Chapter 39

"Jacob let go." Connie laughed as she tried to walk, he had his arms around her petite waist that held her bump gently resting his head on her shoulder. "What If I don't want too?" He spoke, "Well we have to work Jacob... you will have to let go at some point." She chuckled, "We will see." He smirked, "Jacob please." She begged, "Hmmm... but I don't want too." He laughed, "Are you forgetting who the boss is?" She frowned turning her head to look at him "Oh remind me who that is again." He smiled, she smiled back. Their eyes met, they gently kissed eachother, Their kisses may have been small and quick yet they had so much meaning. "Now will you let go?" She smiled, he kissed her again "Now what have we got Sweetcheeks?" He smiled as he peered over her shoulder looking down at the patient File, "You will see if you actually let me go." He laughed and stepped away "Go ahead Sweetcheeks." She rolled her eyes at him as they both walked to the cubical.

The patient lay on the bed smirking at the pair after what he had just witnessed. "Alright I'm Mrs. Masters and this Is Staff Nurse Masters-" "Mrs. Beauch- I mean Masters, you are needed in reception." Robyn panted, Connie frowned slightly and passed the file to Jacob "Find another doctor." She smiled before walking out front. "You two married?" The man questioned, "Something like that." He smiled, the man nodded and smiled, before Jacob went to find a doctor.

"Dad?" Connie frowned, "Connie!" He cheered, she sighed "Dad I'm working and you are drunk." "Am I?" He laughed, "Can I not see you anymore?" "Not while I'm working nor when you are drunk... go and sober up dad." She looked at him, "Connie I'm fine." He smiled as he walked closer, "Dad I mean it go home." "I'm honestly not that-" He tripped up and fell, knocking Connie over. "Dad! Go home!" She sat up as Charlie came over, "Connie are you okay?" She nodded as he helped her up, he looked and went to speak "Don't! If I feel like I need checking over I will." She butted in. He held his hands either side of his face, she chuckled before walking back to work.

The day passed slowly, Jacob was looking for Connie but, he couldn't find her "Robyn, you haven't seen Connie have you?" He frowned "Um not for a while." "Where was the last place?" He smiled "Bathroom." He nodded "Thank you freckles." He added before walking over to them. "Con." He called in not wanting to be seen stepping in, he could hear her sobbing. He quickly glanced around, checking no one was looking, before slipping in. "Connie I know you are in here... talk to me." He spoke softly. She gently pulled her self up and opened the door "Con." He looked, "Jacob... I need to be checked over." He frowned "What why?" "Dad knocked me over and I thought I was fine." "Thought?" "I'm bleeding... badly at that." She held the tears, he tried not to show his worry. "Come on." He took her hand guiding her to the door, they walked out. Everyone looked over at her as they walked over.

She lay in the bed while tests were ran, "Our baby will be fine... she's a fighter." He smiled trying to calm her. She nodded as the dopler was placed on her stomach, the both glanced over. The man paused, "The baby is fine. The heart rate is fluctuating, we have two options." He looked, Connie sighed knowing the two options. "We could either monitor it over night or we could send you for a section which could end up being the case anyway." The both looked at eachother "I'll give you a little bit of time but, what I will say is if it drops any lower you will be down anyway." He walked out. "Jacob She isn't ready..." her eyes full to the brim "Hey, she's not that early if it happens... Is this more about you aren't ready?" He held her hand "This wasn't how it was supposed to go... I don't want it to end up like Grace." A few tears cascaded down her cheeks, "She won't, she's older." He smiled reassuringly. Connie nodded "It's for the best right?" She looked at him, Jacob nodded.

Connie was wheeled up for an Emergency C-Section which Jacob wasn't allowed in. The thought of him being a dad finally hit him, "Charlie I'm going to be a dad... she will be here in less than two hours." He said louder than he anticipated, a few people walked over. "Jacob why aren't you up there?" Louise stared "I'm not allowed in... I should go and wait outside shouldn't I?" He looked "Probably best." She smiled, "Send us a picture!" Robyn squeeled. He laughed before rushing upstairs to wait.

-------------

"Hey beautiful." Jacob smiled, Connie smiled briefly "Where is she?" She panicked, he pointed his finger to the hospital crib, Connie looked and tried to sit up as she couldn't see her properly. Jacob grabbed her gently and passed her to Connie, Connie looked down at her baby. She smiled, She had short thin black curly hair, she had her nose and mixture of both in the eyes and lips. She bit her bottem lip and looked up at Jacob with a smile even though a few tears leaked. "She's so beautiful." He nodded, pulling his chair closer. She carefully removed her tears, "Who's got Grace? My bag with everything in, it's at home." Connie looked "Chill, Charlie's got it covered. He's coming in about ten minutes." He smiled, she nodded and glanced back at her daughter, "We made this Jacob." She smiled, "Yeah we did." He smiled tucking her hair behind her ear. "I am so proud of you Sweetcheeks." He added. Connie looked as Ivie gripped her finger, she smiled as she heard Grace and Charlie.

"So my sister is here now?" Grace looked at Charlie "Yes but, she's only little." Grace nodded "Will she play with me?" "In a few months." "Months?" Grace gasped "It will go quick." He laughed as they walked in. Grace let go of Charlie's hand as she walked over to Jacob. She tried to look but couldn't quite see, Jacob lifted her up. She looked at her sister, she pulled a few faces. "She's really small! But I love her." Grace smiled, Connie smiled back. "Want to hold her?" Grace nodded eagerly. Jacob placed her on the chair, He picked up Ivie and placed her on Grace's knee helping her support her. She smiled looking at her "She's really pretty." Jacob nodded as she began to cry, Grace looked at Jacob. He picked her back up "I think someone's hungry." He cooed.

A few hours passed and it was just the three of them, "Jay." He hummed "Don't you not think you best calm everyone's excitement." He looked "What are you talking about?" "Your friends, won't they not want a picture?" He nodded "Well go ahead." She smiled.

Ivie-J Elizabeth Masters, 6 pounds 5 ounces. He attached the photo and sent it to everyone. Connie smiled as he kissed her head "I suppose this is where the fun begins." He chuckled, "You could say that." She smiled looking up at him before they kissed.