Chapter 15

Connie lay in the warm bath, candles lit around the outside made her skin glow, Jacob came in handing her a glass of wine. She smiled noticing him staring, she took a sip and placed it down. He stood, still watching. She flicked water at him, breaking his trance, she beckoned her finger for him to come closer which he did, she placed a gentle kiss on his lips and splashed him again. He raised an eyebrow "If you want me to get in with you all you have to do is ask sweetcheeks." "That so muscles?" She smirked, he nodded "Who said I wanted you to come in?" "Oh fine I'll go then." "I never said that either." She smirked standing up, he looked a little confused, she kissed him and moved her legs around his waist, "Connie I'm all wet now." She laughed "Shhh... you will wake Firecracker." He looked at her "Shut up and take me to bed." Without a second word he did as she asked.

She watched his chest rise, days off were the best. She turned slightly and looked at the time, 8am. She didn't quite like the silence and she couldn't sleep, she carefully pulled herself out  the bed. She put her running gear on and left a note Gone for a run x she placed her ear buds in before walking out the silent house and running away from the flat.

Jacob rolled over finding the empty bed. He sighed, it had been a while since he had been alone in bed. He waited to hear noise from the girls but, instead silence, he found the note and read it. He smiled and got ready, he left the room to hear the slight chatter of Grace playing with her toys. Knocked in the door, "Come in!" He chuckled, she was so like her mother. He walked in, "How about-" "Wait." She interrupted, Jacob stood waiting as she placed her baby doll in the cot. She smiled at Jacob, "How about we make pancakes?" Jacob looked at her, "Yeah!"

The kitchen was cover with egg and flour, Connie came in and looked at it. She pulled her earphones out, Grace came running into the hall "Me and Jacob did this for you." She smiled, Connie looked at the mess, Jacob smiled in the living room door way. "Not that." He laughed, Grace pulled her mums arm making her move to the living room. A plate of pancakes, along with various toppings, Grace went and sat down to eat, Connie smiled at him "I think this defeats the object of a run." He shrugged and sat down, Connie joined them.

Grace went back to her room, "What was wrong this morning?" "Oh, I just didn't want to wake you but, I didn't enjoy the silence." She looked up at him, "Wake me next time." He smiled, "Alright Muscles." She rested her head into his chest, "If I'm honest, I didn't like waking without you." He moved his arms around her, she smiled "Thank you for breakfast." "No problem sweetcheeks." She smiled, "I'm going for a shower."

Connie strolled out the bedroom, in a flowing white dress that fell to just above her knee, longs sleeved. It complemented her legs, her hair fell down in her usual lose ringlets. Her make up still subtle, she added a pair of brown, wedges that revealed her toes. She walked to Graces room, "What would you like to do today baby?" "Shhh... Emily is sleeping." She pointed to her doll, Connie bit her lip to prevent the laugh, "Sorry." She whispered. Grace nodded and walked to her wardrobe to pick and outfit, she pulled out a black Sheer top that was longer at the back along with a black vest, blue denim jeans that had light rips at the knee. She grabbed a pair of brown flats that fastened at her ankles, and cut out too the toes that was covered in a lace styled pattern.The girls had formed a plan that Jacob had no idea about, "Come on then." Connie smiled, he raised an eyebrow and walked over.

The drive seemed to drag but, not a one of them cared they all loved eachothers company. "The beach?" He smiled, "Yeah!" Grace squeeled. He laughed and looked at Connie who drove while smiling, "With it getting canceled last time we thought it would be a good idea." Connie smiled, "It is indeed." He added.

They sat on the beach, the cool sea air hitting them. Grace built sandcastles for a while with Jacob, Connie sat and watched them. She felt slightly uneasy, she didn't know why but, something was wrong and it had been since she left the flat for her run. "Race you?" Grace giggled "you're on Firecracker." He smiled as the pair sprinted down to the sea. Connie on looked them as they splashed around in the water.

"Hey princess." Someone spoke, she didn't flinch, she stayed completely still. "Why don't you go and get Grace and we can go back home yeah?" Cal moved infront of her view. She didn't say anything, "Connie I'm not drunk... please. We are supposed to be a family." "No! Following me around, the things you did! That's not a family, I don't love you Cal when will you get that into your brain!" She went to walk down to Jacob, "Woah! We aren't finished here." He glared "Yes. Yes we are." He lost it and pushed her down, kicking her, she screamed.

"Mummy!" Grace screamed, sending shiveres down Jacob spine. He turned round, he picked Grace up and ran. He carefully placed Grace in the car locking the door. He came to Cal, who ran off to the car. He wanted to run after him but, that wasn't his concern right now. He knelt down to Connie, "Sweetcheeks. Talk to me." He brushed some hair out of her face. "It hurts... help me..." She sobbed as she gripped her stomach, he pulled out his phone calling an ambulance. "Connie keep talking to me." She became drowsy "Connie.... Con... talk to me sweetcheeks."

He ran through the hospital after dropping Grace off with Charlie, "Jacob." Zoe looked at him gripping his arms to keep him from walking, "Where is she?!" He pleaded, "She tore her liver... she's in surgery. She's going to be perfectly fine." "She's tore her liver! He did this!" His pain had turned to anger, Ethan was walking past. He grabbed him by the throat and held him against the wall. Max and Lofty ran over, "Jac-" Max went to speak, "Keep him away from her! You keep away from her!" Jacob's grip tightened, "Jacob. Get off him and go and wait for her. She wouldn't want this." Lofty panicked, he threw him down and walked off.

He sat by her bedside, she began to wake. "Jacob." She spoke quietly, "I'm right here sweetcheeks." He held her hand tight, "Where's Grace is she okay?" "Yeah, she's with Charlie." Connie cried, "I knew something was wrong... all day I felt on edge." He shook his head, "We didn't know Connie. Please don't blame yourself." "I tired to get away but, he wouldn't let me... I'm so sorry." He rubbed her arm "What are you sorry for... he's the only person that should... will be sorry." He looked "You didn't ask for any of this, you came to be a nurse not deal with all this." "Don't. I want this okay end of." She nodded "And you are staying right here. I'm not letting you do anything stupid." She squeezed his hand, "I've not even met this new consultant yet and apparently they were the ones treating me." Jacob let out a little laugh, "Well at least they know you are difficult." He joked. She laughed but instantly stopped as it still hurt, he smiled and kissed the top of her head, "I'll keep you safe even if it kills me." She didn't let go of his hand.

"I want... I need to report this Jacob." She took a breath in and out with relief "Whatever you choose I'm right here."