't worry, as long as you pick us up food."
"Deal."
"See you later love you."
"I love you too sweetcheeks."

She put the phone down and returned to painting, she then moved to building which she found pretty difficult at eight months but she wasn't letting it stop her, all she could think about was how much trouble she would be in from Jacob, not that it got her too worried. She soon had finished building, she glanced at the time she had to leave for Grace in five minutes she looked down at the at the the now paint covered dungarees. She didn't have time to change so she grabbed her things and left to pick Grace up.

She sighed as she got a few stares from the other parents, this was one part she hated. Grace came out, "Mummy, why have you got paint on you?" "You will she won't you." Connie smiled as she took Graces hand and walked back to the car. "How was school?" "Good!" Grace smiled, Connie laughed "Where's daddy?" Grace smiled climbing in her car seat, "He had to go to work." Connie smiled strapping her in, Grace sighed slightly "Can we go in the pool?" "You might not want to tonight." Connie smiled, she was a woman on a mission today. "Why?" Grace sighed "Just you wait and see." Connie smiled as she drove home.

Grace went upstairs to change when she seen the room, "Mummy did you do this?" Grace questioned as Connie came in "Yeah, who else?" She laughed. Grace smiled, "She will love it mummy." "Good... after I've moved this shall we do your toy room?" Connie smiled, Grace's eyes widened "Really?!" Connie nodded "Go and get changed quickly." "Won't daddy be mad? He always tells you to rest." Connie laughed "He can't get any madder can he?" Grace shook her head and ran to get changed leaving Connie to move and add the final touches. She finished in less than half an hour giving her plenty for time for the toy room. She quickly took a glance round, she was quite impressed with herself.

"Can we do it now mummy?" Grace smiled as she got up from the floor, "Yeah

"Can we do it now mummy?" Grace smiled as she got up from the floor, "Yeah." Connie smiled as she felt a kick "Grace come here." Grace did as she was told, Connie placed her hand on her stomach. Grace felt it and smiled widely "Wow!" Connie laughed "Come on madam let's do this toy room." Grace smiled as they walked "Mummy?" "Yes." "Can I have my room decorated?" Connie sighed a little "Not today, it's a good job I knew you would ask." "Why?" Grace looked "Because I've been looking we can look later." Connie smiled Grace nodded as they walked in the room.

---------

"All done." Connie smiled, the pair high fived as they heard the door, "Daddy! We are in here." Grace called, Jacob walked in and looked around "You call this pilates?" He glared at her "Oh that's what I said I meant redecorating." She smirked, "Well it does look good.

"Yeah it does but, Ivie's room looks so good

"Yeah it does but, Ivie's room looks so good." Grace smiled, "Ivie's?" He frowned, "Yeah see I just was bored-" "I said rest and you redecorate two rooms, me and you have different versions of rest." "Jacob shut up and give me my food." She laughed as she walked out to the living room. He shook his head following her, "I'm going to look." He smiled as he passed her the food,She nodded.

He soon came back down "Sweetcheeks, it beautiful but, next time I say rest I mean rest." "Yeah yeah." She laughed "Thats a lot of work for a day beautiful." She blushed at the name, which made him smile, "I suppose." "I'm still mad at you." He looked as she stood up "Well maybe I can make it up to you later." She whispered in his ear seductively, he bit his lip trying not to smirk "I'll hold you to that one." "So you should." He chuckled, "Anyway, Grace wants her room doing... but I want it a surprise so you can help me with that." Connie smiled, he nodded "You will rest Connie." "Alright." She sighed as she got a drink. He smiled as she came back in "I do love it though." "Good." She smiled "Nearly as much as I love you." He smiled "I love you too but, that was cringy." She laughed as did he.