Chapter 60

"Jacob, please just let me come and sit in you office. It's boring here with just me Noah and Sid." Connie sighed as she watched Jacob move around the bedroom getting ready, "You had a baby two days ago, you need to rest-" "and I can in your office. Please Jacob." She begged, he looked at her face as she pouted slightly. "Fine. I'm sorry I have to go back so early." He sighed, "No it's fine. But I just want to come with you." She smiled as she walked over to where he stood. "I'll get Noah ready, leave you too it." He smiled before kissing her.

After they were all ready they dropped the girls off at school and headed to the ED. Noah slept in his car seat peacefully, "Is this going to be like Ivie?" Jacob looked "Probably." She smiled, "Well I'm not going to complain but, you should be resting Con." "Yeah yeah I know but, Noah and I will miss you." He laughed, "I really am sorry I have to go back." Connie shrugged "Well we will be here." She smiled. "Maybe I need a baby carrier, so I can work." She added with a laugh "Step to far." Jacob chuckled, he glanced at her "I love you sweetcheeks." He smiled gently squeezing her thigh, "Hmmm... I suppose I love you too. Muscles." She teased as they arrived at Holby.

As they walked in everyone came over cooing at the newborn, after that ordeal Connie made her way to Jacob's office. She searched the Internet aimlessly as she held Noah, she eventually became bored there so she carefully stood up and walked out in search of something to do around the hospital. She saw Jacob over at a cubical, calling for a doctor. She paused and glanced around before walking over, "Everything okay Staff Nurse Masters?" She smiled, he narrowed his eyes "No you don't, back to my office." "But you need a doctor and I am one." "That was not the agreement." She rolled her eyes "I may have lied a little." "You have Noah in you arms, you can't do much treating." She smirked and handed him over to Jacob "Don't know what you are talking about." "Just this once." He sighed in defeat.

They both walked out the cubical, Noah began to cry at what they thought was the loud noise. "Pass him here." Connie smiled, "You sure?" He smiled she nodded "You have work to be getting on with." Jacob handed him over, "Oh, I think someone may need a new nappy." Connie laughed, She began to walk to the office noticing Jacob following. "Jacob I'm not ten." "I know but, if you forgot I have work to do in my office too." She smiled at him before walking in.

She stayed standing, aftrr changing his nappy. Which made Jacob frown, "Con, Come sit here." He smiled patting his knee, "You sure?" "Course I am." He smiled, Connie came and sat on his knee. Jacob rested his chin on her shoulder looking down at their baby boy, "He's so perfect." He spoke as he kissed her shoulder, Connie smiled "Yeah he is." She stood up and carefully placed him in his cot while he slept before returning to Jacobs lap. She looked up at him as she moved her arms around her neck, he smiled and kissed her "Sweetcheeks, I know I said you could sit on my lap but, you are distracting me." He laughed, "Sorry." She smiled "Maybe you should do you work without me or Noah being here." She teased, "No!" He frowned "Well don't complain Muscles." He laughed as he moved the chair closer to his desk.

Neither noticed Sam stood outside the office watching, while he spoke to a woman who didn't know he was. "They are so adorable." She smiled standing next to them, "Hmmm... not the Connie I know." The woman shrugged, "People change... they are seriously cute though." Sam nodded, as he watched her kiss him. The woman continued on, when he heard two girls chatting strolling to the office. He watched how Grace walked past not noticing him

"Mummy! Daddy!" Ivie squeeled as she ran over to them, both of them laughed as they hugged her, "Hey mum, hey dad... Where's Noah?" Grace smiled, "sleeping over there." Connie smiled as Grace came over hugging them. Ivie went and sat on Charlie's chair, "Mum, can I go and get a drink?" Grace smiled, "Yeah, I'll come with you. Jay want a brew?" "Please Sweetcheeks." He smiled, watching Ivie spin around in the chair. Both girls went to the Staff room, they got what they wanted aswell as connie warming a bottle for Noah. They walked back, "So that's like is food?" "Well yeah it is his food." "How?" Grace looked, "Well they can't have food, they have no teeth and their tummys are too small." Grace nodded, before stopping as she seen Sam. "Why is he here?!" Connie looked, "I... don't really know. You go to dad Gracie." Grace nodded and walked into the office, "Leave Sam. You don't start till Friday, I'm pretty sure it's Wednesday." She sighed walking to the office.

Noah now squaking, Connie passed Jacob his coffee and took Noah. She gently checked the temperature of the milk on the back of her hand before feeding him. "Well?" Grace looked, "Grace... things have been hectic-" "Why is he here?!" She yelled, Connie sighed "He's coming back to work here..." "How long have you known?!" "The night Noah was born Grace I didn't want to upset you." Grace sighed "Why won't he just leave me alone?" She stood up and left the office.Jacob took Noah back, "Mummy, is Gracie okay?" "Yeah course baby you stay with Daddy." Connie smiled and left.

Grace walked up to her dad and pushed him, "Grace!" He yelled, Connie came over "Don't shout at her!" Sam scoffed, "Leave me alone!" She screamed "leave me and my mum and my family alone! Go back to America or wherever you went!" "Gracie, come on. Leave him alone." Connie smiled, Grace came to her mum and hugged her tight as she cried, "See Sam, you just can't not hurt her can you? She asked me whats wrong her, nothing. The question is what's wrong with you." She spat, before comforting her daughter.

They walked back to the office, Jacob looked as did Ivie, "Gracie are you okay?" Ivie frowned, "Ivie, leave her for a minute." Connie smiled, Ivie sighed "I was just asking." "I know." Connie took Noah back winding him. While Grace went and hugged Jacob tight, "You know, he's a stupid idiot." Jacob smiled, Grace nodded "You know he doesn't deserve you?" She nodded "You know me and mum love you lots?" "Course." She looked "You know you're always my Firecracker." Grace smiled "As long as you know your always my dad." Jacob smiled and kissed her head, Everyone laughed as Noah burped. "How about we all go home, have Pizza and watch TV or play games?" Jacob smiled, "Yeah!" Ivie squeeled, "Yeah!" Grace sniffled, he smiled and kissed her head again as she got down. "You sure you don't need to work?" Connie whispered, "No. It's fine, I've got most of it done. Anyway our kids and you mean more." She smiled and kissed him before getting everything and leaving.